Texas Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby michaelm55 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:07 pm

I did buy the business cards... why the hell not? Worst case scenario: you have 250 cards you didn't use... best case scenario: you run into a firm's partner or a judge and land a job. At worst, you lose 25 buck :shock:

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5703
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BVest » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:18 pm

dkb17xzx wrote:Is this the 2013 Texas Penal Code?

http://www.tdcaa.com/publications/pre-o ... de-2013-15


Yes and no. Yes, that is the 2013 Tex Penal Code. But that's not published by West so it won't have whatever West has in terms of additions (related statutes in other codes) and annotations, if those turn out to be substantive. West doesn't list a 2013 ed. on their website, FWIW. http://store.westlaw.com

I would wait on this and see what the prof has to say. I can't imagine your first reading includes reading from the penal code, and if it does, use http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/ and hope someone else gets cold-called.

(What you've linked would be interesting has the strikethrough/underlines to show changes passed in the most recent legislative session.)

dkb17xzx
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby dkb17xzx » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:40 pm

BVest wrote:
dkb17xzx wrote:Is this the 2013 Texas Penal Code?

http://www.tdcaa.com/publications/pre-o ... de-2013-15


Yes and no. Yes, that is the 2013 Tex Penal Code. But that's not published by West so it won't have whatever West has in terms of additions (related statutes in other codes) and annotations, if those turn out to be substantive. West doesn't list a 2013 ed. on their website, FWIW. http://store.westlaw.com

I would wait on this and see what the prof has to say. I can't imagine your first reading includes reading from the penal code, and if it does, use http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/ and hope someone else gets cold-called.

(What you've linked would be interesting has the strikethrough/underlines to show changes passed in the most recent legislative session.)



thanks for responding...I didn't want to order it since it wasn't from West and then I wondered if I was overthinking it.

BigZuck
Posts: 10873
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:25 am

Enjoying the neuroticism on the Facebook group (and the contributions of people ITT to the discussion).

So is it too late for a TLS meetup before orientation? I'm literally just playing videogames, eating, drinking, and sleeping from now until Monday.

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 am

BigZuck wrote:Enjoying the neuroticism on the Facebook group (and the contributions of people ITT to the discussion).

So is it too late for a TLS meetup before orientation? I'm literally just playing videogames, eating, drinking, and sleeping from now until Monday.


Maybe after that thing at el arroyo on Thursday? I don't know if I'm going to it but I'm around

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:58 am

TLS meet up dress code: ponchos and kilts.

BigZuck
Posts: 10873
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 am

shifty_eyed wrote:TLS meet up dress code: ponchos and kilts.


Society shirt optional?

Speaking of which: Has anyone had a group outing with their society yet?

I'm also thinking of maybe going to the thing on Thursday. I missed the big outing at Flying Saucer.

When is wokeupinacar going to throw a party?!? :)

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:05 am

Society tee shirts are always credited.

My mentor group has a meeting scheduled but I don't think it's for the whole society?

Wokeupinacar is now CrashedaUHaul.

Edit: Also seeing the phrase "one dollar margs" is to me like reading "locker rental site now working" is for others.
Last edited by shifty_eyed on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10873
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 am

shifty_eyed wrote:Society tee shirts are always credited.

My mentor group has a meeting scheduled but I don't think it's for the whole society?

Wokeupinacar is now CrashedaUHaul.


Whoops, yeah, I meant mentor group.

Also: Go on...

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:11 am


User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:19 am

I bought two lockers because 1) fuck the police and 2) they let me i guess.

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby WokeUpInACar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:19 am

romanticegotist wrote:I bought two lockers because 1) fuck the police and 2) they let me i guess.

LOL why would you need two lockers?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:20 am

WokeUpInACar wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:I bought two lockers because 1) fuck the police and 2) they let me i guess.

LOL why would you need two lockers?

To store JNCOs for impromptu business casual events

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:23 am

WokeUpInACar wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:I bought two lockers because 1) fuck the police and 2) they let me i guess.

LOL why would you need two lockers?


Well I figured that since my goal is to never bring any of the books home because I'm likely biking to class I'd want space for that. Also I want space for my helmet and maybe for like shit for the gym. If I don't need both I assume I can give one back. I have no idea how big they are

BigZuck
Posts: 10873
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:29 am

romanticegotist wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:I bought two lockers because 1) fuck the police and 2) they let me i guess.

LOL why would you need two lockers?


Well I figured that since my goal is to never bring any of the books home because I'm likely biking to class I'd want space for that. Also I want space for my helmet and maybe for like shit for the gym. If I don't need both I assume I can give one back. I have no idea how big they are


Doubt I'll really use mine so if you ever want to splitsies and get a refund for one of yours just let me know.

Also: LOL at me worrying about 50 bucks considering DAT DEBT

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:34 am

BigZuck wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:I bought two lockers because 1) fuck the police and 2) they let me i guess.

LOL why would you need two lockers?


Well I figured that since my goal is to never bring any of the books home because I'm likely biking to class I'd want space for that. Also I want space for my helmet and maybe for like shit for the gym. If I don't need both I assume I can give one back. I have no idea how big they are


Doubt I'll really use mine so if you ever want to splitsies and get a refund for one of yours just let me know.

Also: LOL at me worrying about 50 bucks considering DAT DEBT


Yeah I'm also doing it because lol Monopoly money

BigZuck
Posts: 10873
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:42 am

So...are we getting our Monopoly money on the 23rd or not? I still haven't received a form to send out a letter.

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:59 am

BigZuck wrote:So...are we getting our Monopoly money on the 23rd or not? I still haven't received a form to send out a letter.


I'm trying not to wig out but I kind of need that

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:05 am

BigZuck wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:TLS meet up dress code: ponchos and kilts.


Society shirt optional?

Speaking of which: Has anyone had a group outing with their society yet?

I'm also thinking of maybe going to the thing on Thursday. I missed the big outing at Flying Saucer.

When is wokeupinacar going to throw a party?!? :)


My small section is meeting Sunday night.

I'm down for something later on after the El Arroyo thing. I wont be attending that because well a fantasy football draft is way more important.

Chaucer1343
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby Chaucer1343 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm finally in Austin. I just got situated in Riverside (yesterday). I feel kind of far from the action. If you all want to do a TLS meet up on Friday night, I'm in. ;P

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Chaucer1343 wrote:I'm finally in Austin. I just got situated in Riverside (yesterday). I feel kind of far from the action. If you all want to do a TLS meet up on Friday night, I'm in. ;P


Hopefully you're not living at the same place that those LLM students got their stuff stolen from!

Chaucer1343
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby Chaucer1343 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 pm

I am not at UE; I heard a lot of bad stories about that particular complex (which kept me away from there).

The burglary of the LLM students' apartment confirms the bad stories. :P

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:46 pm

I lived there when it first opened in undergrad. Place went downhill quick.

User avatar
mg7
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby mg7 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:23 pm

So, which TLSers are going for margs tonight?

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 pm

mg7 wrote:So, which TLSers are going for margs tonight?


I don't think I am. I might put up an announcement for a concert on 6th street tonight though; my friend's band is playing and they actually don't suck so it might be a good way to get some 1Ls drunk.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest