Texas Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby fruitoftheloom » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Anyone here going to the reception for Houston area students on steak & BJ day?


On 2/15? I'm going to that one..

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby WokeUpInACar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Hai gaiz. :)

Sup 8)

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Anyone here going to the reception for Houston area students on steak & BJ day?


On 2/15? I'm going to that one..


Yep. ME TOO :)

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby WokeUpInACar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:21 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Anyone here going to the reception for Houston area students on steak & BJ day?


On 2/15? I'm going to that one..


Yep. ME TOO :)

I guess I'll see you guys there :wink:

User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby fruitoftheloom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Anyone here going to the reception for Houston area students on steak & BJ day?


On 2/15? I'm going to that one..


Yep. ME TOO :)

I guess I'll see you guys there :wink:


Grats on the acceptance! I look just like my avatar, should be easy to find.

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Anyone here going to the reception for Houston area students on steak & BJ day?


On 2/15? I'm going to that one..


Yep. ME TOO :)

I guess I'll see you guys there :wink:


We should come up with a secret handshake or code word so we can know who is a TLSer and who isn't. Like, if someone works the word "supercilious" into a conversation you know he's a TLSer. Or a douche.

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby WokeUpInACar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:04 am

Shifty and I went and had lots of fun. I thought Dean Farnsworth was pretty awesome, and it was cool how friendly all the V&E people were. We were the tallish blonde guy with blue striped tie and the tallish brunette in a skirt suit. How did everyone else like it?

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:48 am

I attended the Dallas event last week. Really enjoyed it. Dean Farnsworth was great and David Montoya from Career Services was really informative as well. Definitely excited to be in Austin in August :)

jordan1007
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby jordan1007 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:39 am

Just got the call friday! 90% sure I'll be there in the fall. Still waiting for a few more decisions, but I'm from Austin so it's been a dream for a long time

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 am

jordan1007 wrote:Just got the call friday! 90% sure I'll be there in the fall. Still waiting for a few more decisions, but I'm from Austin so it's been a dream for a long time


Congrats!!

lcm4f
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby lcm4f » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 pm

How do I check the status of my application? will they email me a username/password? I applied over a week ago

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby WokeUpInACar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 pm

lcm4f wrote:How do I check the status of my application? will they email me a username/password? I applied over a week ago

Hi! You should probably be posting in this thread instead, and it has a lot more traffic anyway. They will email you a username and password for your status checker, but FYI it has been taking many people 3 weeks after applying to receive one.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:30 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:
jordan1007 wrote:Just got the call friday! 90% sure I'll be there in the fall. Still waiting for a few more decisions, but I'm from Austin so it's been a dream for a long time


Congrats!!

:D :D :D

che3055
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby che3055 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:36 pm

.
Last edited by che3055 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 pm

che3055 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:Shifty and I went and had lots of fun. I thought Dean Farnsworth was pretty awesome, and it was cool how friendly all the V&E people were. We were the tallish blonde guy with blue striped tie and the tallish brunette in a skirt suit. How did everyone else like it?


I'm going to NYC reception later this week and was just curious what the dress code was like. Is a suit overdressing or about right?


Suit is the way to go. I've been underdressed at two of these things. Never again.

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:46 pm

che3055 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:Shifty and I went and had lots of fun. I thought Dean Farnsworth was pretty awesome, and it was cool how friendly all the V&E people were. We were the tallish blonde guy with blue striped tie and the tallish brunette in a skirt suit. How did everyone else like it?


I'm going to NYC reception later this week and was just curious what the dress code was like. Is a suit overdressing or about right?


I dont think a suit is overdressing. There was quite a mix from basic business casual to people in suits.

User avatar
smustang
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby smustang » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Do we need to register for ASD? I would assume we do, but I can't find a link for it anywhere/aggressively delete old emails and don't wanna be the asshole with a handwritten name tag or something when I get there haha

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby StylinNProfilin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 pm

smustang wrote:Do we need to register for ASD? I would assume we do, but I can't find a link for it anywhere/aggressively delete old emails and don't wanna be the asshole with a handwritten name tag or something when I get there haha


I got a call a few weeks back about ASD and that information would be coming soon. So I'm guessing they havent sent out information to register yet.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:35 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:
smustang wrote:Do we need to register for ASD? I would assume we do, but I can't find a link for it anywhere/aggressively delete old emails and don't wanna be the asshole with a handwritten name tag or something when I get there haha


I got a call a few weeks back about ASD and that information would be coming soon. So I'm guessing they havent sent out information to register yet.


To quote Dean Ingram from the facebook group, "You are a little premature. The events begin in March and yes, there will be an opportunity to RSVP...closer to March."

:P

User avatar
smustang
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby smustang » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
StylinNProfilin wrote:
smustang wrote:Do we need to register for ASD? I would assume we do, but I can't find a link for it anywhere/aggressively delete old emails and don't wanna be the asshole with a handwritten name tag or something when I get there haha


I got a call a few weeks back about ASD and that information would be coming soon. So I'm guessing they havent sent out information to register yet.


To quote Dean Ingram from the facebook group, "You are a little premature. The events begin in March and yes, there will be an opportunity to RSVP...closer to March."

:P


Gracias. I guess maybe I should actually start looking at what gets posted in that group :oops:

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:35 pm

smustang wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
StylinNProfilin wrote:
smustang wrote:Do we need to register for ASD? I would assume we do, but I can't find a link for it anywhere/aggressively delete old emails and don't wanna be the asshole with a handwritten name tag or something when I get there haha


I got a call a few weeks back about ASD and that information would be coming soon. So I'm guessing they havent sent out information to register yet.


To quote Dean Ingram from the facebook group, "You are a little premature. The events begin in March and yes, there will be an opportunity to RSVP...closer to March."

:P


Gracias. I guess maybe I should actually start looking at what gets posted in that group :oops:


To be fair, she posted this in the comments back in January. I am a little surprised we aren't supposed to RSVP yet as well!

User avatar
rhcp47
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby rhcp47 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:58 am

Is anyone going to the Austin reception they added in March? I'm thinking about going!

User avatar
ajclark1992
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby ajclark1992 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Checkin' in. Will be visiting UT next week during my spring break. Pretty excited for the tour, etc. Any restaurants I should check out while I'm in Austin?

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

ajclark1992 wrote:Checkin' in. Will be visiting UT next week during my spring break. Pretty excited for the tour, etc. Any restaurants I should check out while I'm in Austin?


Just got drunk and hit up the food trucks bro. Chilantro is especially delicious.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:46 pm

ajclark1992 wrote:Checkin' in. Will be visiting UT next week during my spring break. Pretty excited for the tour, etc. Any restaurants I should check out while I'm in Austin?


Just some off the top of my head:
-Torchy's Tacos
-Hopdoddy
-East Side Pies
-24 Diner
-Hyde Park Bar & Grill
-Gourdough's (huge, amazing donuts)
-Amy's Ice Cream




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest