University of Chicago Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
anewaphorist

Bronze

Re: University of Chicago Class of 2015

Post by anewaphorist » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Anyone know when we're getting our loan money? Around the first week of class, yes, but hopefully before the Fall quarter bill is due...!

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Sounds like around the week before school starts. If you have loans in process they won't count you as late or anything though, that would be pretty messed up.

catholicgirl

Bronze

Post by catholicgirl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 am

I'm becoming hideously paranoid about my loans. Like, OMG WHAT IF THEY LOSE ALL MY PAPERWORK, paranoid.

Danny Mothers

Bronze

Post by Danny Mothers » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 pm

catholicgirl wrote:I'm becoming hideously paranoid about my loans. Like, OMG WHAT IF THEY LOSE ALL MY PAPERWORK, paranoid.
Same. plz give me debt!

Haymarket

Bronze

Post by Haymarket » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Don't be worried. In the very rare scenario where something happens and your loans are delayed, they can give you a quick temporary loan paid out right away until things get sorted out. It happened to one person I know.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Moving up a month from tomorrow. We should have a TLS meet up if you guys are gonna be in town that week before orientation.

catholicgirl

Bronze

Post by catholicgirl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Greenandgold wrote:Moving up a month from tomorrow. We should have a TLS meet up if you guys are gonna be in town that week before orientation.
I'm moving in around then too. Figured it would be nice to have a while to decompress before you know...the whole actual going to classes thing starts.

ATLiens

New

Post by ATLiens » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:40 pm

catholicgirl wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:Moving up a month from tomorrow. We should have a TLS meet up if you guys are gonna be in town that week before orientation.
I'm moving in around then too. Figured it would be nice to have a while to decompress before you know...the whole actual going to classes thing starts.
I know I don't post here a lot (/at all) but checking in, and I'm moving to hyde park around then too.

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 pm

This was touched on in the 2L-3L thread but I figured it made sense to bring up here. What's everyone doing for the optional orientation days?

I signed up for Monday but it almost sounded like I'm going to enjoy the first hour and then find myself trapped at the Board of Trade having information shoved down my throat. 3rd grade field trip-esque. I'm also doing the professionalism/leadership day but I can't tell how gunner-ish that's gonna be.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bigglesworth

New

Post by bigglesworth » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:33 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:This was touched on in the 2L-3L thread but I figured it made sense to bring up here. What's everyone doing for the optional orientation days?

I signed up for Monday but it almost sounded like I'm going to enjoy the first hour and then find myself trapped at the Board of Trade having information shoved down my throat. 3rd grade field trip-esque. I'm also doing the professionalism/leadership day but I can't tell how gunner-ish that's gonna be.
I'm doing the Monday one and the leadership day thing because they seem like things that are at least slightly useful/a decent way to meet people. The Tuesday Hyde Park thing has been designated to "drink, meet more 1Ls, drink" day in my calendar because it seems like a better use of time.

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Word. Always down to drink.

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:01 pm

bigglesworth wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:This was touched on in the 2L-3L thread but I figured it made sense to bring up here. What's everyone doing for the optional orientation days?

I'm doing the Monday one and the leadership day thing because they seem like things that are at least slightly useful/a decent way to meet people. The Tuesday Hyde Park thing has been designated to "drink, meet more 1Ls, drink" day in my calendar because it seems like a better use of time.
Yea, I think the all day things could get pretty boring rather quickly so I'll probably just do the Monday one as well. Meet some people there and then we can all do our own thing Tuesday without needing to be under adult supervision all day.

Alright, and it sounds like several of us are down for getting drinks the week before orientation so I'll just post on here again at the beginning of September when it gets a little bit closer and then we can decide when and where.

anewaphorist

Bronze

Post by anewaphorist » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Down to imbibe on that Tuesday as well, but I'll have to have lunch before I start tossing 'em back. Let's set something up a little later on :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

foxylaxy

Bronze

Post by foxylaxy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:02 am

Checking in-just got accepted Friday and will be withdrawing from NU.
Now, how to figure out that FAFSA stuff again and do all that pre-matriculation stuff again.
This is the third time I changed my mind about where I was going to school, but finally I made it to my dream school. I seriously almost cried a few times today thinking about how I can't believe everything.
See you all soon!

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:03 pm

foxylaxy wrote:Checking in-just got accepted Friday and will be withdrawing from NU.
Now, how to figure out that FAFSA stuff again and do all that pre-matriculation stuff again.
This is the third time I changed my mind about where I was going to school, but finally I made it to my dream school. I seriously almost cried a few times today thinking about how I can't believe everything.
See you all soon!
Welcome to the class!

anewaphorist

Bronze

Post by anewaphorist » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Congrats, foxy! Looking forward to meeting you :)

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't know if you've all been informed yet but, while you still don't know your individual schedules and which professors each of you will have, the general course schedule is now available on the uchi website: --LinkRemoved-- I'm pretty sure 1L classes are in blue.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I don't know if you've all been informed yet but, while you still don't know your individual schedules and which professors each of you will have, the general course schedule is now available on the uchi website: --LinkRemoved-- I'm pretty sure 1L classes are in blue.
Thanks for letting us know. Fingers crossed for avoiding C and D for LRW.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:I don't know if you've all been informed yet but, while you still don't know your individual schedules and which professors each of you will have, the general course schedule is now available on the uchi website: --LinkRemoved-- I'm pretty sure 1L classes are in blue.
Especially avoid C, because C would mean you're not in Helmholz's property class.

Xifeng

Gold

Post by Xifeng » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:
Especially avoid C, because C would mean you're not in Helmholz's property class.
Peñalver and Strahilevitz are amazing :P

Haymarket

Bronze

Post by Haymarket » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Levmore for Torts or killself. He's that good.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

blank403

New

Post by blank403 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:
Wouldn't that mean we do want C? I thought Helmholz was the guy that regularly gives out awful grades. Or am I missing some sarcasm here?

Also, I'm confused by all the numbers. Do your sections follow you throughout the year? So if you're in section 01 in autumn, do you take all section 01 classes in the winter quarter too?

ETA: woops. missed the whole key at the bottom. duh. removed a bunch of questions that were obvious.

anewaphorist

Bronze

Post by anewaphorist » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:15 pm

It's looking like Property will be great regardless of whether we miss out on Helmolz. Strahilevitz taught a really engaging 0L class at ASW, and he has a sterling reputation.

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm sure I'll regret saying this in a few months, but is anybody else getting a little antsy to get started? I've never had a summer that was this long and we've still got more than a month until classes. Ahh, I want to get up to Chicago lol.

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”