WUSTL Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
TheZoid

Bronze

Re: WUSTL Class of 2015

Post by TheZoid » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Pretty sure I'll be at WUSTL in the fall. Hoping to make it to the March ASD. Thanks romo and others for all the info you've posted. Definitely appreciate it.

punkyg0608

Bronze

Post by punkyg0608 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Is anyone considering getting a meal plan with WUSTL? I can't cook and it would be really convenient to get food on campus. I'm not sure it's worth the money, but it's definitely something I'm going to consider.

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:24 pm

punkyg0608 wrote:Is anyone considering getting a meal plan with WUSTL? I can't cook and it would be really convenient to get food on campus. I'm not sure it's worth the money, but it's definitely something I'm going to consider.
costco within 30 minutes driving + microwave/oven = good to go.

butchcassidy

Bronze

Post by butchcassidy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 pm

What are you guys doing for housing?

kevinholt

New

Post by kevinholt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:18 am

Probably going to end up at WUSTL this year, but not for certain. I need to visit, but it'll have to be in summer (like May). I might go to a Housing Day. I was also wondering how the best way to go about that would be.

Also, anyone else think of Winnie the Pooh when you say WUSTL? As in Heffalumps and Woozles/WUSTLs? Just me? Oh, okay.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mrjohnsterman

Bronze

Post by mrjohnsterman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 pm

splitsplat wrote:Decided to stay at the Hyatt, wife wants to check out the Arch and stuff. Anyone heading to ASW at the end of March from the SF Bay Area?
Anyone know if downtown hotels charge for parking in St. Louis?

I think I am going to be in town for 3 nights and can do downtown for $60/night vs. $90/night at moonrise (on hotwire)

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I'd think all the hotels charge for parking around the downtown area. You should check each hotel's website for specific pricing.

example @ the hyatt: http://stlouisarch.hyatt.com/hyatt/hote ... /index.jsp

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Welcome to WUSTL, all who are coming.

You'll find that WUSTL is a pretty friendly place to go to school. Your classmates will be the smartest people you have ever gone to school with (for most of you), so competing with the curve won't be easy, but for the most part, this is one of the most laid-back law schools otherwise. Every transfer student I've talked to has mentioned how the atmosphere is just different. Helpful rather than backstabbing. There's a ton of people here that get their work done and study hard, but it's done in a non-competitive fashion, and almost everyone is willing to help you out.

St. Louis isn't a paradise, but there's plenty of stuff to do to keep a student busy -- and the cost of living is awesome. College-town prices, but big city amenities.

Let me know if you have any questions.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:45 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Last edited by Crowing on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

punkyg0608

Bronze

Post by punkyg0608 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Reminder: Send in your tuition deposit this week! WUSTL has an early deposit deadline of April 1, and it would be easy to miss. Also, it's refundable for a month, so even if you're not sure just send it in!

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:09 pm

punkyg0608 wrote:Reminder: Send in your tuition deposit this week! WUSTL has an early deposit deadline of April 1, and it would be easy to miss. Also, it's refundable for a month, so even if you're not sure just send it in!
Feel like I should know this, but should I just snail mail it to the admissions office? I'm not seeing any info anywhere on it. Probably no big deal, but then again I'd like to mail $300 to the correct location. :lol:

punkyg0608

Bronze

Post by punkyg0608 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:01 pm

tmon wrote:
punkyg0608 wrote:Reminder: Send in your tuition deposit this week! WUSTL has an early deposit deadline of April 1, and it would be easy to miss. Also, it's refundable for a month, so even if you're not sure just send it in!
Feel like I should know this, but should I just snail mail it to the admissions office? I'm not seeing any info anywhere on it. Probably no big deal, but then again I'd like to mail $300 to the correct location. :lol:
I just sent a check to the Admissions Office with a quick note explaining what it was for. I'm sure they'll know what to do with it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:53 pm

tmon wrote:
There is also the option to do it online through the Admitted Students Bulletin Board, you should have gotten an e-mail with how to login but since we are a lazy generation:
Admitted Students Bulletin Board (ASBB)
https://admitted.mylaw.wustl.edu/_layou ... Source=%2f
Your username for the ASBB is your primary email address.

