Michigan Law Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)

Which ASW will you be attending?

March 21-23
32
46%
April 4-6
17
24%
Both (Is this an option?)
0
No votes
Neither
21
30%
 
Total votes: 70

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby dsn32 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:53 pm

zoidberg86 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:I still think we should go out tonight for a little hit just because there's so much goin on tomorrow night with student groups? Do both? Idk idk


I'm in for tonight.

Can anyone pm where everyone is? Just realized I don't have a schedule and there's nobody at the admissions office.


Everyone is at the UMMA building on State Street until 7ish. I'm out for the night for a campus commitment, but hope to meet more of y'all tomorrow!

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby VeeD101 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 pm

foosbol21 wrote:
Darienk wrote:Anyone attending the April 4th ASW?


I'll be there!

Starting to get a little jealous of all the March people as I'm stuck here at work...

We'll have to do a similar meetup then in April :D


oh my gosh, me too! I really wish I was there, I'm so jealous of everyone who got to go this weekend! We have to be this enthusiastic in April as well!

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 am

So where/when are we all meeting up tonight?

WhatOurBodiesAreFor
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:01 am

Have fun at the ASW guys! I'll be there for the next one.

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby labellavita688 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:02 am

guinness1547 wrote:So where/when are we all meeting up tonight?


State street entrance to Hutchins, 9 pm work for everybody? Inside, if it's snowing? I can post shirt color once I get dressed for the day :P

ETA: green!

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby dsn32 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:28 pm

labellavita688 wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:So where/when are we all meeting up tonight?


State street entrance to Hutchins, 9 pm work for everybody? Inside, if it's snowing? I can post shirt color once I get dressed for the day :P

ETA: green!


Is this still going down/let's meet up and go to the Blue Lep for the Law School event tonight at 9pm?

SSarter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby SSarter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Whats happening at the blu lep?

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby dsn32 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:46 pm

SSarter wrote:Whats happening at the blu lep?


It says bar night on the schedule... sponsored by Student Senate I think.

SSarter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby SSarter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:19 pm

I have a list of sublets organized by distance from the Law School.. let me know if you want it..

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby whirledpeas86 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Hope you all are having an awesome time at the ASW!

If anyone needs a sublet for the summer, PM me! I'll be subletting a fully furnished room in a house literally a block away from the law school. It's normally $700, but I'll cut you a deal, including all utilities, internet, free laundry in the apartment, maid once a week, PARKING in a lot right next to the house, a sweet ass porch for grilling/hanging in the summer, and I'm pretty sure the landlord will allow pets. House was completely gutted and redone last summer, so all appliances etc. are new. Granite countertops, two fridges, high tech microwave that sings, wood floors. All of the other housemates are grad students and they're all chill and sociable folks. Move in/move out dates SUPER flexible. I'll even include supplements and outlines in the deal! PM me if you're interested in hearing more!

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby labellavita688 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Anybody here?? At the blue leprechaun?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby 04102014 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:39 pm

So what did everyone think of ASW?

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby labellavita688 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:So what did everyone think of ASW?


I had a fantastic time! And now I'm even more excited about starting school!

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for our class yet? I couldn't find one...

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby oaken » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:35 pm

labellavita688 wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:So what did everyone think of ASW?


I had a fantastic time! And now I'm even more excited about starting school!

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for our class yet? I couldn't find one...


https://www.facebook.com/groups/345521602222288/

but you should probably turn off notifications for it as there's ~1 sublet post per day

User avatar
zoidberg86
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby zoidberg86 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:29 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:So what did everyone think of ASW?


Loved it. Set on attending now. Such a great weekend.

If you are thinking about the April ASW, You should go. They did a fantastic job.

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby labellavita688 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Any probable-LC residents started looking for parking options?

