UNC Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
UNClaw2015

New

UNC Law Class of 2015

Post by UNClaw2015 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 pm

A place for The UNC LAw Class of 2015 to get to know each other.

Feel free to post a little bio about yourself (not grades or lsats), but more of what interests you, what you are looking forward too. what you do for fun etc.
Last edited by UNClaw2015 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurplePirate

Bronze

Re: UNC Law Class of 2015

Post by PurplePirate » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I'll be there in the fall :D :D

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm

I will be there too! Moving to Chapel Hill May 4th.

PurplePirate

Bronze

Post by PurplePirate » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Giantsfan13 wrote:I will be there too! Moving to Chapel Hill May 4th.
Where are you moving from?

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Buies Creek, NC, I am so excited to move back to civilization!

How about you, where are you from?
Last edited by Giantsfan13 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PurplePirate

Bronze

Post by PurplePirate » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:54 pm

I'm going to go look at places on Friday.
Last edited by PurplePirate on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CRiZZ5

New

Post by CRiZZ5 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:07 pm

What's up everyone? I'm super pumped to be headed to Carolina in the fall. I'm coming in on the educational delay JAG program straight out of ROTC, delaying my 4 year service commitment to the Air Force to go to law school. I know law school will be a lot of work but I'm looking forward to hopefully not waking up at 5am anymore :D

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:10 pm

PurplePirate wrote:I'm going to go look at places on Friday.

I did that back in January, I looked everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I wanted to make sure I got the best deal and stayed in a good area near campus.

The Park at Chapel Hill is the best place, it is about 2 miles from campus, on a bus line. It is cheap, but in a good area & near food groceries and a sports bar.Rent is free in june and july for students, it was newly renovated in the last few months and it was the only place that had reasonable space for the price. The one I am renting is $620 for 1,070 sq. feet. for two bedrooms and two baths.

You should check it out maybe we could be neighbors. :D

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:10 pm

I work in Raleigh, but live in Apex. So it's not much of a move, but I'm looking forward to living in Chapel Hill.

My parents live in Apex, I went to Apex High.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:13 pm

CRiZZ5 wrote:What's up everyone? I'm super pumped to be headed to Carolina in the fall. I'm coming in on the educational delay JAG program straight out of ROTC, delaying my 4 year service commitment to the Air Force to go to law school. I know law school will be a lot of work but I'm looking forward to hopefully not waking up at 5am anymore :D

My brother almost did something like that. But he got sick halfway through officers training school the summer before he was supposed to start law school. so he dropped out of the program because they said he would have to start over the next summer and they would not help pay for his 1L year.

PurplePirate

Bronze

Post by PurplePirate » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Giantsfan13 wrote:

I work in Raleigh, but live in Apex. So it's not much of a move, but I'm looking forward to living in Chapel Hill.

My parents live in Apex, I went to Apex High.
PM'd

CRiZZ5

New

Post by CRiZZ5 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Giantsfan13 wrote:
CRiZZ5 wrote:What's up everyone? I'm super pumped to be headed to Carolina in the fall. I'm coming in on the educational delay JAG program straight out of ROTC, delaying my 4 year service commitment to the Air Force to go to law school. I know law school will be a lot of work but I'm looking forward to hopefully not waking up at 5am anymore :D

My brother almost did something like that. But he got sick halfway through officers training school the summer before he was supposed to start law school. so he dropped out of the program because they said he would have to start over the next summer and they would not help pay for his 1L year.
That sucks for sure. Luckily I did my officer training summer between my sophomore and junior so I don't have to worry about that. Anyone headed to ASD on the 13th?

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:29 pm

CRiZZ5 wrote:
Giantsfan13 wrote:

That sucks for sure. Luckily I did my officer training summer between my sophomore and junior so I don't have to worry about that. Anyone headed to ASD on the 13th?

I am!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

The Psych Pineapple

New

Post by The Psych Pineapple » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Deposited today--I will be attending in the fall! I'm in CH now so feel free to ask any questions about Chapel Hill.

Kajol

New

Post by Kajol » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:01 pm

The Psych Pineapple wrote:Deposited today--I will be attending in the fall! I'm in CH now so feel free to ask any questions about Chapel Hill.
+1. Very excited to be attending in the fall! Also in/from Chapel Hill so open to questions too! :)

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:21 am

The Psych Pineapple wrote:Deposited today--I will be attending in the fall! I'm in CH now so feel free to ask any questions about Chapel Hill.

What are some good places to hang out in the area places to eat etc.

The Psych Pineapple

New

Post by The Psych Pineapple » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

Giantsfan13 wrote:

There are a ton of places to eat especially on Franklin St. Breakfast or Brunch Places: Elmo's Diner (in Carrboro/my favorite), Breadman's (on Rosemary St), Ye Olde, Carolina Coffee Shop (both on Franklin), and Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen. Lunch: Sutton's Drug Store (Burgers, fries, hot dogs, sandwiches), Buns Burgers, Peppers Pizza (also good for dinner). Dinner: Spanky's, Top of the Hill, Vespa, Lime & Basil (All on Franklin St). Late night snacks: Bskis, Qudoba, Cosmic Cantina

There are also a bunch of chain restaurants down 15-501 towards Durham or near South Point Mall

Places to hang out: There are a lot of bars on Franklin St--some are more fratty/undergrad than others (Bob's and He's Not). Good places for a drink/hang out- Top of the Hill, Spanky's for trivia on Thursdays (its pretty chill), Kildare's, Linda's, Goodfellows, etc. I'm not sure where a lot of law students go, but I suspect Top of the Hill is probably the most popular?

There is also the Cat's Cradle for concerts and DPAC in Durham for performing arts/shows

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Thats great, thank you for the ideas.

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm

The Psych Pineapple wrote:
Giantsfan13 wrote:

There are a ton of places to eat especially on Franklin St. Breakfast or Brunch Places: Elmo's Diner (in Carrboro/my favorite), Breadman's (on Rosemary St), Ye Olde, Carolina Coffee Shop (both on Franklin), and Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen. Lunch: Sutton's Drug Store (Burgers, fries, hot dogs, sandwiches), Buns Burgers, Peppers Pizza (also good for dinner). Dinner: Spanky's, Top of the Hill, Vespa, Lime & Basil (All on Franklin St). Late night snacks: Bskis, Qudoba, Cosmic Cantina

There are also a bunch of chain restaurants down 15-501 towards Durham or near South Point Mall

Places to hang out: There are a lot of bars on Franklin St--some are more fratty/undergrad than others (Bob's and He's Not). Good places for a drink/hang out- Top of the Hill, Spanky's for trivia on Thursdays (its pretty chill), Kildare's, Linda's, Goodfellows, etc. I'm not sure where a lot of law students go, but I suspect Top of the Hill is probably the most popular?

There is also the Cat's Cradle for concerts and DPAC in Durham for performing arts/shows

Is there a target anywhere near campus. I love target/

Kajol

New

Post by Kajol » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Giantsfan13 wrote:
The Psych Pineapple wrote:
Giantsfan13 wrote:

Is there a target anywhere near campus. I love target/
There is a Target in Southpoint that a lot of people tend to go to (at least from undergrad). You can take the highway or a back route if there's traffic. Not too bad.

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

There is a Target in Southpoint that a lot of people tend to go to (at least from undergrad). You can take the highway or a back route if there's traffic. Not too bad.[/quote]

Yea, I know about that one, but I was talking to someone who lives in Carrboro and they said there was a closer one, but I couldnt figure out where they were talking about and I tried targets website. Is franklin street the only area with cute little shops and antiques or are there other areas too?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 pm

What is evryone doing this summer?, Will anyone be in the area?

The Psych Pineapple

New

Post by The Psych Pineapple » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 pm

What is evryone doing this summer?, Will anyone be in the area?[/quote]

There is a target in Durham down 15-501-it's on Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd near the Carolina Ale House and Spartacus but it's about as far as the one at South Point. As for small shops, there are a few in Carmill Mall in Carborro and probably a couple in University Mall (haven't ever really been there)

I will be in Chapel Hill this summer relaxing and working at a low low low stress job :)

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

I will be nannying over the summer for twin 4 year old boys while living in Chapel Hill.

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:35 pm

The Psych Pineapple wrote:What is evryone doing this summer?, Will anyone be in the area?
There is a target in Durham down 15-501-it's on Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd near the Carolina Ale House and Spartacus but it's about as far as the one at South Point. As for small shops, there are a few in Carmill Mall in Carborro and probably a couple in University Mall (haven't ever really been there)

I will be in Chapel Hill this summer relaxing and working at a low low low stress job :)[/quote]

Great. Thanks for the info. It is a good idea to have a low stress job this summer.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”