Penn Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
PennBull

Diamond

Re: Penn Class of 2016

Post by PennBull » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:37 pm

bumblebeetuna wrote:
PennBull wrote:
bumblebeetuna wrote:Well, as per occurrences happening this past Saturday, I'll be the guy walking around with the surgical boot, haha. Come say hi!

I might need some help getting on the yacht since I'll probably still be on crutches, :P
I know that feel, I did all my OCI callbacks on crutches haha

I know from firsthand experience that Penn Law is handicap accessible. Make sure to sign up for the the Handivan! Just Google Penn Accessible Transit. They'll provide essentially a personal private taxi as long as you're hurt. Won't go past 20th Street though.
Very happy to hear that, sounds great. Thanks for the heads up.

So you powered through on the callbacks eh? Nice. Not a bad conversation starter im guessing.
Had to cancel a callback that required a flight to Milwaukee but it was pretty easy for the most part.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Nickg415 wrote:Just sent in the checks for Orientation week. Between Penn LAWn games and the Yacht club outing it sounds like we will be getting our fair share of lawn games next week . Anyone play/heard of Spikeball? I'm thinking of bringing a set.
Spikeball seems really aggressive haha

I'm gonna see if we can get a game of KanJam going

treybien

New

Post by treybien » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:21 am

Has anyone picked up books for the fall semester? Are you buying from bookstore or elsewhere? I can't find a list of what is needed beyond Legal Practice Skills...thanks!

Uncle Lou

Bronze

Post by Uncle Lou » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 am

treybien wrote:Has anyone picked up books for the fall semester? Are you buying from bookstore or elsewhere? I can't find a list of what is needed beyond Legal Practice Skills...thanks!
We don't have sections or book lists yet, so no.

syd625

Bronze

Post by syd625 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi, everyone. I was just admitted to Penn and am frantically searching for housing. Does anyone have recommendations for places that are nearby that may still have spots available? Or does anyone know of someone looking to break a lease, etc? Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bumblebeetuna

New

Post by bumblebeetuna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Oooo boy. Very frustrating.

So a few weeks ago I had my health insurance waiver denied by Penn for a reason that was inaccurate. Then, in calling Aetna to fill out my verification form, the Aetna representative claims that she cannot sign the verification form because my plan does not in fact cover "drug or alcohol counseling/treatment" on its own. I could only get drug or alcohol treatment as the result of a claim filed for a biologically based mental or nervous disorder.

Then I ask her how much it would cost to update my plan, to which she replies that they do not offer plans like that in the state of Pennsylvania. WTF.

Has anyone figured out a way to get around these draconian requirements?
Last edited by bumblebeetuna on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dsn32

Bronze

Post by dsn32 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:12 pm

syd625 wrote:Hi, everyone. I was just admitted to Penn and am frantically searching for housing. Does anyone have recommendations for places that are nearby that may still have spots available? Or does anyone know of someone looking to break a lease, etc? Thanks!
I know that my landlord, UCA still has apartments available if you're okay with living in University City. They are difficult to get a hold of unless you physically ambush their office, but the website is here http://www.universitycityassociates.com/

bumblebeetuna

New

Post by bumblebeetuna » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Disregard above post by me. The wifey says we'll just suck it up and pay for Penn's insurance. Ah well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”