The student permit system/commuter lot seems to be the best option for someone like me (probably only use my car every few weeks to go visit my boyfriend), but I've been paging through the current-students-taking-questions thread and I'm really confused about which ones let you do "storage" parking? And the proration schedule makes my head hurt...are these literally the prices you pay every two weeks? (http://pts.umich.edu/permit_parking/ann ... tudent.pdf) I can't find the annual fee numbers anywhere...

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby oaken » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Call various big campus leasing companies and ask if they rent out parking spaces. Most do and it'd be a lot cheaper and just as (in)convenient if you only use your car every few weeks. They're probably all uncovered tho

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby megagnarley » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 pm

I. Love. Michigan.

And before ASW I didn't even see myself going there.

deffoe
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby deffoe » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 pm

what u said.

megagnarley wrote:I. Love. Michigan.

And before ASW I didn't even see myself going there.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby megagnarley » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Will someone help me justify the price of Lawyers Club?

I want to live there but 13 grand is steeeeeeeeeep.

Plus no breakfast. Plus you'll want to eat out other places sometimes.

So that puts room and board at around 15k which for A2 seems like too much.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby curious66 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm

megagnarley wrote:Will someone help me justify the price of Lawyers Club?

I want to live there but 13 grand is steeeeeeeeeep.

Plus no breakfast. Plus you'll want to eat out other places sometimes.
So that puts room and board at around 15k which for A2 seems like too much.


Factor in the fact that other "normal" rentals will be for 12 months, and if you don't find a sublet, you will be stuck with the rent -- just a thought. Where did you see no breakfast? That would be a bummer -- I missed that very important fact if that is true in my readings.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:46 pm

curious66 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:Will someone help me justify the price of Lawyers Club?

I want to live there but 13 grand is steeeeeeeeeep.

Plus no breakfast. Plus you'll want to eat out other places sometimes.
So that puts room and board at around 15k which for A2 seems like too much.


Factor in the fact that other "normal" rentals will be for 12 months, and if you don't find a sublet, you will be stuck with the rent -- just a thought. Where did you see no breakfast? That would be a bummer -- I missed that very important fact if that is true in my readings.


Pretty sure it's only lunch and dinner and only for Monday through Saturday.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby curious66 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
curious66 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:Will someone help me justify the price of Lawyers Club?

I want to live there but 13 grand is steeeeeeeeeep.

Plus no breakfast. Plus you'll want to eat out other places sometimes.
So that puts room and board at around 15k which for A2 seems like too much.


Factor in the fact that other "normal" rentals will be for 12 months, and if you don't find a sublet, you will be stuck with the rent -- just a thought. Where did you see no breakfast? That would be a bummer -- I missed that very important fact if that is true in my readings.


Pretty sure it's only lunch and dinner and only for Monday through Saturday.


Yeah.. I just checked also.. no breakfast; "Weekly menus and service times are posted outside the Club’s dining hall. Meals are served at lunch and dinner daily, except Saturday, when there is no evening meal". But there is a fridge and microwave in the room, so, guess breakfast is manageable or just eat at the cafe before class or something.

jackbauer10
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby jackbauer10 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Anybody looked into the logistics of moving yet? I'm moving with the wifey and even if we sell our big stuff (couch/table/chairs/dressers) we're still going to have too many boxes of books/clothes/kitchen stuff to fit in the car. Pods and moving trucks seem outrageously priced . . . .

qwertyboard
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2016

Postby qwertyboard » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm

I plan on living in the LC because it could make a difference. Even if it costs me overall 5k more to live at the school than off campus think about it... it's just 5k! It's not a substantial amount of money compared to what you will spend during LS anyway. I won't have to deal with any landlord, broken stuff, undergrad neighbors, cleaning, snow removal, majority of meals, walking in the frigid cold, etc. I feel like living in the LC helps eliminate some of the variables that could make a difference in my academic performance during 1l.

I still think LC is overcharging us a bit but not by that much. You can't compare LC facilities with the average $800 a month apartment couple of blocks away that seriously needs refurbishing. I visited about 20 apartments and most of them looked trashed.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest