NYU Law Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby clouded.memory » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:49 pm

ph5354a wrote:Who's going to April 4-5 ASW? TLS meet up?

I'll be going! It would be nice to meet some other TLSers.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 am

clouded.memory wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Who's going to April 4-5 ASW? TLS meet up?

I'll be going! It would be nice to meet some other TLSers.


Agreed! No idea how to arrange that though. Meet up at a certain bar Thursday night? Wear a certain color? Secret insignia on our forearm? How did they do this for the March ASW?

User avatar
dolfan17
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby dolfan17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 am

Got an award of $0.00. Who would I email to try and negotiate, admissions or financial aid?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:29 am

dolfan17 wrote:Got an award of $0.00. Who would I email to try and negotiate, admissions or financial aid?


Email financial aid and let them know you'd like to file an appeal. They will send you a link to the faaps and will add a "My Appeal" section where you can write a statement and upload documents. Good luck!

User avatar
dolfan17
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby dolfan17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby porch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Sorry but ive been reading through this thread and its long and i'm hungover from celebrating getting accepted yesterday but, if we're getting any sort of scholarship when would we find out? or have i missed the boat?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:09 pm

porch wrote:Sorry but ive been reading through this thread and its long and i'm hungover from celebrating getting accepted yesterday but, if we're getting any sort of scholarship when would we find out? or have i missed the boat?


They've been releasing them in batches starting back in February, I believe. Assuming you've submitted Need Access and FAFSA, you should find out in a few weeks. You can also check your status here, although this site hasn't been hugely helpful thus far because people tend to go to "final stages" pretty quickly, then stay there for a while.

Congrats!!!

https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby porch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:40 pm

ph5354a wrote:
porch wrote:Sorry but ive been reading through this thread and its long and i'm hungover from celebrating getting accepted yesterday but, if we're getting any sort of scholarship when would we find out? or have i missed the boat?


They've been releasing them in batches starting back in February, I believe. Assuming you've submitted Need Access and FAFSA, you should find out in a few weeks. You can also check your status here, although this site hasn't been hugely helpful thus far because people tend to go to "final stages" pretty quickly, then stay there for a while.

Congrats!!!

https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html


Thank you :D

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm

ph5354a wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Who's going to April 4-5 ASW? TLS meet up?

I'll be going! It would be nice to meet some other TLSers.


Agreed! No idea how to arrange that though. Meet up at a certain bar Thursday night? Wear a certain color? Secret insignia on our forearm? How did they do this for the March ASW?


I'm ridiculously excited about ASW next week and no one is indulging me.

When are we all arriving to the village? Thursday morning via megabus for me!

User avatar
maggielizer
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby maggielizer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm

ph5354a wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Who's going to April 4-5 ASW? TLS meet up?

I'll be going! It would be nice to meet some other TLSers.


Agreed! No idea how to arrange that though. Meet up at a certain bar Thursday night? Wear a certain color? Secret insignia on our forearm? How did they do this for the March ASW?


I'm ridiculously excited about ASW next week and no one is indulging me.

When are we all arriving to the village? Thursday morning via megabus for me!


I'd indulge you if I were going this week, but I'm going to the end of April ASW. Anybody else planning on that one?

voytek
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby voytek » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:15 pm

ph5354a wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Who's going to April 4-5 ASW? TLS meet up?

I'll be going! It would be nice to meet some other TLSers.


Agreed! No idea how to arrange that though. Meet up at a certain bar Thursday night? Wear a certain color? Secret insignia on our forearm? How did they do this for the March ASW?


I'm ridiculously excited about ASW next week and no one is indulging me.

When are we all arriving to the village? Thursday morning via megabus for me!


I'll indulge. I'm stoked for next week too! I say we all get TLS tats so we can spot each other quickly. Mine will be a sponge-on tattoo.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:21 pm

voytek wrote:I'll indulge. I'm stoked for next week too! I say we all get TLS tats so we can spot each other quickly. Mine will be a sponge-on tattoo.


Finally! Okay, it's decided, we'll all get TLS tattoos.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby porch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:34 pm

maggielizer wrote:
I'd indulge you if I were going this week, but I'm going to the end of April ASW. Anybody else planning on that one?


I'll be at that one!

But I'm going to campus tomorrow to take a tour and sit in on a class.

User avatar
clouded.memory
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby clouded.memory » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:20 pm

ph5354a wrote:
voytek wrote:I'll indulge. I'm stoked for next week too! I say we all get TLS tats so we can spot each other quickly. Mine will be a sponge-on tattoo.


Finally! Okay, it's decided, we'll all get TLS tattoos.

Haha. Alright, temporary tattoo it is. I'm actually coming in on the 3rd to visit Columbia first, and then heading down to the Village the next day.

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby risa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:36 pm

clouded.memory wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
voytek wrote:I'll indulge. I'm stoked for next week too! I say we all get TLS tats so we can spot each other quickly. Mine will be a sponge-on tattoo.


Finally! Okay, it's decided, we'll all get TLS tattoos.

Haha. Alright, temporary tattoo it is. I'm actually coming in on the 3rd to visit Columbia first, and then heading down to the Village the next day.

Tattoos of our avatars?

I'll be there!

voytek
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby voytek » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Tars are fine. Also some TLS meme word, like 'retake' or 'droves,' is acceptable.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 pm

voytek wrote:Tars are fine. Also some TLS meme word, like 'retake' or 'droves,' is acceptable.


DROVES

will never not be funny. Will also be written on my body during ASW.

beautyistruth
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 am

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby beautyistruth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:49 am

Welp, just sent off my financial aid appeal.

Is anybody here considering attending NYU at sticker? Can we hold each other and have a prayer circle? :P

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby labellavita688 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 am

Just admitted yesterday. Still not over it.

I was 100% certain that a) I was going to get WL here and b) I was going to attend Michigan, which was my first choice during apps (and I thought *that* was a reach, never mind NYU).

Now I'm totally reconsidering. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Also, anyone been to an ASW yet?

ETA: I imagine I already know the answer to this, but....does the school do any sort of reimbursement at all for ASW? I can't find any info on the site, which doesn't bode well...Any hotel deals, at least?

User avatar
Anciano
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby Anciano » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 am

labellavita688 wrote:Just admitted yesterday. Still not over it.

I was 100% certain that a) I was going to get WL here and b) I was going to attend Michigan, which was my first choice during apps (and I thought *that* was a reach, never mind NYU).

Now I'm totally reconsidering. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Also, anyone been to an ASW yet?

ETA: I imagine I already know the answer to this, but....does the school do any sort of reimbursement at all for ASW? I can't find any info on the site, which doesn't bode well...Any hotel deals, at least?


Congrats! Unfortunately NYU doesn't reimburse or offer hotel deals for ASW. Traveling to New York isn't horribly expensive, but hotels can be. I was lucky enough to be able to stay with my cousins when I visited last year, and I think a lot of people crash with friends for a few nights if possible. If you can come, I'd strongly recommend it. I liked all the ASWs I went to, but NYU was my favorite, and the experience was a pretty big factor in my decision.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 am

Submitted need access on Feb 12 and STILL haven't heard anything re scholarship. No movement on the website either.

I'm really fucking pissed. They have ignored my emails and not returned my phone calls.

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby Big Dog » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:16 am

Is anybody here considering attending NYU at sticker?


Not a chance (for me).

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby porch » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:24 am

beautyistruth wrote:Welp, just sent off my financial aid appeal.

Is anybody here considering attending NYU at sticker? Can we hold each other and have a prayer circle? :P


I am. Eek.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 am

ph5354a wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
clouded.memory wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Who's going to April 4-5 ASW? TLS meet up?

I'll be going! It would be nice to meet some other TLSers.


Agreed! No idea how to arrange that though. Meet up at a certain bar Thursday night? Wear a certain color? Secret insignia on our forearm? How did they do this for the March ASW?


I'm ridiculously excited about ASW next week and no one is indulging me.

When are we all arriving to the village? Thursday morning via megabus for me!

are you going to the lunch on Thursday?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 am

porch wrote:
maggielizer wrote:
I'd indulge you if I were going this week, but I'm going to the end of April ASW. Anybody else planning on that one?


I'll be at that one!

But I'm going to campus tomorrow to take a tour and sit in on a class.

what class?




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest