UIUC c/o 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
Thirteen

Diamond

Re: UIUC c/o 2015

Post by Thirteen » Wed May 16, 2012 12:42 pm

givemea170 wrote:Driving up to Champaign tonight and staying til Sunday.

Any restaurants I need to check out?
Jet Pizza is the shit. Also, the burgers at Esquire in downtown Champaign are legit, and they always have good drink specials.

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Wed May 16, 2012 3:19 pm

mattviphky wrote:so have any incoming students received their e-mail accounts or been able to get football tickets?

I had to email them (there's a link on the ticket page) and they activated my ID so I could buy them. I have yet to buy them though because there's two options for student tickets. I think one was called "Block C" or something like that and it's $30 extra.

I don't know which was is the popular choice. Anyone want to chime in? I'd hate to buy one over the other only to find out all my classmates are in the other section.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 pm

If anyone is interested, most of this year's OCI has been posted and it looks almost identical to last years list. Meaning, as we've suspected, that the scandal last year didn't suddenly scare firms away from Illinois' fall OCI programs.

Also, it's still really early: The list wasn't up this early last year. I suspect more firms will be added.

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm

blurbz wrote:If anyone is interested, most of this year's OCI has been posted and it looks almost identical to last years list. Meaning, as we've suspected, that the scandal last year didn't suddenly scare firms away from Illinois' fall OCI programs.

Also, it's still really early: The list wasn't up this early last year. I suspect more firms will be added.
do you have a link?

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri May 18, 2012 1:06 pm

mattviphky wrote:
blurbz wrote:If anyone is interested, most of this year's OCI has been posted and it looks almost identical to last years list. Meaning, as we've suspected, that the scandal last year didn't suddenly scare firms away from Illinois' fall OCI programs.

do you have a link?

Unfortunately not one that would be helpful. It's behind like 6 layers of Illinois password protection.

But all the major Midwest (Chicago/St. Louis/Indy) biglaw firms are there, many say they're interviewing for multiple offices (NY, CA, etc) and a smattering of biglaw firms from other markets.

A bunch of IP places, too.

The list is at about 45-50 now and, as I said, I suspect it'll grow as the summer goes on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Fri May 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Holy shit, the list up already? Maybe that new career services office is better

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri May 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:

I know, right? I was shocked when I saw it.

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Spent the last week in Champaign securing housing. Got a nice little condo in south west Champaign.

Excited for the fall now. Still stressed about the log in stuff and getting furniture.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:16 pm

tmon wrote:Log in stuff? Can you still not get into the financial aid stuff?
I've gotten into that but I can't find the sheet where I wrote down all of my log in information. Haha... I'd like to buy my tickets and see where I make payments and stuff.

Another question that is probably stupid like all of these concerns... do I just pay the 2nd $500 through the simple log in that we got in the acceptance email?

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Sun May 20, 2012 10:24 pm

givemea170 wrote:
I've gotten into that but I can't find the sheet where I wrote down all of my log in information. Haha... I'd like to buy my tickets and see where I make payments and stuff.

Another question that is probably stupid like all of these concerns... do I just pay the 2nd $500 through the simple log in that we got in the acceptance email?
Did you pay through the online admitted students site? The one with the pre-assigned login for everyone? I think that's where the 2nd one goes too, becuase I remember a drop down menu for 1st or 2nd deposit.

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:32 pm

tmon wrote:
givemea170 wrote:

Did you pay through the online admitted students site? The one with the pre-assigned login for everyone? I think that's where the 2nd one goes too, becuase I remember a drop down menu for 1st or 2nd deposit.
Thanks, that does make it sound like that'd be the place!

But all in all I really liked the city. Longest time I've spent in Champaign by far and there was lots of good food. I'm living in the very western part of Champaign... past me any further and it is all corn fields... GPS says about 10 minutes to the law school so I hope that is true even with some traffic!

mattviphky

Silver

Post by mattviphky » Thu May 24, 2012 4:37 pm

so what kind of football tickets are we supposed to buy?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Thu May 24, 2012 5:24 pm

mattviphky wrote:so what kind of football tickets are we supposed to buy?

I've been asking that for a while now, still haven't heard from anyone.

chicubs88

New

Post by chicubs88 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:37 pm

nshapkar wrote:
mattviphky wrote:so what kind of football tickets are we supposed to buy?

You should be able to go to the University's athletic website and order student season tickets. You will just have to log on with your student id number (UIN). Regular student tickets are $99 for the whole season, and Block I tickets are $134 (this includes your "Illini Pride" membership which lets you get into all sporting events, excluding football and basketball, for free, as well as a couple of t-shirts. Block I ticket holders sit in the middle two sections of the North End Zone. You are guaranteed a seat in those two sections, but they are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis on gamedays. Regular tickets will get you a seat either in outer sections of the North End Zone, or in the spillover section (there should be a seating chart online that will show you where these sections are).

Here is the seating chart: http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/s ... php?t=6347

Sections 134 and 135 are Block I, all of the other yellow sections are for regular student tickets. I've had both regular and Block-I tickets. If you have regular tickets in the North End Zone, the difference is negligible. However, if you get stuck in 101 or 102 its pretty rough. Those sections have a pretty bad view. Also, Block I has some fringe benefits, such as free shirts, raffles, away game tickets, etc.....but as a 1L I doubt you will have time to take advantage of those. I went to Illinois for undergrad and I loved being in Block I, however this year as a 1L I didn't get them simply because I was worried I would be too busy to go(in hindsight I had time to go to the games). So really, its just a matter of preference. If you are really into football and want to get the "full experience" I think Block I is worth it, but if you just want to go to a few games here and there and don't want to worry about getting to the games early to fight for premium seats(or you plan on being drunk the whole time) you should just get the regular tickets.

diegoforlan10

Bronze

Post by diegoforlan10 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:38 pm

chicubs88 wrote: (or you plan on being drunk the whole time)
Sums up nicely all I look for in college football.

uiucillini23

New

Post by uiucillini23 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 pm

blurbz wrote:

Can i know where the list is?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Mon May 28, 2012 11:14 pm

uiucillini23 wrote:
blurbz wrote:

Sure. Log into symplicity and click the OCI tab. From the drop down menu, select the various OCIs to see the employers currently signed up.

uiucillini23

New

Post by uiucillini23 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:26 am

blurbz wrote:
uiucillini23 wrote:
blurbz wrote:

Sure. Log into symplicity and click the OCI tab. From the drop down menu, select the various OCIs to see the employers currently signed up.
great. only 3Ls can see this. Rising 2Ls can't. This is really stupid.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Tue May 29, 2012 3:13 am

uiucillini23 wrote:

Well, that's bizarre.

uiucillini23

New

Post by uiucillini23 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 pm

blurbz wrote:
uiucillini23 wrote:

Well, that's bizarre.
OK I just want to make this clear - I think you're looking at the wrong form. That is not the OCI list. Look at it carefully. The OCI list doesn't exist.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Tue May 29, 2012 4:16 pm

The list shows up for me as well. 41 employers, August 14-16. Not sure why it won't show up for you.

uiucillini23

New

Post by uiucillini23 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:The list shows up for me as well. 41 employers, August 14-16. Not sure why it won't show up for you.
Just called Career Services. They confirmed that the list has not been uploaded. You must be seeing last years list.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Tue May 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Nah it's definitely different than last years list. Not sure what's going on, very weird

uiucillini23

New

Post by uiucillini23 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:Nah it's definitely different than last years list. Not sure what's going on, very weird
so the office is lying to me? great.

to describe this new career service office and to quote Tupac - I SEE NO CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”