Columbia Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
rmorris87

Re: Columbia Class of 2016

Postby rmorris87 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Bob-Loblaw 1 wrote:
Tekrul wrote:LawNet still not up for me =(

I guess I'll find out what happens to my uni when I can login and set up my email account.

Did you just recently get accepted?

Don't tell me this is rob d.

Bob-Loblaw 1

Postby Bob-Loblaw 1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:25 pm

rmorris87 wrote:
Bob-Loblaw 1 wrote:

I guess I'll find out what happens to my uni when I can login and set up my email account.

Don't tell me this is rob d.

?

rmorris87

Postby rmorris87 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:34 pm

rob d....u.... yes/no?

Bob-Loblaw 1

Postby Bob-Loblaw 1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:35 pm

rmorris87 wrote:rob d....u.... yes/no?

Nope haha

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:24 pm

I just noticed my status date was updated to today from 4/29 but I'm still on approved. Status checkers will haunt my life forever it seems.

francesfarmer

Re: Re:

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Tekrul wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
Tekrul wrote:Hillpeople milk for everyone!

LOVE YOU

:D

So rewinding back to the day y'all were admitted - how did you guys receive your uni's and University ID's? Also, if there are any Columbia UG peeps, did you guys just have your old uni's rolled over to the law school?

I asked about the uni roll over thing in this thread before and no one had an answer. I really want to keep my same uni! I use it for everything.

I guess I could beg CUIT to let me keep it...

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Bob-Loblaw 1 wrote:

yus

And yus! I want to keep my old uni. If I have to keep logging into an additional email address by way of external web portal for the same gmail-lionmail interface without the ability to delegate said email address to my primary account on top of the current uni address I have now.... Plus, continuity and attachment, this is MY UNI AND I WANNA KEEP IT

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Word, my uni is like part of my identity. Are you CC? Are you just graduating?

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 pm

CC '13, graduated in '12. In fact, do you or anyone know what happens to my Class of since I graduated early? When I came to Columbia, all of us freshmen walking around were all identified as Class of '13. I'd like to think I still am, but my degree says '12. Having multiple identity crises here!

Edit: how about you? what year/school?

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Tekrul wrote:CC '13, graduated in '12. In fact, do you or anyone know what happens to my Class of since I graduated early? When I came to Columbia, all of us freshmen walking around were all identified as Class of '13. I'd like to think I still am, but my degree says '12. Having multiple identity crises here!

I started class of 2010, but I graduated class of 2009! Most of my friends are '09 so I heavily identify with '09 as opposed to '10.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 pm

I guess if I were identify to class of closest peeps I'd be Class of '10. Met all my friends Fall of '09, all were seniors, all left in Spring of '10 a few months later.

I guess we didn't overlap at all. You were gone in the Spring of '09 and I came that Fall.

Well, in the case that CLS doesn't recognize the continued use of our old uni's, you and I will lead the campus revolt. I have a fraternity brother just graduated '13 also coming to CLS that we can conscript as well.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Tekrul wrote:I guess if I were identify to class of closest peeps I'd be Class of '10. Met all my friends Fall of '09, all were seniors, all left in Spring of '10 a few months later.

I guess we didn't overlap at all. You were gone in the Spring of '09 and I came that Fall.

Well, in the case that CLS doesn't recognize the continued use of our old uni's, you and I will lead the campus revolt. I have a fraternity brother just graduated '13 also coming to CLS that we can conscript as well.

I'm down, can we also play beer pong? (I'm not a lady-bro, I promise.)

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:41 pm

I remember playing flip cup with a few fellows from Columbia Law School at the Pourhouse last year. Summarily cleaned the gentlemen off the table with nary a missed shot and proceeded to sit and sip my drink on the sideline, seething with hidden jealousy of their status as CLS students.

They insisted on a rematch, espousing their fearlessness, but I had already retired from the game.

But I'll play a game with you :D

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:17 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
Tekrul wrote:I guess if I were identify to class of closest peeps I'd be Class of '10. Met all my friends Fall of '09, all were seniors, all left in Spring of '10 a few months later.

yo i gotta get in on this. a little rusty since graduation, but i bet i can still catch fire at least once a game. hope you guys play pull cup tho

when my GF is at work, i'll make sure the dining table converts easily for bp.. if the old table from my college suite fits into the uhaul

djwjddl

Postby djwjddl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm almost positive I addressed this on here, but you do keep your same Uni

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm

djwjddl wrote:I'm almost positive I addressed this on here, but you do keep your same Uni

Ahhhh awesome thank you!!!

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:32 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:

yo i gotta get in on this. a little rusty since graduation, but i bet i can still catch fire at least once a game. hope you guys play pull cup tho

when my GF is at work, i'll make sure the dining table converts easily for bp.. if the old table from my college suite fits into the uhaul

You're invited. And to be clear, I am not good at beer pong, I just like talking smack and getting drunk.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:48 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:

You're invited. And to be clear, I am not good at beer pong, I just like talking smack and getting drunk.

+1 to every part of this. Who's got the best place?

I had the misfortune of being a pong lover at a school that had very little interest in such plebeian activities, so here's hoping to make up for that during those three weeks of ungraded LRW.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:48 pm

jbagelboy wrote:yo i gotta get in on this. a little rusty since graduation, but i bet i can still catch fire at least once a game.

francesfarmer wrote:You're invited. And to be clear, I am not good at beer pong, I just like talking smack and getting drunk.

I'm ready to call teams now :lol:

djwjddl wrote:I'm almost positive I addressed this on here, but you do keep your same Uni

sweet, thanks

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:05 am

FINALLY got housing this morning!! It's not a studio or in any of the buildings I wanted, but I don't even care anymore. 3 bedroom in 535 W. 111th. It looks like one of the bedrooms isn't assigned yet, so maybe I'll have some extra space.

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 am

ph5354a wrote:FINALLY got housing this morning!! It's not a studio or in any of the buildings I wanted, but I don't even care anymore. 3 bedroom in 535 W. 111th. It looks like one of the bedrooms isn't assigned yet, so maybe I'll have some extra space.

Exact same situation for me! Same building and the third bedroom is still unassigned. I also have the smallest room, but rent is under $1000 so I guess I can't complain.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:41 am

starrydreamz3 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:FINALLY got housing this morning!! It's not a studio or in any of the buildings I wanted, but I don't even care anymore. 3 bedroom in 535 W. 111th. It looks like one of the bedrooms isn't assigned yet, so maybe I'll have some extra space.

Exact same situation for me! Same building and the third bedroom is still unassigned. I also have the smallest room, but rent is under $1000 so I guess I can't complain.

Yeah, my rent is just $1000 utilities included, so I'm pretty pleased.

On the floor plan, it looks like my room doesn't have a closet though which is going to be a problem.

joiedevivre18

Postby joiedevivre18 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm

ph5354a wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

On the floor plan, it looks like my room doesn't have a closet though which is going to be a problem.

I had that problem living in New York before and bought a hanging rack and some dressers. Some friends were more creative and "made" closets out of plumbing pipes / curtain rods, etc. You definitely have a lot of options! :)

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:42 pm

ph5354a wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

My roommate said that our building doesn't have a doorman unfortunately, but it does have a (pretty old) elevator and laundry. Coming from a luxury apartment skyrise downtown I have a feeling these post war buildings are going to be a bit of a shock to me.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
My roommate said that our building doesn't have a doorman unfortunately, but it does have a (pretty old) elevator and laundry. Coming from a luxury apartment skyrise downtown I have a feeling these post war buildings are going to be a bit of a shock to me.

I completely missed the fact that we're in the same building haha! Yeah my roommate lives there already and she said the same thing. The elevator is pretty small but she said you'd be amazed at the things people squeeze in there. What floor are you on? I'll be in the third floor with my dog! I'm just excited that I'm on a low enough floor that I won't have to rely on the elevator. I'm also excited to use the fire escape as a balcony Friends-style.

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”