UIUC c/o 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
lawbug123

New

Re: UIUC c/o 2015

Post by lawbug123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 am

I'm so lost! Anyone want to get me updated? I'll be heading Champaign tomorrow evening and will start looking for apartments too.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 am

lawbug123 wrote:I'm so lost! Anyone want to get me updated? I'll be heading Champaign tomorrow evening and will start looking for apartments too.
Were you able to find the admitted student site/housing forum? What are you having issues finding?

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 pm

tmon wrote:I heard books would be expensive but dang. $180 textbook. :shock: :|

Congrats lawbug! Not sure about specific apartments, but check out the admitted students site and the housing forum on it for some options. Lots of people go with The Village, in case you hadn't heard that, but I think they do some roommate matching thing so 1bdrms might not be an option. Not sure.
you should hit up 2Ls like me who dont take notes or highlight in their book and get them at a discount

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Anybody still looking for an apartment? I have a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment at Windsor West and I need a roommate. You can PM me if you're interested.

lawbug123

New

Post by lawbug123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:52 pm

tmon wrote:
lawbug123 wrote:I'm so lost! Anyone want to get me updated? I'll be heading Champaign tomorrow evening and will start looking for apartments too.
Were you able to find the admitted student site/housing forum? What are you having issues finding?

Finally figured it out. Looks like a lot of stuff that I was trying to get started on early did not open up to me (and won't until probably Monday or later since I just got off the waitlist). Thanks tmon!

So we have readings before orientation? It looks like things are going to start going fast from this point.

What classes are you guys taking? I'm in section D and small section 4.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ProBrono

New

Post by ProBrono » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Just arrived to Champaign. Anyone down to go out? Law school rowdy, let's go.

Wart

Bronze

Post by Wart » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Last edited by Wart on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 pm

lawbug123 wrote:
tmon wrote:

Finally figured it out. Looks like a lot of stuff that I was trying to get started on early did not open up to me (and won't until probably Monday or later since I just got off the waitlist). Thanks tmon!
No problem. Yeah, the UIUC login system is way too confusing. I still can't get into the intranet thing on the law school homepage and I'm not sure if that's because I don't need to yet or just can't figure it out.

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Same here. I can't seem to log into most things for UIUC, I never know which login to use, the webmail link seems to be broken (among other things), and orientation starts in ten days. I'm hoping everything will be fixed by then, but doubtful.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:27 pm

omninode wrote:Same here. I can't seem to log into most things for UIUC, I never know which login to use, the webmail link seems to be broken (among other things), and orientation starts in ten days. I'm hoping everything will be fixed by then, but doubtful.
I had to make a word doc to keep them straight. If you know your "enterpriseID" (based on your name; no @uiuc.edu) and the password for that, this link works for email: https://webmail.illinois.edu Though I think there was something that said they'd set us up with our email accounts during orientation or something. As long as you've set up that account I think you're fine.

lawbug123

New

Post by lawbug123 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 am

So my schedule is:

Section D: Contracts (D) and Torts (D), plus, Civil Procedure (4) and Legal Research (4), plus Legal Writing and Analysis (iv).

Hopefully, I'll have some classes with you guys coming!

dap2

New

Post by dap2 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Someone mentioned books a few posts back...

The SBA sells donated books during orientation. They charge about $30 for a casebook and $10 for supplements, which is quite a deal. This is my first semester, so I'm not sure how many copies they usually have available. I definitely plan to get there early and check it out, though.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 am

This looks like a decent site for buying online, regardless of the condition you want: http://www.bigwords.com/ Used can be really cheap and new seems decently cheaper than the bookstore's prices.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

r3dhat

New

Post by r3dhat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm not sure if this guide has been posted here already, if not enjoy! :)

Illinois Student Bar Association's 1L Survival Guide (LinkRemoved)

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm trying to set up my email (just got an email about it). But when I went to the link it's asking me for an Active Directory (AD) Password....anyone know where I get that? The only password I've made is my enterprise password. Was the AD password given to me at some point? Do I create one now?

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:51 pm

nshapkar wrote:I'm trying to set up my email (just got an email about it). But when I went to the link it's asking me for an Active Directory (AD) Password....anyone know where I get that? The only password I've made is my enterprise password. Was the AD password given to me at some point? Do I create one now?
yeah, this took me a while to figure out. Go to step 3 in the e-mail, which will lead you to that login page where you have to put in your AD password and NetID. Under the login button it says "Forgot your AD password? blah blah, click on the ling there which says CITES password manager. Log in with NetID and your NetID password there. Or, log on with your NetID and your security questions. Once you get through that, you can change your password for everything. You can make one password for NetID, AD, etc. Once you have that, go back to the e-mail. Once you have that, wait a few minutes and go back to the e-mail and click step 3 again. Once you are on the login page, put in NetID, and new AD password. From there, you will be able to set up your e-mail.

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

mattviphky wrote:
nshapkar wrote:I'm trying to set up my email (just got an email about it). But when I went to the link it's asking me for an Active Directory (AD) Password....anyone know where I get that? The only password I've made is my enterprise password. Was the AD password given to me at some point? Do I create one now?
yeah, this took me a while to figure out. Go to step 3 in the e-mail, which will lead you to that login page where you have to put in your AD password and NetID. Under the login button it says "Forgot your AD password? blah blah, click on the ling there which says CITES password manager. Log in with NetID and your NetID password there. Or, log on with your NetID and your security questions. Once you get through that, you can change your password for everything. You can make one password for NetID, AD, etc. Once you have that, go back to the e-mail. Once you have that, wait a few minutes and go back to the e-mail and click step 3 again. Once you are on the login page, put in NetID, and new AD password. From there, you will be able to set up your e-mail.

Sounds simple enough.....and great I forgot my NetID *facepalm*

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DoctorShawHi

New

Post by DoctorShawHi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 pm

did orientation and classes start already?

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:53 pm

DoctorShawHi wrote:did orientation and classes start already?

Orientation did. Did you just get off of the waitlist? Classes begin on Monday.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”