poe wrote:So we may not know about matching scholarships until May 15? Looks like we'll be forced to make a decision before knowing for sure, since that's the day LSAC will report double deposits (assuming that the "tentative acceptance" does, in fact, count for those purposes).
There's a pretty good chance that even if you withdrew from Berkeley right now, they might not inform LSAC before the deadline, or LSAC might not update their records in time. In fact, like a week ago, I asked a rep at LSAC about this, and she said it's pretty much at the schools discretion when they decide to inform the LSAC about deposits and withdrawals and what not.
At the very least, I know that Berkeley doesn't care about double deposits for tentative acceptance students because I asked about it. There's also a pretty good chance that the other school isn't going to do much beyond give you a call asking about your intent to enroll. However, some schools do have an official policy about this, e.g., Columbia and NYU.