Texas Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Post by BigZuck » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:19 pm

mg7 wrote:So, which TLSers are going for margs tonight?
Contemplating it but leaning toward no. Still in the process of moving and can't find my razor, I don't want to ruin my classmates' first impression of me when they decide that I am more lumberjack than law school student.

Although I must say that if there was ever a city to parade around in with sweet facial hair, it's Austin.

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

I won't be doing el arroyo but I might partake in the band if its late enough.

And orientation reading. F That Noise

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:37 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:I won't be doing el arroyo but I might partake in the band if its late enough.

And orientation reading. F That Noise
Band starts at like 10 at flamingo cantina on 6th. Still not sure if I'm going but it should be fun either way.

And Zuck, go beard or go home; despite the behavior of some of our classmates this is still Austin.

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm

I second that, don't shave it till OCI.

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 pm

You guys going to the El Arroyo thing? I thought it was at like 2-3 but I guess people are heading there later?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mg7

Bronze

Post by mg7 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:37 pm

I third that. Leave the beard for me only bc I cannot grow anything that would look socially acceptable on my pale ass face.

ETA: Yes. I think I'm going to El Arroyo.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 pm

I never got a scholarship donor letter email (the thing you have to fill out to have your scholarship funds released). Anyone else in the same boat?

Stylin, you still waiting for yours?

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 pm

BigZuck wrote:I never got a scholarship donor letter email (the thing you have to fill out to have your scholarship funds released). Anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah I didn't get mine either. I think I'm gonna call the financial aid office in the morning

ajclark1992

Bronze

Post by ajclark1992 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:22 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I never got a scholarship donor letter email (the thing you have to fill out to have your scholarship funds released). Anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah I didn't get mine either. I think I'm gonna call the financial aid office in the morning
I emailed in the morning and they sent mine over. They said about 20% hadn't gone out yet.

By the way, I totally get romanticegotist now. Between TLS and facebook, I was worried that there were going to be at least two funny, on-point people in the 1L class. Now, I know it's just going to be at least one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:35 pm

ajclark1992 wrote:
StylinNProfilin wrote:

I emailed in the morning and they sent mine over. They said about 20% hadn't gone out yet.

By the way, I totally get romanticegotist now. Between TLS and facebook, I was worried that there were going to be at least two funny, on-point people in the 1L class. Now, I know it's just going to be at least one.
Wait is this a compliment or insult? Help me emote properly, Internet friends

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 pm

romanticegotist wrote:
ajclark1992 wrote:
StylinNProfilin wrote:

Wait is this a compliment or insult? Help me emote properly, Internet friends
I think he just connected your Facebook posts to your TLS name.

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Oh haha well that's a shame. Yeah I realized too late that being bored at work and posting in that Facebook group was a bad idea

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:25 pm

I thought it was a compliment but I'm a dumb and a dense so maybe it was a wunderkind style insult that wooshed over my old ass.

And the wunderkind thing is a complimen btwt, aj seems like a smart, good dude. Totally gonna buy him a beer when he's old enough to consume it.

Eta: looks like I was drunk while writing that ^
Last edited by BigZuck on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Did those of you who received a donor letter have Dean Farnsworth's address listed as the place to send the letter?

ajclark1992

Bronze

Post by ajclark1992 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:29 pm

BigZuck wrote:I thought it was a compliment but I'm a dumb and a dense so maybe it was a wunderkind style insult that wooshed over my old ass.

And the wunderkind thing is a complimen btwt, aj seems like a smart, good dude. Totally gonna buy him a beer when he's old enough to consume it.

Eta: looks like I was drunk while writing that ^

:D haha, thanks zuck. wish I was going for those margs.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Did those of you who received a donor letter have Dean Farnsworth's address listed as the place to send the letter?
Scholarships from UT Law are "through" him.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:10 pm

eaper wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Did those of you who received a donor letter have Dean Farnsworth's address listed as the place to send the letter?
So should it not be personally addressed to him? Should it just be a general, "I'm so thankful, here is why I'm cool, thanks again!" thing?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:24 pm

BigZuck wrote:
eaper wrote:
So should it not be personally addressed to him? Should it just be a general, "I'm so thankful, here is why I'm cool, thanks again!" thing?
That's what I did; since he doesn't need us to tell him about or UG and stuff I just talked about some academic stuff I'm interested in

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:08 pm

BigZuck wrote:
eaper wrote:
I addressed mine to him, but I don't think it really matters. And as to romanticegotist: I talked about my undergrad stuff, but mainly to fill up space.

In general, as long as you write something that looks like it took you more than 5 minutes, you're good to go.

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:02 am

I'm starting to think my section (2) is where all the gunners are. Noticeably absent from all meetups so far. And 3 is definitely the alcoholic section.

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:26 am

StylinNProfilin wrote:I'm starting to think my section (2) is where all the gunners are. Noticeably absent from all meetups so far. And 3 is definitely the alcoholic section.
Work Hargrave, Play Hargrave bruh

Also I do recall noting that unfortunate section distribution could result in weird curves and classes made up of gunners

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rhcp47

New

Post by rhcp47 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:58 am

I knew I should have picked up that 'optional' book for Contracts when I had the chance, the bookstore won't have it until Monday or Tuesday, and it's part of the first day homework. WHY AM I ALREADY BEHIND?!

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 pm

rhcp47 wrote:I knew I should have picked up that 'optional' book for Contracts when I had the chance, the bookstore won't have it until Monday or Tuesday, and it's part of the first day homework. WHY AM I ALREADY BEHIND?!
THE STRUGGLE, SHE IS REAL

rhcp47

New

Post by rhcp47 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 pm

No kidding. No use in worrying about it now I guess. Time to beat Splinter Cell before the weekend ends.

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:55 pm

rhcp47 wrote:I knew I should have picked up that 'optional' book for Contracts when I had the chance, the bookstore won't have it until Monday or Tuesday, and it's part of the first day homework. WHY AM I ALREADY BEHIND?!
Yeah this. I got there at 4:30, closed at 4

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”