Columbia Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
Aussiebum

Re: Columbia Class of 2016

Postby Aussiebum » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:43 pm

cws277 wrote:On a sightly unrelated point, CLS really needs to step up their PR game. NYU tweeted today congratulating (NYU LLM alum) David Boies on the Prop 8 case, but there's absolute silence from the Columbia twitter account congratulating either of the two CLS alums who represented Edie Windsor before the Supreme Court (SG Verilli and Roberta Kaplan from Paul Weiss). C'mon CLS.

Maybe these things only bother me.

+1000

Sgt Pepper

Postby Sgt Pepper » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Cosmopolitanist wrote:Aight I'm kicking it over at lionsgate. Move-in day is like the 12th of august.

Who wants to be my BFF?

Moving in August 9th, I'm down.
Also, are you from California?

kakistocracy

Postby kakistocracy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Anyone else get an email just now saying the Dean's Certification hasn't been received? I'm pretty sure I sent it in May, so I'm bewildered. It's just from schools that you were "matriculating toward a degree", right? So that doesn't include community college if I didn't register a major?

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:59 pm

kakistocracy wrote:Anyone else get an email just now saying the Dean's Certification hasn't been received? I'm pretty sure I sent it in May, so I'm bewildered. It's just from schools that you were "matriculating toward a degree", right? So that doesn't include community college if I didn't register a major?

Yeah that's correct --if you had registered towards a degree, even if you didn't receive a degree, they need the form. For me this meant I need to send one for a few grad courses I took, but I doubt they need one for the community college. I emailed them to ask about my grad courses and they got back to me pretty quickly so I'd just ask them.

kakistocracy

Postby kakistocracy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:05 pm

ph5354a wrote:
kakistocracy wrote:Anyone else get an email just now saying the Dean's Certification hasn't been received? I'm pretty sure I sent it in May, so I'm bewildered. It's just from schools that you were "matriculating toward a degree", right? So that doesn't include community college if I didn't register a major?

Yeah that's correct --if you had registered towards a degree, even if you didn't receive a degree, they need the form. For me this meant I need to send one for a few grad courses I took, but I doubt they need one for the community college. I emailed them to ask about my grad courses and they got back to me pretty quickly so I'd just ask them.

Yeah, I only have the one UG degree, so I thought I had it covered. I shot them back an email so I'll see what they say. Thanks.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:47 pm

ph5354a wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
I'm sure we'll find out who is actually commenting soon enough

For the record, I've commented on the DOMA thread, but not on yesterday's (that was a little too intense for me) and I am UNASHAMED. I know other TLSers commented too :D

At this point, it couldn't be that difficult to figure out who's who if you really wanted to, at least for those on the Facebook group.

You can't hide from me forever, TLS. I know you've been posting in that group. Eventually you WILL have to meet me in person.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

For the record, I've commented on the DOMA thread, but not on yesterday's (that was a little too intense for me) and I am UNASHAMED. I know other TLSers commented too :D

At this point, it couldn't be that difficult to figure out who's who if you really wanted to, at least for those on the Facebook group.

You can't hide from me forever, TLS. I know you've been posting in that group. Eventually you WILL have to meet me in person.

Lol. Yea I kinda think I know who you are Mono. :)

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:26 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Lol. Yea I kinda think I know who you are Mono. :)

Tempted to change my profile picture to "jbagelboy sux cox n dix" just to screw with you.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:29 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Lol. Yea I kinda think I know who you are Mono. :)

Tempted to change my profile picture to "jbagelboy sux cox n dix" just to screw with you.

lololol do it

ETA: actually, that's rather embarassing for both of us.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Tempted to change my profile picture to "jbagelboy sux cox n dix" just to screw with you.

Do it.

Me and ph are both outed too, but at least y'all motherfuckers don't know what I look like yet.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:38 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Tempted to change my profile picture to "jbagelboy sux cox n dix" just to screw with you.

Do it.

Me and ph are both outed too, but at least y'all motherfuckers don't know what I look like yet.

I have zero clue who you are, but it took all of ten seconds to figure out who ph is.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:

Do it.

I have zero clue who you are, but it took all of ten seconds to figure out who ph is.

:lol:

Was it my debilitating need to seek the approval of all those around me?

untar614

Postby untar614 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:03 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:

Do it.

Really? I have no idea who anyone is, not that I've tried that hard. I figured we'll all meet up mid august and figure it out anyway. It's probably not hard to figure out who I am if you wanted to take the time to sift through my posts.

edit: nevermind, I figured out who ph is. That was actually really easy.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Am I still an enigma? I didn't post in the FB forum.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Tekrul wrote:Am I still an enigma? I didn't post in the FB forum.

Tekrul's gonna be that one guy who pretends he's never heard of TLS.

I predict he eventually reveals himself once I invite him to my not-yet-existent apartment for beerz.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

Posts = 484

Posts = 421

Guys, we're so close. Let's get CLS some banners. Junk posts = commence.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:45 am

I predict he eventually reveals himself once I invite him to my not-yet-existent apartment for beerz.

I'll pull a kaiser sozai 8)

Lol jk I'll share fb deets with the crew by pm, but tomorrow. Too much work for tonight lol.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:27 am

Tekrul wrote:

I'll pull a kaiser sozai 8)

He was supposed to be Dean's List. Some say his father was valedictorian. Nobody ever believed he was real. Nobody ever knew him or saw any of his Facebook posts. But to hear jbagelboy tell it, anybody could have gotten a PM from Tekrul. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. One story the guys told me, the story I believe, was from his days in undergrad. There was a gang of freshmen that wanted their own study room. They realized that to be summa cum laude, you didn't need coffee or Adderall or even a test bank. You just needed the will to do what the other guy wouldn't. After a while, they come into power and then they come after Tekrul. He was small-time then, just highlighting textbooks, they say.

They come to his study room in the afternoon, looking for his notes. They find his girlfriend and roommate in the room and decide to wait for Tekrul. He comes home to find his notes ripped up and laptop hard drive wiped. The freshmen knew Tekrul was tough, not to be trifled with, so they let him know they meant business. They tell him they want his room, all his outlines. Tekrul looks over the faces of his study buddies. Then he showed these men of will what will really was. He tells them he would rather see his friends fail out than live another day after this. He lets the last freshman go. He waits until his girlfriend and roommate have transferred and then he goes after the rest of the freshmen. He beats them in economics. He beats them in history. He beats them in physics and chemistry. He burns their notebooks and puts viruses on their computers. He pulls some strings with Amazon to make sure they never get their textbooks delivered. And like that, he's gone. Underground. Nobody's ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that gunners tell their kids at night. 'Tear pages of out library books and Tekrul will get ya.' And no one ever really believes.

"Do you believe in him, Mono?"

ph always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God...and the only thing that scares me is Tekrul.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:40 am

I was going to ask how the hell you knew so much about me, but then I realized you were quoting the movie inspired by my life. 8)

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:42 am

I've never once had the urge to look in this thread, but for some reason I was compelled to just minutes ago.
I'm very pleased I did so.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:11 am

That was ....that was beautiful.

untar614

Postby untar614 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:23 am

epic

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:26 am