2 Months to go.....Plans until 1L? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
planeride

New

Re: 3 Months to go.....Plans until 1L?

Post by planeride » Fri May 18, 2012 5:38 pm

My summer just opened up unexpectedly. Looking to do some travelling, most likely by myself. Any suggestions from the gallery? Where can I go that's cheap?

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri May 18, 2012 5:43 pm

planeride wrote:My summer just opened up unexpectedly. Looking to do some travelling, most likely by myself. Any suggestions from the gallery? Where can I go that's cheap?
Where are you, and what do you consider cheap?

planeride

New

Post by planeride » Fri May 18, 2012 5:48 pm

tmon wrote:
planeride wrote:My summer just opened up unexpectedly. Looking to do some travelling, most likely by myself. Any suggestions from the gallery? Where can I go that's cheap?
Where are you, and what do you consider cheap?
East Coast. I have about $3k saved for the trip, and I want to make it last as long as possible. International travel preferred.

Also, I prefer not stay in hostels. Maybe for one night, not for weeks.

lawstudent06789

New

Post by lawstudent06789 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:51 pm

el camino de santiago - 400 mile pilgrimage across northern spain. most expensive thing will be plane ticket. utterly amazing experience.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri May 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Just remembered that the Olympics are this summer. So that's probably...20% of my time this summer. At least.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri May 18, 2012 9:22 pm

One of the best things I've ever done: The Inca Trail in Peru.

Or if Machu Picchu is too mainstream, go to Kuelap fortress in northern Peru (It's bigger than Machu Picchu and, in my mind, just as stunning--it's just not as iconic. Machu Picchu gets more tourists in two weeks than Kuelap gets in a year. When I went to Kuelap, my group had it to ourselves!) and explore some of the smaller towns around there then take a bus to the south and Lake Titicaca or see the condors of Arequipa. There are also groups that will take you up into the amazon: I did that, too--Basically you take a canoe with a motor for about a day upriver deep into the jungle to camp. Pretty amazing.

Peru is fantastic--and ridiculously cheap.

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Sat May 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Traveling a lot...reading a lot...hanging out with as many people as possible before I am unable to keep up with all of them (all long distance).

diegoforlan10

Bronze

Post by diegoforlan10 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:27 am

Currently busting my ass working as a teacher in South America. Can not WAIT to come back to the US and do nothing but work out and chill on the beach for a solid month.

splitbrain

Silver

Re: 2 1/2 Months to go.....Plans until 1L?

Post by splitbrain » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Work, quit jerb, move in.

Exciting life, I know.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Besides a vacay or two, I'm gonna be in Vegas all summer!!!!!! staying at my parents house fml
Sup, might be in Vegas at the end of July!
planeride wrote:East Coast. I have about $3k saved for the trip, and I want to make it last as long as possible. International travel preferred.

Also, I prefer not stay in hostels. Maybe for one night, not for weeks.
If you want international and don't want hostels, I'd recommend doing a package to the Caribbean or something (you can check cheapcaribbean.com for deals). You should be able to get plane + hotel for at least 2 weeks with 3K (depending on how nice of a hotel you want).

Alternatively, blow half your money on a ticket to Asia (not Japan, somewhere with a favorable exchange rate). Would avoid Europe if I were you, the main way to save there is by staying in hostels. Given the exchange rate, staying in a hotel would kill your money pretty damn fast.

ETA: I'M LEAVING FOR A 5 WEEK TRIP TO EUROPE IN A WEEK HOLY FUCK HAVE NOT STARTED PACKING SHITTTTTTTTTTT

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Last edited by Mal Reynolds on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barbaraeliz

Bronze

Post by barbaraeliz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:29 pm

tmon wrote:Just remembered that the Olympics are this summer. So that's probably...20% of my time this summer. At least.
I've decided I'll try to only watch the Olympics if exercising....I have a feeling this is going to not work out. :|

I just landed a job for a brewer as a sample rep. So for decent pay and great hours, I'll get to talk about beer to anybody and everybody. And who doesn't like the girl who is handing out free brew? Since this is job #3, I think my summer is pretty much set. :shock:

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm

:lol:
Watching certain sports while exercising by doing those sports would be pretty sweet. Suddenly I want to buy a stationary bike.

In contrast to barb's third job, mine ended today!! And I'm stoked.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rawlberto

Bronze

Post by Rawlberto » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 pm

lawstudent06789 wrote:el camino de santiago - 400 mile pilgrimage across northern spain. most expensive thing will be plane ticket. utterly amazing experience.

My family is from Galicia, specifically Vigo which is an hour train ride from Santiago. Let me know your dates bro, if you're chill bro/broad I have a place for your to crash.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Working until mid July, getting married, honeymoon, then moving to a TBD city to start school

Also working out.

lospants

New

Post by lospants » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 am

I'm going to try and be more active, do some more recreational reading with a little bit of light law-related reading, catch up on 15 episodes of The Good Wife, try not to freak out too much over being a 1L, and try not to harass my future roommate (a 3L) with questions over small neurotic details that most people don't care about/think of.

Oh, and eat a ton of Mexican food because I'm moving from California to Vermont

ChristFirst

New

Post by ChristFirst » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 am

Working out and working to save money

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crooked

Bronze

Re: 2 Months to go.....Plans until 1L?

Post by crooked » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:01 pm

A few more weeks of work, a month of travel (Europe and South America) and then two days of crazed apartment shopping before 1L. Hopefully some exercise and reading-for-fun in that mix as well.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:18 pm

step 1) acquire desperate girls
step 2) share with my bros

abogadesq

Silver

Post by abogadesq » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 am

I'm getting as good in shape as I can in case I become a physical disaster during my 1L. I'm also getting any recreational reading done before I only have time for reading law. Beyond that, just chilling...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”