UVA Class of 2016

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
User avatar
jychun412
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby jychun412 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Wahoos wrote:
jychun412 wrote:I lost my UVA scholarship offer letter :(
Do you think they will send me another one if I ask for it?


Just email anyone in admissions or financial aid office and they will send you an email with an attached copy of it


Just did. Thank you :)

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby North » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Unbelievably, I'm checking in to this thread.

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm

North wrote:Unbelievably, I'm checking in to this thread.


Congratulations!! 8)

zabava
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby zabava » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Just found this thread!!! :-)

and shit, am I supposed to be worrying about housing already?!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 pm

North wrote:Unbelievably, I'm checking in to this thread.

Congrats!!!!

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby mindarmed » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

North wrote:Unbelievably, I'm checking in to this thread.


NOYCE. Did you do ED?

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby North » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:52 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
North wrote:Unbelievably, I'm checking in to this thread.

NOYCE. Did you do ED?

Yeah, I wussed out. I figured that having to ride the waitlist until August in hopes of getting in with a tiny amount of splitter $ was not worth having six months to plan. I want to work in the south, UVA's where I need to be for that, so I pulled the trigger.

Br3v wrote:
North wrote:Unbelievably, I'm checking in to this thread.

Congrats!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby BSC » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Congrats to all the admits!

I'm just wondering how long it took your letters/packets(?) to get in the mail. Mine should have been mailed last Monday. I just want to see my offer on paper, and have cool things to look through and get excited about.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby mindarmed » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:20 am

Congrats to everyone. I hope that UVA will let me into their school next fall. I'd love nothing more than to be there. :D

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby az21833 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:46 pm

BSC wrote:Congrats to all the admits!

I'm just wondering how long it took your letters/packets(?) to get in the mail. Mine should have been mailed last Monday. I just want to see my offer on paper, and have cool things to look through and get excited about.


+1, ig ot the call on Thursday. cant wait for the packet. love uva.

shibby
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby shibby » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Congrats all!

Is anyone planning on bringing a bike and depending on it as their mode of transportation? Is Charlottesville a bike friendly place?

User avatar
Hspeaksfriend
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 am

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Hspeaksfriend » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 pm

shibby wrote:Congrats all!

Is anyone planning on bringing a bike and depending on it as their mode of transportation? Is Charlottesville a bike friendly place?


I'm bringing my car, but might bring my bike anyway. From what I hear, Cville is really bike friendly.

Rhoover894
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Rhoover894 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

I've lurked on this forum for such a long time--so glad I can finally post in one of these "class of" threads! Now that my status checker has changed to a Congrats message, I feel comfortable checking in here. I am so incredibly excited, UVA has been my dream school for ages!

Is anyone currently in the Chicago area? PM me if you are and want to meet a future classmate prior to ASW!

See you all in Charlottesville :)

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

Rhoover894 wrote:I've lurked on this forum for such a long time--so glad I can finally post in one of these "class of" threads! Now that my status checker has changed to a Congrats message, I feel comfortable checking in here. I am so incredibly excited, UVA has been my dream school for ages!

Is anyone currently in the Chicago area? PM me if you are and want to meet a future classmate prior to ASW!

See you all in Charlottesville :)


Congrats and welcome!

hamy
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby hamy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 pm

shibby wrote:Congrats all!

Is anyone planning on bringing a bike and depending on it as their mode of transportation? Is Charlottesville a bike friendly place?


I'll be bringing a bike likely along with my car, hoping to be within walking/biking distance of class bc I really don't want to have to drive. Charlottesville is pretty bike friendly infrastructure wise, maybe not so much terrain wise (hills!)

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 am

Anyone considering the Pavilion? It's more expensive but seems way nicer then anything else. I dont want to be the only 1L living there, so i was wondering
http://pavilionatnorthgrounds.com/

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Teflon_Don » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 am

Is the UVA 2016 Facebook page up?

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby danitt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 am

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:Anyone considering the Pavilion? It's more expensive but seems way nicer then anything else. I dont want to be the only 1L living there, so i was wondering
http://pavilionatnorthgrounds.com/

I definitely am. Already started communicating with building management about the apartments.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby North » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 am

Teflon_Don wrote:Is the UVA 2016 Facebook page up?

Not an official one, but yes:

Rhoover894
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Rhoover894 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:18 pm

How screwed do you guys think I'll be if I don't have a car right away? I know Charlottesville isn't a walkable city but I probably won't be coming with a car and would have to find something once I got there, which I'm guessing might take a little while. I've gotten used to public transportation since graduating in 2010, and am not excited at the thought of having to pay for gas/insurance etc. again... :(

P.S. If anyone is thinking about roommates right now, I'm hoping to find someone else who wants to get a 2 bedroom in Ivy Gardens or someplace cheap. 24 yr old female, PM me if you want to talk!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Rhoover894 wrote:How screwed do you guys think I'll be if I don't have a car right away? I know Charlottesville isn't a walkable city but I probably won't be coming with a car and would have to find something once I got there, which I'm guessing might take a little while. I've gotten used to public transportation since graduating in 2010, and am not excited at the thought of having to pay for gas/insurance etc. again... :(

P.S. If anyone is thinking about roommates right now, I'm hoping to find someone else who wants to get a 2 bedroom in Ivy Gardens or someplace cheap. 24 yr old female, PM me if you want to talk!


Live close to campus and you'll be fine from what if sounds like. Barracks Rd has everything you need I guess and it's walking distance, I think.

hamy
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby hamy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:14 pm

As in prior years, our Alumni generously will fund a travel subsidy to help you attend the Open House.

The subsidy is based upon the current address you provided in your application, as follows:

o $400 for those coming from the following states:AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, MO, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY, and outside the U.S.

o $250 for those coming from the following states:AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MA, ME, MI, MS, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, WI, WV

o $100 for those coming from North Carolina, Maryland, the District of Columbia and Virginia (except for those visiting from Charlottesville/Albemarle County, who will not receive a travel stipend)

o There is no need to present receipts; rather, to be reimbursed, we will collect a form from you with your signature stating on your honor that you attended the Open House, and you will receive a reimbursement check within 4-6 weeks.

mmw16
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby mmw16 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Hey all, first time poster here :)

I'm a 21 year old girl coming straight out of undergrad looking for another girl to split a 2 bedroom apt, probably in Ivy Garden. I'm a non-smoker, no pets, pretty neat, and I like to go out/have fun a few times a week but I'm also pretty work-driven. PM me if you're interested!

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby Br3v » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Love waking up to emails from UVA, it reminds me that this is real!

hamy
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Postby hamy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Br3v wrote:Love waking up to emails from UVA, it reminds me that this is real!


Yes




Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest