IUB class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
K Rock

Re: IUB class of 2015

Postby K Rock » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 pm

I think I'll be coming. TommyK as a fellow deferral I also did not get the paid-for travel arrangements. I think I'm just going to find a cheaper hotel off campus.

Qbinson

Postby Qbinson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi,

I'm a current 1L looking to sublet my room in a 3 bedroom (the other roommates are also 1Ls and really cool guys). It is literally a 2-3 minute walk to the law school. Here is the building:
http://www.burnhamrentals.com/index.php ... nity_cd=51

My portion of the rent is $625/month. It's available as soon as you need it until August 14th, with the possibility of leasing for the school year, and can be furnished with a full-sized bed and a desk or unfurnished. Please let me know if you're interested. Email me at dqrobins@indiana.edu.

Thanks for looking,

Dareus

afangel804

Postby afangel804 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Accepted offer of admission today :D

See you all in the fall!!

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:13 pm

afangel804 wrote:Accepted offer of admission today :D

Nice, welcome to the (other) IUB thread 8)

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:30 pm

What kind of confirmation are we supposed to get after we accept? I just want to make sure they didn't lose it or something...

K Rock

Postby K Rock » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:31 pm

It took Kelly Compton like 2 weeks to e-mail me after I accepted. And that e-mail was basically "Sweet, more info will follow...sometime. K bye. "

pjlamond

Postby pjlamond » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:49 pm

My roommate and myself (current 1Ls) are looking for a third roommate starting this fall. We are conveniently located less than 2 minutes walking distance from the best bars in town or the law library. Our cozy Burnham apartment on Dunn features such luxuries as a pool table and matching couches. If you are interested please send me a message at pjlamond@indiana.edu.

Best,
Patrick

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 am

K Rock wrote:It took Kelly Compton like 2 weeks to e-mail me after I accepted. And that e-mail was basically "Sweet, more info will follow...sometime. K bye. "

Good deal - that's the same one I got.

sporkdevil

Postby sporkdevil » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:47 am

afangel804 wrote:Accepted offer of admission today :D

Congrats. Good to see the new group. I was in your shoes three years ago.

Qbinson wrote:Hi,

I'm a current 1L looking to sublet my room in a 3 bedroom (the other roommates are also 1Ls and really cool guys). It is literally a 2-3 minute walk to the law school. Here is the building:

::yadda yadda::

Burnham is just abouta s close as you would possibly get to the law school. I walk farther when I park down by school.

iowalum wrote:What kind of confirmation are we supposed to get after we accept? I just want to make sure they didn't lose it or something...

Assuming nothing has changed with admissions (I believe they are entirely the same staff since when I applied), probably a nonsensical email giving you no information whatsoever, likely after an unreasonably long wait. Or typical of most admissions offices.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 am

iowalum wrote:What kind of confirmation are we supposed to get after we accept? I just want to make sure they didn't lose it or something...

I got a long form email back within two hours of my acceptance email, reminding me to send in a photo and a transcript and suggesting I consider Summer Start.

Edit.... and even though I've known for a year I would be going to IUB and I've already signed a lease for an apartment, the acceptance email was scary to write. I'm such a commitment-phobe. 3 years... long time.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Yeah I haven't sent a photo yet... I need to do that. Is it a critical thing or is it not a big deal that I haven't sent it yet?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:56 pm

iowalum wrote:Yeah I haven't sent a photo yet... I need to do that. Is it a critical thing or is it not a big deal that I haven't sent it yet?

Yeah, me neither. If you're in trouble, at least I'll have company in the penalty box. I should get on that though.

aptavail

Postby aptavail » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 pm

If someone is looking for a one bedroom for the summer, let me know. It's also available for the fall so you wouldn't have to move twice. My place is 2 blocks from the law school. Rent is $600/month and includes parking plus some utilities. Message me if you're interested.

Qbinson

Postby Qbinson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Qbinson wrote:Hi,

My portion of the rent is $625/month. It's available as soon as you need it until August 14th, with the possibility of leasing for the school year, and can be furnished with a full-sized bed and a desk or unfurnished. Please let me know if you're interested. Email me at dqrobins@indiana.edu.

Thanks for looking,

Dareus

Me again,

I really want to find a good subletter soon, so I'm going to cover $125/month for the length of the sublease. Only $500/month for a great, big apartment (with a pool table) super close to the law school.

cedarseoul

Postby cedarseoul » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 pm

TommyK wrote:Hey All,

I found a place I'm really excited about so I'm posting to see if anybody would be interested in considering a roommate situation. It's a 2bed room / 2 full bath. Includes cable tv, high speed Internet, water utilities included, indoor pool, patio, tanning bed (if youre into that), free parking, comes with a 42" tv and washer and dryer in the apartment.

It would be $994 if we're on the same lease or $530 a person if we sign separate leases, which compared to similarly sized apartments is really reasonable. The only downside is that it is 1.9 miles away from the law school. It's on the campus bus line and the apartment complex has their own drop off shuttle with the first pick up at 7:05. From some of the 1Ls I have been talking to and those familiar with the university, they have indicated that living a couple miles away isn't that big of a deal and actually recommend it because you can find a better place for cheaper.

Reply or PM if you're interested. We can tell each other a little bit about ourselves to see if we'd be compatible roomies.

Some quick edits: there's a good mix of undergrads/grad/professional students there so definitely not a kegger feel. Also, here is the link to check it out, if you're so inclined: http://Www.bloom-living.com

Cheers,
TK

TommyK, I've also signed at Bloom. My in-laws visited a bunch of places, and they liked Bloom best.

For anyone still searching for an apartment...Bloom's pricey, but the amenities seem to more than justify the expense. IMO.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:08 pm

cedarseoul wrote:
TommyK, I've also signed at Bloom. My in-laws visited a bunch of places, and they liked Bloom best.

For anyone still searching for an apartment...Bloom's pricey, but the amenities seem to more than justify the expense. IMO.

Nice! Welcome to the Bloom enclave. I hope we get a few more incoming 1L's out there.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Anyone else doing Summer Start?

K Rock

Postby K Rock » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:14 am

iowalum wrote:Anyone else doing Summer Start?

Yup my roommate and I are both doing it.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:03 pm

^^ Awesome. Are you doing any prep? (drinking doesn't count :) )

And STILL no word on my scholly negotiations.... they must be really mad that I haven't sent that picture yet...

K Rock

Postby K Rock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:06 pm

I'll probably read "Getting to Maybe". Not planning on doing any serious prep aside from getting ready for the move to Bloomington.

Also, I believe they base your scholarship amount on how good-looking you are, so you should probably send them your picture soon.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Anyone still looking for a place for the summer and/or fall?

My roommate and I are both interning out of state and need someone to stay in our apartment over the summer. We have a 2 bedroom/1 BA apartment on 2nd and Walnut (we walk to campus, although we have free parking) that we need to sublease ASAP. We have plenty of furniture for you to use, a washer/dryer in-unit, and really nice modern fixtures. We were the very first tenants so everything is still brand new. Free water, high speed internet, and parking. Central AC, though we never used it during the summer because the place regulates the temp really well. Asking about $600 per bedroom (you can rent one or both), but we are willing to negotiate on price.

Our lease is technically up on 7/31, but we are also looking for someone to take over our fall lease.

PM me if interested, and congrats on coming to IU! :D

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Less than a month until Summer Start! And I got a 1/2 Summer Start scholly! Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the year. Anyone read GTM or anything yet? <--- I'm mostly just bored... I promise I'm not this gunner-y in person...

And I finally sent in that picture! Also, had to apply for residency as I was still being classified as out of state - the woman at the registrar's office said the appeals take approx. 2 weeks (if anyone is curious).

cedarseoul

Postby cedarseoul » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Has anyone had difficulty accessing their IU e-mail? I tried to set it up after Admissions sent out the student ID numbers, but it's not working for me...and IT hasn't been able to help me.

Just wondering. I want to make sure I'm not missing important info.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:55 pm

cedarseoul wrote:Has anyone had difficulty accessing their IU e-mail? I tried to set it up after Admissions sent out the student ID numbers, but it's not working for me...and IT hasn't been able to help me.

I tried it about a month ago, wasn't able to, and just assumed they hadn't enabled it yet. I am running under the assumption that they'll be emailing us at our personal email address.

McLean.J

Postby McLean.J » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:50 pm

TommyK wrote:
cedarseoul wrote:Has anyone had difficulty accessing their IU e-mail? I tried to set it up after Admissions sent out the student ID numbers, but it's not working for me...and IT hasn't been able to help me.

I tried it about a month ago, wasn't able to, and just assumed they hadn't enabled it yet. I am running under the assumption that they'll be emailing us at our personal email address.

I was able to set mine up. They haven't sent out anything of any major relevance yet, but if they do I'll be sure to pass that message along. I know I needed my username and passphrase to access OneStart and set up direct deposit for my scholarship/loan money (which was important for me). Although, I'm doing Summer Start, so maybe mine was enabled earlier? I'm not sure. But like I said, they haven't sent anything important yet.

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”