UVA Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
UVAIce

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2016

Post by UVAIce » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:45 pm

sprezz wrote:
UVAIce wrote:I am also on the list of exposed SSNs. Thank you UVA for a free year of credit protection that I really didn't want to find myself needing.
and for posting that this was your response publicly, rendering your "solution" as exploitable as your original breach
Yeah, I thought it was a little brazen of them to publicly let everyone know "Hey, there are a bunch of SSNs out there, happy hunting!" Oh, and they made it EXTREMELY obvious how to find them if you wanted to. But, I will admit that they waited to blast out the message long enough that most of the brochures were probably delivered and trashed long before someone could go mailbox hunting.

WahooLaw24

Bronze

Post by WahooLaw24 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:27 pm

UVAIce wrote:
sprezz wrote:
UVAIce wrote:I am also on the list of exposed SSNs. Thank you UVA for a free year of credit protection that I really didn't want to find myself needing.
and for posting that this was your response publicly, rendering your "solution" as exploitable as your original breach
Yeah, I thought it was a little brazen of them to publicly let everyone know "Hey, there are a bunch of SSNs out there, happy hunting!" Oh, and they made it EXTREMELY obvious how to find them if you wanted to. But, I will admit that they waited to blast out the message long enough that most of the brochures were probably delivered and trashed long before someone could go mailbox hunting.
Yeah, I had actually put mine to the side and forgotten about it completely. Went digging through a bunch of stuff and luckily found it. Time to go sign up for that credit protection.

Happy Friday everyone.

shibby

Bronze

Post by shibby » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey ya'll. For those still looking at laptops, Best Buy just started up some pretty good student deals for both Macbook and PCs. Good until August 10. Link to article: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422009,00.asp

dylanfan90

New

Post by dylanfan90 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Hey was wondering when do most incoming 1LS move in? I was planning on moving a week before orientation? Is this when most incoming students typically move in, or is it on the later side in terms of getting acquainted with uva and all that? Appreciate the help.

WahooLaw24

Bronze

Post by WahooLaw24 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:04 pm

dylanfan90 wrote:Hey was wondering when do most incoming 1LS move in? I was planning on moving a week before orientation? Is this when most incoming students typically move in, or is it on the later side in terms of getting acquainted with uva and all that? Appreciate the help.
I think it really just varies. I know through Facebook and TLS that some people have been there for weeks, others are probably moving in now to give themselves a month, and I'm sure some people are only giving it a week because of work and other prior obligations.

As far as getting acquainted with Charlottesville, a week obviously isn't a lot of time, but if you can just figure out how to get to the nearest grocery store, bank, doctor, etc. you can cover the basics and just take it from there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

djlmjs22

New

Post by djlmjs22 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Deleted
Last edited by djlmjs22 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

WahooLaw24

Bronze

Post by WahooLaw24 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Anyone else having trouble with SIS? I can log in but can't actually navigate from there, just get the loading bar for minutes.

Just

Bronze

Post by Just » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 am

is finanial aid still pending? my ‘future due" part still shows the same number as before.

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Just wrote:is finanial aid still pending? my ‘future due" part still shows the same number as before.
The aid will be pending until it disburses. The future due amount should only be your spring semester bill. As of now only fall aid is being shown as pending.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:05 am

I'm getting a little nervous lol. Like moving away from a lot of the people I care a lot about. I guess it will just make seeing them on visits even better though.

North

Gold

Post by North » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 am

Br3v wrote:I'm getting a little nervous lol. Like moving away from a lot of the people I care a lot about. I guess it will just make seeing them on visits even better though.
Same. I've moved a lot, but this is the first time I'm actually pulling up some roots to do it. Sucks.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:02 am

North wrote:
Br3v wrote:I'm getting a little nervous lol. Like moving away from a lot of the people I care a lot about. I guess it will just make seeing them on visits even better though.
Same. I've moved a lot, but this is the first time I'm actually pulling up some roots to do it. Sucks.
I'm getting nervous because I'm two weeks out from moving and I haven't heard from immigration yet about my new status. It would SUCK if I had to defer a year after I've already resigned and signed a lease. I'm slightly panicked but still hoping everything works out.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 am

North wrote:
Glad that other people are in the same boat. I didn't even move very far, but other than my gf who moved with me, I don't know anyone around here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Just

Bronze

Post by Just » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 am

danitt wrote:
North wrote:
I'm getting nervous because I'm two weeks out from moving and I haven't heard from immigration yet about my new status. It would SUCK if I had to defer a year after I've already resigned and signed a lease. I'm slightly panicked but still hoping everything works out.
danitt, good luck!

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Liberty University seems to be (desperately) calling a lot of people. They've been calling me every day for a week and I finally caught the call so I could tell them to stop calling. The guy tried to convince me Liberty would be a better fit than UVA. He failed of course =P

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:Liberty University seems to be (desperately) calling a lot of people. They've been calling me every day for a week and I finally caught the call so I could tell them to stop calling. The guy tried to convince me Liberty would be a better fit than UVA. He failed of course =P
Oh I got one too. I almost wanted to see what their offer would be for me to leave UVA and go there.

shibby

Bronze

Post by shibby » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:58 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
North wrote:
Glad that other people are in the same boat. I didn't even move very far, but other than my gf who moved with me, I don't know anyone around here.
Also same. Basically uprooting my entire life, which is a really crappy feeling. I'm hoping once I get settled in it will all feel worth it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WahooLaw24

Bronze

Post by WahooLaw24 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:20 pm

shibby wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
North wrote:
Also same. Basically uprooting my entire life, which is a really crappy feeling. I'm hoping once I get settled in it will all feel worth it.
Same exact boat, should be an interesting year lol.

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:27 pm

in ur thread, +1ing ur posts

Pulling for you danitt! <3

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:35 pm

So my SA has ended, got my job for next year, and all my friends are either working or getting ready for OGI. Any of you 0Ls want to hang out in Cville?

shibby

Bronze

Post by shibby » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:17 pm

chem wrote:So my SA has ended, got my job for next year, and all my friends are either working or getting ready for OGI. Any of you 0Ls want to hang out in Cville?
'

Come August 12th-ish, sure! But actually, would anyone be up for a TLS meetup sometime before classes start? I don't move in til August 12 so sometime preferably after then.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:39 pm

shibby wrote:
chem wrote:So my SA has ended, got my job for next year, and all my friends are either working or getting ready for OGI. Any of you 0Ls want to hang out in Cville?
'

Come August 12th-ish, sure! But actually, would anyone be up for a TLS meetup sometime before classes start? I don't move in til August 12 so sometime preferably after then.
There's a meetup planned on the unofficial FB page for Aug 17th, 10ish pm at the biltmore. 80 or so people have rsvp'd yes so far.

If anyone wants to meetup before then, I get back to Charlottesville from Boston on the 10th.

shibby

Bronze

Post by shibby » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 am

shadowofjazz wrote:
shibby wrote:
'

There's a meetup planned on the unofficial FB page for Aug 17th, 10ish pm at the biltmore. 80 or so people have rsvp'd yes so far.

If anyone wants to meetup before then, I get back to Charlottesville from Boston on the 10th.
Oh, well that certainly sounds more thought out. Thanks!

digifly

Silver

Post by digifly » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:34 am

shadowofjazz wrote:
shibby wrote:
'

That's up to 80 now? Awesome!

North

Gold

Post by North » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Just turned in my security badge and left my job for the last time. If it wasn't real before, it is now. :|

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”