UVA Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 am

Br3v wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Will officially be moved in on the 23rd of this month, but going to be back and forth for a few weeks while I settle affairs...

Still, so excited. TSO EXCITED!!!!!


Dude that's like 9 days!

Dude I know.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby digifly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Ticket officially purchased. Moving out there on August 7th!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Nice.

Anyone already there? What's it like during summer? I imagine empty.

envisciguy
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby envisciguy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:07 pm

So, I know you guys don't know your sections yet, but if you want to see who the 1L professors are, it's all on the UVA Law website. http://lawnotes2.law.virginia.edu/lawwe ... Expand=4#4

Each of Civ Pro, Crim, Torts, and Contracts have the professors listed with a section letter (or 2) next to the course name. Not all that helpful since you don't know your section, but a decent way to waste time.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Northwestern c/o 16 thread is on page 38. Can't let that stand unchecked.

WahooLaw24
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby WahooLaw24 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Br3v wrote:Northwestern c/o 16 thread is on page 38. Can't let that stand unchecked.



Agreed.

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Br3v wrote:Nice.

Anyone already there? What's it like during summer? I imagine empty.


Moved in this past week. It's dead in terms of law students who are here, but the city itself isn't. And I get what people meant about bad traffic...

Otherwise it's great. It's going to be an awesome three years 8)

Schulte212
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Schulte212 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Any future 1Ls in the Charlottesville area looking for a bed? My lease is ending at Ivy and I need to get rid of some of my furniture. In great condition--I'm just moving to a furnished apartment and cannot take it with me. It's free to a good home. The catch is that I will only be in Charlottesville this Friday and Saturday, so if anyone is interested, you need to be available this weekend.

I also may have some E&Es/hornbooks that need a good home as well.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby digifly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:07 am

How randomly are the sections assigned?

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby digifly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 am

Br3v wrote:Northwestern c/o 16 thread is on page 38. Can't let that stand unchecked.


NYU is at 39!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:27 am

Hspeaksfriend wrote:
Br3v wrote:Nice.

Anyone already there? What's it like during summer? I imagine empty.


Moved in this past week. It's dead in terms of law students who are here, but the city itself isn't. And I get what people meant about bad traffic...

Otherwise it's great. It's going to be an awesome three years 8)


Hwy 29 mostly? That seemed pretty bad when I was up there.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 am

digifly wrote:How randomly are the sections assigned?


Some current student told me that there are rumors that sections are split so that there are like matches between them. As in "oh that's Digiflys equivalent in that section" lol.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6341
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby 5ky » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:33 am

i'm going to lol when the pavilion isn't ready yet on august 3, or whenever it's supposed to be open

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:37 am

5ky wrote:i'm going to lol when the pavilion isn't ready yet on august 3, or whenever it's supposed to be open


How far off does it look?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6341
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby 5ky » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:46 am

Br3v wrote:
5ky wrote:i'm going to lol when the pavilion isn't ready yet on august 3, or whenever it's supposed to be open


How far off does it look?


hard to tell, since i don't know what the inside looks like. if the interior is completely done and HVAC and everything is set up, they can probably get it habitable, although i don't think everything on the exterior will be completely done, like landscaping and such. they've been working on it every day, including holidays, since the fall, so they're clearly behind schedule

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 am

5ky wrote:
Br3v wrote:
5ky wrote:i'm going to lol when the pavilion isn't ready yet on august 3, or whenever it's supposed to be open


How far off does it look?


hard to tell, since i don't know what the inside looks like. if the interior is completely done and HVAC and everything is set up, they can probably get it habitable, although i don't think everything on the exterior will be completely done, like landscaping and such. they've been working on it every day, including holidays, since the fall, so they're clearly behind schedule


I can only imagine the chaos if they delay. Hundreds of almost lawyers threatening suit......

User avatar
jkpolk
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby jkpolk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 am

5ky wrote:i'm going to lol when the pavilion isn't ready yet on august 3, or whenever it's supposed to be open


The front desk girls said they'd find me a place to stay if it wasn't open on time- still not sure if that's the company line or if they were hitting on me

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:54 am

polkij333 wrote:
5ky wrote:i'm going to lol when the pavilion isn't ready yet on august 3, or whenever it's supposed to be open


The front desk girls said they'd find me a place to stay if it wasn't open on time- still not sure if that's the company line or if they were hitting on me


Lol

But I mean no way they run more than like 2 weeks late to where it is an actual problem for class and stuff. It just may be a slight annoyance or those moving in right when the lease starts and you have to deal with construction for a little.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby digifly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:16 pm

5ky wrote:i'm going to lol when the pavilion isn't ready yet on august 3, or whenever it's supposed to be open


I suppose now's as good a time as any to get used to sleeping in the library!

And that's interesting about the matches in the sections. Seems fair though, I guess.

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Br3v wrote:
digifly wrote:How randomly are the sections assigned?


Some current student told me that there are rumors that sections are split so that there are like matches between them. As in "oh that's Digiflys equivalent in that section" lol.


Matches based on what?

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Oh and if I had to guess, I think pavilion is going to be a little late. Seems like they still have a ton to do before they finish

Having said that... It looks like it's going to be SUPER nice.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Hspeaksfriend wrote:
Br3v wrote:
digifly wrote:How randomly are the sections assigned?


Some current student told me that there are rumors that sections are split so that there are like matches between them. As in "oh that's Digiflys equivalent in that section" lol.


Matches based on what?


It's just a rumor with probably very little if any actual evidence, but a match as in "oh that guy in the other section really likes sports and is a republican, John Foe in our section also really likes sports and is a republican."
Last edited by Br3v on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LAnative
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby LAnative » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Hey everyone, I am a male looking for a roommate. I'm looking at a double in the Pavilion but I'm open to other options as well. PM me for details if you are interested.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:59 pm

There is probably some truth though to sections being equivalent web it comes to like LSAT, GPA, and diversity though. I mean that would only make sense.

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Br3v wrote:
Hspeaksfriend wrote:
Br3v wrote:
digifly wrote:How randomly are the sections assigned?


Some current student told me that there are rumors that sections are split so that there are like matches between them. As in "oh that's Digiflys equivalent in that section" lol.


Matches based on what?


It's just a rumor with probably very little if any actual evidence, but a match as in "oh that guy in the other section really likes sports and is a republican, John Foe in our section also really likes sports and is a democrat."


Oh. I thought you meant matches based on GPA/LSAT. As in, they want to make sure they spread the gunners evenly throughout the sections. Or they could put all the gunners in the same section. What a bloodbath that would be!




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest