Northwestern Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Bloomsie

New

Re: Northwestern Class of 2016

Post by Bloomsie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 pm

mrizza wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Just deposited. It's offic y'all.
+1
8)
Just deposited, too. I will steal your dog, Micdiddy. This is not an idle threat.

bobloblawstudent

New

Post by bobloblawstudent » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:12 pm

looks like i'm officially joining the class of 2016! hopefully i wont be saying "i've made a huge mistake" anytime soon (that one is for all of my fellow arrested development fans!)

Bloomsie

New

Post by Bloomsie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

bobloblawstudent wrote:looks like i'm officially joining the class of 2016! hopefully i wont be saying "i've made a huge mistake" anytime soon (that one is for all of my fellow arrested development fans!)
Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?!?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Bloomsie wrote:
mrizza wrote:
+1
8)
Just deposited, too. I will steal your dog, Micdiddy. This is not an idle threat.
This is how you steal my dog: "Howie, come here!" and he'll come running towards you tongue out, ears flapping.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Bloomsie wrote:
bobloblawstudent wrote:looks like i'm officially joining the class of 2016! hopefully i wont be saying "i've made a huge mistake" anytime soon (that one is for all of my fellow arrested development fans!)
Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?!?
Clearly we just came up with the best club idea ever.

(and I call dibs on being Mr. Manager)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
Bloomsie wrote:
mrizza wrote:
+1
8)
This is how you steal my dog: "Howie, come here!" and he'll come running towards you tongue out, ears flapping.
To steal my dog I'd recommend some horse tranquilizers and a fork lift

oaken

Bronze

Post by oaken » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 pm

It's just manager

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 pm

oaken wrote:It's just manager
but you just said...

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Let's start a "let's be friends with the cute medical students club." That's assuming, of course, that there are good looking medical students.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:56 pm

I feel bad for all the single people attending. No hot, young UG's waltzing around campus :(

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:Let's start a "let's be friends with the cute medical students club." That's assuming, of course, that there are good looking medical students.
Still gunning for dat JD/MR degree?

onionz

Bronze

Post by onionz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm

mrizza wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:Let's start a "let's be friends with the cute medical students club." That's assuming, of course, that there are good looking medical students.
my fiance is in the medical school. They're pretty cool people. All really busy, all the time though. They have like 3-4x more class time than we will.

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:03 pm

mrizza wrote:
At this point... dating a MD candidate might finally be what it takes to make my asian parents feel proud of me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Lol. Good luck with that one. :lol:

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:07 pm

onionz wrote:
mrizza wrote:
my fiance is in the medical school. They're pretty cool people. All really busy, all the time though. They have like 3-4x more class time than we will.
As hard as law school will be, it's not med school. Then again, they can pretty safely expect good employment upon graduation.

MDeeGee

New

Post by MDeeGee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 pm

intlsplitr wrote:
MDeeGee wrote:Hey everyone, really excited here about NU and making the move to Chicago (well maybe except the whole winter thing, I'm from Miami after all). Just wondering if anyone has received a financial aid award and has tried to appeal it, and if so, how and did you have any luck with getting it increased?
Check the applicants thread. There are a few of us that requested an increase and were successful.
Thanks, found some good advice there and gave it a shot today, fingers crossed...

MDeeGee

New

Post by MDeeGee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:09 pm

oaken wrote:
intlsplitr wrote:
MDeeGee wrote:Hey everyone, really excited here about NU and making the move to Chicago (well maybe except the whole winter thing, I'm from Miami after all). Just wondering if anyone has received a financial aid award and has tried to appeal it, and if so, how and did you have any luck with getting it increased?
Check the applicants thread. There are a few of us that requested an increase and were successful.
just make sure you don't call it an "appeal"
duly noted... i went with "a second look"...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KremeCheez

Bronze

Post by KremeCheez » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Deposited.
Anyone get any sort of confirmation after filling out the Candidate Response / Scholarship Acceptance Forms?
I got a confirmation for my deposit payment, but...
I tend to be a little neurotic about these sort of things...

cookiejar1

Silver

Post by cookiejar1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:00 pm

KremeCheez wrote:Deposited.
Anyone get any sort of confirmation after filling out the Candidate Response / Scholarship Acceptance Forms?
What kind of confirmation did you get? I just got a "your credit card payment was approved..." receipt. And, well, thank god for TLS because I totally did not know about the Candidate Response form. Is there a Scholarship Acceptance form? I gotta get my shit together.

Here's the link for the candidate response form: http://survey.constantcontact.com/surve ... se2i/start
...and here's the link for the scholarship acceptance form: http://survey.constantcontact.com/surve ... /questions

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 pm

FWIW, I deposited for the AJD program in March and have gotten nothing beyond the deposit receipt. My guess is that you will hear crickets through July or August..

KremeCheez

Bronze

Post by KremeCheez » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:11 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:
What kind of confirmation did you get? I just got a "your credit card payment was approved..." receipt. And, well, thank god for TLS because I totally did not know about the Candidate Response form. Is there a Scholarship Acceptance form? I gotta get my shit together.

Here's the link for the candidate response form: http://survey.constantcontact.com/surve ... se2i/start
...and here's the link for the scholarship acceptance form: http://survey.constantcontact.com/surve ... /questions
Same CC payment email.
Was hoping for more of a "We received your Scholarship Acceptance Form. Consider your $$$ on lockdown." type email...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Wait do we need to do both candidate response and scholarship acceptance? They're same bubbles basically, I just did scholarship acceptance and figured that was enough.

Edit: just did both to be safe, whatever.
Last edited by Micdiddy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Micdiddy wrote:Wait do we need to do both candidate response and scholarship acceptance? They're same bubbles basically, I just did scholarship acceptance and figured that was enough.
I did both..

Bloomsie

New

Post by Bloomsie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:35 pm

I did the deposit, and then the scholarship acceptance form. Then, because I am the king of neurosis, I emailed Jill and asked if I had to do anything else. She said I was good to go, so if you guys have done those, you should be fine. That being said, if I didn't have a specifically-tailored response, I'd still email her.

MAHamlin

Bronze

Post by MAHamlin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:
What kind of confirmation did you get? I just got a "your credit card payment was approved..." receipt.
My status checker updated to "Deposit Received". You might be able to get confirmation it was received that way. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how long it took to update; I didn't check it until just now and I paid my deposit about a week and a half ago. So... it takes less than a week and half :P

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”