UVA Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
readyforUVA
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby readyforUVA » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Checking in - admitted this week and really excited to attend in the fall!

Any advice on where to live?

One to two bed max - threes a party. Not really familiar with the UVA housing environment -standard prices, etc.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby NoodleyOne » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 pm

readyforUVA wrote:Checking in - admitted this week and really excited to attend in the fall!

Any advice on where to live?

One to two bed max - threes a party. Not really familiar with the UVA housing environment -standard prices, etc.

General housing options are Jeffersonian (booked up), Ivy Gardens, and the new Pavilion. Pavilion is the most expensive of the bunch, but is almost as close as the Jeffersonian (think 5 minute walk to class if you walk really slowly). Ivy is a bit further, but probably not prohibitively so.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6374
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby 5ky » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:11 pm

There's also a number of other places along Arlington Blvd that are close and cheap.

User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby kingjones59 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:16 pm

I emailed Dean Richard twice last week about scholly, initially and then again because she didnt respond so I wasnt sure if I screwed something up on my end. Previous emails I have sent her had always been responded to, and promptly. Anyone else not get a response these past couple weeks after emailing her about scholly? I also did not get the apparently mass email she sent out about reviewing how much money they had left and making additional offers this week.

User avatar
MyNameIsFlynn!
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 pm

kingjones59 wrote:I emailed Dean Richard twice last week about scholly, initially and then again because she didnt respond so I wasnt sure if I screwed something up on my end. Previous emails I have sent her had always been responded to, and promptly. Anyone else not get a response these past couple weeks after emailing her about scholly? I also did not get the apparently mass email she sent out about reviewing how much money they had left and making additional offers this week.


+1 to all of this. Not really sure what to make of it, other than assuming this means I'm not getting more $.

User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby kingjones59 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 am

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
kingjones59 wrote:I emailed Dean Richard twice last week about scholly, initially and then again because she didnt respond so I wasnt sure if I screwed something up on my end. Previous emails I have sent her had always been responded to, and promptly. Anyone else not get a response these past couple weeks after emailing her about scholly? I also did not get the apparently mass email she sent out about reviewing how much money they had left and making additional offers this week.


+1 to all of this. Not really sure what to make of it, other than assuming this means I'm not getting more $.


Seems odd that she would tell people to check back with her after the deposit deadline and then not respond to them when they do.

Bob-Loblaw 1
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Bob-Loblaw 1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 am

.

mh013
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby mh013 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 am

Hey guys, so regrettably I will be going somewhere else next year. However, I was dead-set on UVA and signed a lease at the pavilion in a fantastic 4th floor 2-bedroom/2 bathroom apartment. Therefore, I need to find someone else to fill my spot or I'm out 10k. The guy I was going to room with is awesome, and I am down to show you the exact floor plan, put you in contact with the guy I was going to room with, etc. The rent was 875 per month with all furniture included. You can pm me for details.
Thanks!

Guy=Digifly

If anyone is interested in a room at The Pavilion, I am currently signed up for a 2BR/2BTH and the second room is available! Feel free to PM for details.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby TripTrip » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:03 am

I won't be willing to sign a lease until late May. Maybe I'll end up with a commute and a mortgage. :-P

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Just started watching Suits last night. Already obsessed.

However, does anyone else find it odd (and annoying) that people in movies/tv always refer to the LSAT as "I took my LSATs" or "I bombed the LSATs." Plural? Really?

User avatar
Mack12
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Mack12 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Hspeaksfriend wrote:Just started watching Suits last night. Already obsessed.

However, does anyone else find it odd (and annoying) that people in movies/tv always refer to the LSAT as "I took my LSATs" or "I bombed the LSATs." Plural? Really?


YES. also, the whole Elle Woods getting a 179 thing..........really?

User avatar
MyNameIsFlynn!
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Mack12 wrote:
Hspeaksfriend wrote:Just started watching Suits last night. Already obsessed.

However, does anyone else find it odd (and annoying) that people in movies/tv always refer to the LSAT as "I took my LSATs" or "I bombed the LSATs." Plural? Really?


YES. also, the whole Elle Woods getting a 179 thing..........really?


I think u just mad u got beaten by a blonde sorostitute

User avatar
Mack12
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Mack12 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm

x
Last edited by Mack12 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Mack12 wrote:
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
Mack12 wrote:
Hspeaksfriend wrote:Just started watching Suits last night. Already obsessed.

However, does anyone else find it odd (and annoying) that people in movies/tv always refer to the LSAT as "I took my LSATs" or "I bombed the LSATs." Plural? Really?


YES. also, the whole Elle Woods getting a 179 thing..........really?


I think u just mad u got beaten by a blonde sorostitute


I am a blonde "sorostitute" haha so touche I guess.


Me too! I've never heard that phrase but I ain't a fan, Flynn.

Mack, what sorority? 8)

antiochus3
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby antiochus3 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm

-
Last edited by antiochus3 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mack12
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Mack12 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:23 am

x
Last edited by Mack12 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:45 am

...

This last page makes me want to withdraw.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 am

NoodleyOne wrote:...

This last page makes me want to withdraw.


:lol:

Just
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Just » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 am

Hi guys, quick question: if I want to send something directly to the office of admissions, do I just put Office of Admissions as the recipient and 434-924-7351 as contact number, or is it preferable to send it to one specific person at the office?

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:44 am

Post deleter. You avoided my witty retort!

User avatar
Mack12
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Mack12 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:...

This last page makes me want to withdraw.


Well it's definitely not my computer skills that got me into law school. Tried to post a pic directly in the thread and could not figure it out for the life of me so this is the best I can do

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwrxbtJhGu1qax4kr.jpg

...so there!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Mack12 wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:...

This last page makes me want to withdraw.


Well it's definitely not my computer skills that got me into law school. Tried to post a pic directly in the thread and could not figure it out for the life of me so this is the best I can do

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwrxbtJhGu1qax4kr.jpg

...so there!


You really like The Office huh?

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Gisney » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:24 pm

No mas
Last edited by Gisney on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:29 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:...

This last page makes me want to withdraw.



Because you don't want to be reminded of all the times you tried to get with a sorority girl and failed?...


OUCH.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby North » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Hspeaksfriend wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:...

This last page makes me want to withdraw.



Because you don't want to be reminded of all the times you tried to get with a sorority girl and failed?...


OUCH.

Wooosh.




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests