NYU Law Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Wondering out loud when the next wave of financial aid packages will go out. Last one was last Friday I think. My application is in the "final stages of review" so maybe another wave this Friday?

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby Volforlife » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:41 pm

ph5354a wrote:Wondering out loud when the next wave of financial aid packages will go out. Last one was last Friday I think. My application is in the "final stages of review" so maybe another wave this Friday?


I hope so!

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Volforlife wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Wondering out loud when the next wave of financial aid packages will go out. Last one was last Friday I think. My application is in the "final stages of review" so maybe another wave this Friday?


I hope so!


FAAPS has me at final stages of review as of 2/4. Anybody else with me? With this date I figured I would've heard something last week.

https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html

beautyistruth
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 am

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby beautyistruth » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm

How long did it take them to move you to "final stages of review"? They put me there literally the day I submitted my app. I wonder if they just de facto move everybody's apps to that stage and then takes their time to review each app?

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby banjo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 pm

I was in the final stage like a week ago. It can take up to three weeks from that date (though I do acknowledge some have gotten offers very quickly)

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am

banjo wrote:I was in the final stage like a week ago. It can take up to three weeks from that date (though I do acknowledge some have gotten offers very quickly)


Yeah, now that I look at it, the "final stages" thing probably doesn't mean much. Here's to another wave this week!

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby shakespeare » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 am

I'm in the "final stages of review" as well, but I need to NOT be, as I am sending a follow-up Need Access. Needed to have sent my parents' info to be considered for a named scholarship.

Been emailing them for the past two days...no response.

Gr. Frustrated.

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby dcg2120 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:33 am

shakespeare wrote:I'm in the "final stages of review" as well, but I need to NOT be, as I am sending a follow-up Need Access. Needed to have sent my parents' info to be considered for a named scholarship.

Been emailing them for the past two days...no response.

Gr. Frustrated.

You should call. I had a question on the Need Access form and called, and they forwarded me directly to my financial aid advisor (I didn't even know I had one of those yet).

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby andreskicdo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Has anybody heard back from Jacobson or AnBryce? :|

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm

andreskicdo wrote:Has anybody heard back from Jacobson or AnBryce? :|


still waiting on jacobson interviews. is it a full ride btw?

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby bbsg » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Any word on what percentage of IILJ finalists end up getting it..?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:14 pm

bbsg wrote:Any word on what percentage of IILJ finalists end up getting it..?


It's hard to get data on how many people apply, but last year there were 6 1L scholars. So far we've heard of 3 finalists, but it's impossible to know how many non-TLS people are out there (what are they doing with their lives??), so I don't know much, but based on how little we've heard of IILJ applicants in this and c/o 2015 thread, I'd say the odds are in your favor once you're a finalist.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby Audeamus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:18 pm

have any RTK interview invites gone out?

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby bluecouch » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Checking in. Admitted 1/4. I was wondering where this thread was...

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:15 pm

bluecouch wrote:Checking in. Admitted 1/4. I was wondering where this thread was...


Welcome to the thread in which I, along with others, obsess about the status of the named scholarships.

sorry guys

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby bluecouch » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:18 pm

ph5354a wrote:
bluecouch wrote:Checking in. Admitted 1/4. I was wondering where this thread was...


Welcome to the thread in which I, along with others, obsess about the status of the named scholarships.

sorry guys


Sweet. Sounds like my kind of place. Speaking of... anyone hear anything about any of the named scholarships? I figure it will be a while, but here's for hoping sooner rather than later!
Last edited by bluecouch on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:14 pm

FYI, since I was emailing with financial aid anyways, I decided to ask them when I could expect to hear about IILJ and they said finalists with be notified "within the next few weeks." Not sure if that applies to any other named scholarships.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 pm

safe to say we wont hear about dean schollys until these named decisions are made?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:20 pm

az21833 wrote:safe to say we wont hear about dean schollys until these named decisions are made?


Yup, I'd say so. Sounds like, based on last year, if you're not in the running to be a finalist, you'd hear about dean's scholarships earlier. If you are, they wait until that final decision is made.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:41 pm

part of me wishes i didnt even apply for the named scholly at this point, seeing the $$$ being thrown at some kids

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:45 pm

az21833 wrote:part of me wishes i didnt even apply for the named scholly at this point, seeing the $$$ being thrown at some kids


My thoughts exactly. I would much rather know something right now and be able to start negotiating and/or accepting reality than having it drawn out. Oh well, I'm sure being a named finalist is worth the wait.

believe77
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:47 am

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby believe77 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Hello! Just got accepted today :)
Checking in!

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby dcg2120 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 pm

believe77 wrote:Hello! Just got accepted today :)
Checking in!

Congrats!

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby risa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi guys! After a stressful scare this morning due to a DLS-notification-but-inability-to-log-into-ASW ... I got the call! I'm very excited! Now to wait for word on RTK and Bickel & Brewer, though I'm not holding my breath at all. I'm just thrilled to be in!

Did anyone else have trouble logging into the ASW? I keep hoping it'll just start working so I don't have to bug admissions... I am anxious to take a peek at the financial aid application requirements, though, so I can get those taken care of ASAP.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU Law Class of 2016

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm

risa wrote:Hi guys! After a stressful scare this morning due to a DLS-notification-but-inability-to-log-into-ASW ... I got the call! I'm very excited! Now to wait for word on RTK and Bickel & Brewer, though I'm not holding my breath at all. I'm just thrilled to be in!

Did anyone else have trouble logging into the ASW? I keep hoping it'll just start working so I don't have to bug admissions... I am anxious to take a peek at the financial aid application requirements, though, so I can get those taken care of ASAP.


Congrats again! Some people reported not being able to log into ASW until the next day, so maybe wait until tomorrow and then ask admissions about it. For financial aid, they only require FAFSA and Need Access (same form as a lot of other schools require).




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest