Columbia Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
lunaraeon

Bronze

Re: Columbia Class of 2016

Post by lunaraeon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:50 pm

amsong wrote:
ph5354a wrote:So on law net, my other email is listed as firstname.lastname@law.columbia.edu, but I also tried firstinitiallastname@law.columbia.edu, and they both worked without any setting up on my part. I guess we have our choice.
I tried this and got a mailer daemon bounce.
Works for me. Now I've got all three emails set up woo. Going with my full name for the default I think.
KingFish wrote:
amsong wrote:
ph5354a wrote:So on law net, my other email is listed as firstname.lastname@law.columbia.edu, but I also tried firstinitiallastname@law.columbia.edu, and they both worked without any setting up on my part. I guess we have our choice.
I got the failure when I tried my full name but not the initial and last name.
Have you checked LawNet to see whether a full name address is listed?

KingFish

Bronze

Post by KingFish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:12 pm

lunaraeon wrote:Have you checked LawNet to see whether a full name address is listed?
Yeah it's there

lunaraeon

Bronze

Post by lunaraeon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:01 pm

KingFish wrote:
lunaraeon wrote:Have you checked LawNet to see whether a full name address is listed?
Yeah it's there
What happens if you try to add the address in LionMail?

KingFish

Bronze

Post by KingFish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:07 pm

lunaraeon wrote:
KingFish wrote:
Yeah it's there
What happens if you try to add the address in LionMail?
It fails to deliver the verification email. Oh well, I'll give it some time.

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:11 pm

KingFish wrote:
amsong wrote:
Curious.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sgt Pepper

New

Post by Sgt Pepper » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 pm

amsong wrote:
KingFish wrote:
amsong wrote:
Curious.
Same thing happened to me

ph5354a

Gold

Post by ph5354a » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Columbia finally certified my private loan!

smdpnp

Bronze

Post by smdpnp » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:29 am

Hey guys, you should check your Lionmail's spam folder. I found a pretty important email from student financial services in mine.

Aussiebum

Bronze

Post by Aussiebum » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:46 am

When you guys are adding your vanity email to your account are you treating it as an "alias" or are you unchecking that option? What difference does it make?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
When you guys are adding your vanity email to your account are you treating it as an "alias" or are you unchecking that option? What difference does it make?
Gmail's explanation: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer. ... swer=33327

Tl;dr—keep it checked, which I believe is the default option, unless you have a reason not to. I've always used the default option and it's been fine.

Also: what are three things my mentor should know about me?

cws277

Bronze

Post by cws277 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:49 pm

amsong wrote: Also: what are three things my mentor should know about me?
Such a vague question! I'm going with one thing that's about my interests within the law and then two that are just random interests of mine... Wish the survey was a bit more specific.

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm

cws277 wrote:
Such a vague question! I'm going with one thing that's about my interests within the law and then two that are just random interests of mine... Wish the survey was a bit more specific.
I nearly put something stupid like "I love almonds." I put something slightly less stupid, like "I don't want to live in the library."

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Yeah that was a pretty ridiculously vague survey. Said I wanted study / classroom tips, but also to meet people and learn the lay of the land. Also that I'm on a tight, tight budget.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

learntolift

Bronze

Post by learntolift » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:25 pm

how can i find my UNI?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:25 pm

amsong wrote:
cws277 wrote:
I nearly put something stupid like "I love almonds." I put something slightly less stupid, like "I don't want to live in the library."
For "What do you want out of the mentoring relationship", I put someone to get drinks with.

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:31 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
amsong wrote:
cws277 wrote:
For "What do you want out of the mentoring relationship", I put someone to get drinks with.
I kind of beat around the bush trying to say that. Props for cutting the bullshit hah

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 pm

learntolift wrote:how can i find my UNI?
It's the one you use to get to a bunch of parts of the site (only saying this in case you know it but don't realize you do). Should be in an e-mail, or I think you can look it up in a student directory. In the form of aaa1234... at least mine is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KingFish

Bronze

Post by KingFish » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:39 pm

jbagelboy wrote: For "What do you want out of the mentoring relationship", I put someone to get drinks with.
I put "I don't fucking know."

Not really, but that's what I was thinking.

lunaraeon

Bronze

Post by lunaraeon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:34 pm

amsong wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:
Gmail's explanation: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer. ... swer=33327

Tl;dr—keep it checked, which I believe is the default option, unless you have a reason not to. I've always used the default option and it's been fine.

Also: what are three things my mentor should know about me?
If it's an alias, when you reply it will use your default address as the "from" address, no matter what address the email you're replying to was originally sent. If you uncheck it, if the mail is addressed to "name.name@law.columbia.edu" instead of your "uni@columbia.edu" address, say, when you reply it will continue with the address the email was actually sent to rather than change to your default. I unchecked because I wouldn't want an email server to flag a message because the reply is from an unexpected/different address, but it won't really matter. Could set up a label system with it, though. :)

cws277

Bronze

Post by cws277 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:38 pm

This is random, but the thread seems to have had a slow few days, so whatever. Anybody else interested in seeing A Time to Kill on Broadway this fall? It's one of my favorite dramatic legal movies/books and it seems like it will make a great play. It opens sometime in September/October (I know nothing about Broadway, so I can't tell what it means when it says it opens on September 28th with an opening night on October 20th).

Here's a link if you are interested: http://www.broadway.com/shows/time-kill/

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 pm

cws277 wrote:This is random, but the thread seems to have had a slow few days, so whatever. Anybody else interested in seeing A Time to Kill on Broadway this fall? It's one of my favorite dramatic legal movies/books and it seems like it will make a great play. It opens sometime in September/October (I know nothing about Broadway, so I can't tell what it means when it says it opens on September 28th with an opening night on October 20th).

Id probably be interested with my SO

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lunaraeon

Bronze

Post by lunaraeon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:37 am

cws277 wrote:This is random, but the thread seems to have had a slow few days, so whatever. Anybody else interested in seeing A Time to Kill on Broadway this fall? It's one of my favorite dramatic legal movies/books and it seems like it will make a great play. It opens sometime in September/October (I know nothing about Broadway, so I can't tell what it means when it says it opens on September 28th with an opening night on October 20th).

Have never heard of it but it seems cool! I'd go.

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 pm

God I just want my last Dean's Certification form to get to CLS. Two weeks after sending the forms to the UG school and CLS still doesn't have it. Stressing me out.

voytek

Bronze

Post by voytek » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 pm

I sent it to my UG almost two months ago and thought they sent it. Last week they called and were like "Oh btw we need some info from you." At least they called and didn't just lose my stuff.

cws277

Bronze

Post by cws277 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”