Your password is the first initial of your first name, the first initial of your last name, and the last four digits of your social security number (or, if you did not include a SSN on your application, the last four digits of the number that was assigned as your SSN on your law school application.)

Example:
Applicant, Jane Doe; Primary Email, janedoe@mail.com; SSN, XXX-XX-1234
Username: janedoe@mail.com
Password: jd1234
You can confirm and pay the deposit online there. HTH

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I actually saw the section on the admitted student site I think you're talking about, but it seemed like you just told them whether you were accepting the admissions offer there. Seems weird to me that they make you click through and say that you're attending in the fall to get to a deposit screen. Or maybe that's just because I'm still waiting to hear on some other options. Either way, thanks. I'll probably go through with that in the next day or so now that I know I can do it online.

punkyg0608

Bronze

Post by punkyg0608 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:35 pm

splitsplat wrote:
tmon wrote:
There is also the option to do it online through the Admitted Students Bulletin Board, you should have gotten an e-mail with how to login but since we are a lazy generation:
Admitted Students Bulletin Board (ASBB)
https://admitted.mylaw.wustl.edu/_layou ... Source=%2f
Your username for the ASBB is your primary email address.

Your password is the first initial of your first name, the first initial of your last name, and the last four digits of your social security number (or, if you did not include a SSN on your application, the last four digits of the number that was assigned as your SSN on your law school application.)

Example:
Applicant, Jane Doe; Primary Email, janedoe@mail.com; SSN, XXX-XX-1234
Username: janedoe@mail.com
Password: jd1234
You can confirm and pay the deposit online there. HTH
Yeah, I saw this before I mailed my deposit and I wasn't sure what to do. Although I probably will attend WUSTL, I don't feel comfortable selecting the option that says I will attend. I know it's probably not binding, but still...

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 pm

It's not binding, it clearly states that the first deposit is refundable and not a binding commit. The only thing WUSTL cautions against in regards to the deposit situation is that scholarship recipients are asked not to have deposits at any other school by the 2nd deposit deadline or you 'could' lose the scholly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mrjohnsterman

Bronze

Post by mrjohnsterman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 pm

splitsplat wrote:I'd think all the hotels charge for parking around the downtown area. You should check each hotel's website for specific pricing.

example @ the hyatt: http://stlouisarch.hyatt.com/hyatt/hote ... /index.jsp
My girlfriend and I will also be staying in the Hyatt, found out that parking next door at the crown plaza costs half as much so I plan to do that.

srrrrh

Bronze

Post by srrrrh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 pm

Deposited + 99% sure I'll be there in the fall!

Fabulist

New

Post by Fabulist » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Official, I'm going in the fall! Pretty excited.

myq

Bronze

Post by myq » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi. If anyone needs a place to stay (starting as early as 5/10) I have a studio sublet available in in the Central West End. It'd be furnished. It's really nice. The area is full of law school students. There would be an option to renew the lease at the end of the summer if you wanted. PM me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Clint Eastwood

Silver

Post by Clint Eastwood » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am

Going to WUSTL, although I can't visit until July at the earliest. Highest ranked school I was accepted into and they gave me the most money. Easiest law school decision ever.

Birdnals

Gold

Post by Birdnals » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:59 am

It’s been official for me for a while, but I just now saw this page. I am looking forward to moving back to my hometown.

flyingduck

New

Post by flyingduck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:17 pm

butchcassidy wrote:What are you guys doing for housing?
I believe I just found a 1br in Clayton/Demun, directly south of campus and next to the huge park. Anyone have any advice on whether its a good area or not? I'm sure there is info in the "WUSTL 2L taking questions" thread but it will take years to go through page-by-page.

Birdnals

Gold

Post by Birdnals » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:23 pm

flyingduck wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:What are you guys doing for housing?
I believe I just found a 1br in Clayton/Demun, directly south of campus and next to the huge park. Anyone have any advice on whether its a good area or not? I'm sure there is info in the "WUSTL 2L taking questions" thread but it will take years to go through page-by-page.

Clayton is a really nice area, and if you are close to forest park/campus then you are golden. I am probably going to rent a house with 2 or 3 professional friends. If we get the place we are currently gunning for I will probably host a pool party sometime during orientation week.

On the admitted students section of the website there is a blog, one post of which describes neighborhoods pretty well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”