UC Irvine Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
Beachbum89

Bronze

Re: UC Irvine Class of 2015

Post by Beachbum89 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 pm

horrorbusiness wrote:why is UCI's maximum need-based grant so much lower than the other UCs? i mean, they seem fairly generous with merit scholarships, but the need-based grants are just miniscule.
They really are and I think they're much more conservative in terms of awarding need-based awards. I got 14k in need-based aid from UC Davis and nothing from Irvine.

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:11 pm

yeah, afaik UCLA's max need-grant is 20k, and Davis's is 27k.. makes 5k seem a bit lacking

KellyGalligan

New

Post by KellyGalligan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I'll be there this fall! Just sent a fbook request :D

TrojanHopeful

Bronze

Post by TrojanHopeful » Sun May 27, 2012 1:08 am

What's up with our thread dying out? Is everyone on Facebook? I don't do Facebook, so wouldn't know. Everyone get their housing assignment? What is everyone up to?

I got assigned to a studio at PDS, but my lease says it starts in September - I hope I get that figured out so I can move in early August.

Any other fitness fanatics out there? I'm excited to use the gym and nearby running trails (can't beat running to the beach).

lawgeekgrl

Bronze

Post by lawgeekgrl » Sun May 27, 2012 1:53 am

Deleted
Last edited by lawgeekgrl on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

6thbackstreetboy

Bronze

Post by 6thbackstreetboy » Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 am

TrojanHopeful wrote:What's up with our thread dying out? Is everyone on Facebook? I don't do Facebook, so wouldn't know. Everyone get their housing assignment? What is everyone up to?

I got assigned to a studio at PDS, but my lease says it starts in September - I hope I get that figured out so I can move in early August.

Any other fitness fanatics out there? I'm excited to use the gym and nearby running trails (can't beat running to the beach).
I'm generally a Facebook hater, but you should create an account so you don't miss all the info and meet-ups and such on there. Though I do think it's important we keep this thread going since having a three page "Class of" thread would look super lame to future applicants.

I have the same issue with housing. I got a one bedroom at Vista Del Campo, but the lease starts on Sept 22. I've actually been trying to switch to Puerta Del Sol because I really don't want to deal with figuring out the logistics of starting classes without a place to live. I was told the leases at PDS start August 11 though, so it's weird your lease starts in September…

I'm definitely planning on doing some serious beach runs/working out at the ARC/finding some street ball games to join.

splitbrain

Silver

Post by splitbrain » Thu May 31, 2012 9:10 pm

Still waiting to hear back about Palo Verde but I am sure they're going to try and get the lease to start in September at this rate...

TrojanHopeful

Bronze

Post by TrojanHopeful » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 am

splitbrain wrote:Still waiting to hear back about Palo Verde but I am sure they're going to try and get the lease to start in September at this rate...
I was given a September-September lease at PDS and was able to get it changed to August-August. If you get stuck with September I'd call Nasreen immediately.

splitbrain

Silver

Post by splitbrain » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:41 am

TrojanHopeful wrote:
splitbrain wrote:Still waiting to hear back about Palo Verde but I am sure they're going to try and get the lease to start in September at this rate...
I was given a September-September lease at PDS and was able to get it changed to August-August. If you get stuck with September I'd call Nasreen immediately.
Sweeeeeet ty. Yah not too worried - the school's been awesome at sorting out any sort of issues in the way so far.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”