Columbia Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby icedflames » Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Here's my list of things to do this weekend/before enrolling. Am I missing anything?

Federal Direct Loan Request Form + Entrance Counseling + MPN
CBT
Immunization
Dean's Cert
Housing Deposit (when I finally receive the assignment)
Picture on LawNet?

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Sat May 12, 2012 3:56 pm

icedflames wrote:Here's my list of things to do this weekend/before enrolling. Am I missing anything?

Federal Direct Loan Request Form + Entrance Counseling + MPN
CBT
Immunization
Dean's Cert
Housing Deposit (when I finally receive the assignment)
Picture on LawNet?


Also, final ug transcripts before Aug 1, can't remember if there's more off the top of my head though.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Sun May 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Sent an email to the Admissions Office over 2 weeks ago (27 April) about my address change and they still haven't gotten back to me yet, lawl.

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby gossipgirl » Sun May 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Bronck wrote:Sent an email to the Admissions Office over 2 weeks ago (27 April) about my address change and they still haven't gotten back to me yet, lawl.


Did they change it in lawned? I asked them to change mine and I saw the change in lawnet (no other notification)

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Sun May 13, 2012 9:28 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
Bronck wrote:Sent an email to the Admissions Office over 2 weeks ago (27 April) about my address change and they still haven't gotten back to me yet, lawl.


Did they change it in lawned? I asked them to change mine and I saw the change in lawnet (no other notification)


Nope, no changes in lawnet :/

Did you email them the request?

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby gossipgirl » Sun May 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Bronck wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:
Bronck wrote:Sent an email to the Admissions Office over 2 weeks ago (27 April) about my address change and they still haven't gotten back to me yet, lawl.


Did they change it in lawned? I asked them to change mine and I saw the change in lawnet (no other notification)


Nope, no changes in lawnet :/

Did you email them the request?


Nope, wrote it on my enrollment decision so less likely they'd send me a reply

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Sun May 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Hmm alright. I guess I'll give it a little bit more time.

I can't imagine it's super important at this point. Signed my MPNs with the new address and have mail forwarding set up through USPS.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Elliott_Smith » Sun May 13, 2012 11:58 pm

As long as you got change of address stuff filled out with USPS, you should be fine. Moving in a few weeks, and doing the same.

User avatar
smokeylarue
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby smokeylarue » Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 am

My housing application was approved early last week in that early wave, but I still haven't gotten my assignment even though it seems like a lot of people have on the FB group. Anyone in same boat?

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Elliott_Smith » Mon May 14, 2012 10:21 am

Same exact boat.

And I want my housing assignment! :evil:

salamanders
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby salamanders » Mon May 14, 2012 10:29 am

Do we have to send another UG transcript even if we've been out of UG for 2 years? That's what the language made it sound like, but it's going to be exactly the same as the one they got with my application... ??

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby icedflames » Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am

salamanders wrote:Do we have to send another UG transcript even if we've been out of UG for 2 years? That's what the language made it sound like, but it's going to be exactly the same as the one they got with my application... ??


I think they only receive the LSAC report not the actual transcript?

Also, it is also used to confirm that you have actually graduated for those KJDs

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Elliott_Smith » Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah, pretty sure they want a separate UG transcript from everyone, anything you submitted to LSAC doesn't count.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:22 am

salamanders wrote:Do we have to send another UG transcript even if we've been out of UG for 2 years? That's what the language made it sound like, but it's going to be exactly the same as the one they got with my application... ??


Yeah they want an official copy to go with the photocopy that they get from LSAC.

salamanders
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby salamanders » Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks guys.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Mon May 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Still in process D:

I hope I'm not the last person to receive my assignment!! lmao

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby jetissent » Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Bronck wrote:Still in process D:

I hope I'm not the last person to receive my assignment!! lmao


+1 Still at received. I can't stop compulsively checking though :)

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Mon May 14, 2012 2:27 pm

jetissent wrote:
Bronck wrote:Still in process D:

I hope I'm not the last person to receive my assignment!! lmao


+1 Still at received. I can't stop compulsively checking though :)


Haha, I can't either. I think it's 1/3 impatience, 1/3 neuroticism, and 1/3 boredom on my part.

lovefoolosophy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby lovefoolosophy » Mon May 14, 2012 4:57 pm

I finally pushed myself to finish MPNs for both Stafford and GradPlus loans and entrance counseling online and submitted the loan request!
But I noticed I didn't see anything specific for the Perkins loan.
Does anyone know if we have to complete a separate MPN (or whatever the requirement is) for the Perkins loan or are we good after submitting the Stafford MPN?

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Mon May 14, 2012 5:05 pm

lovefoolosophy wrote:I finally pushed myself to finish MPNs for both Stafford and GradPlus loans and entrance counseling online and submitted the loan request!
But I noticed I didn't see anything specific for the Perkins loan.
Does anyone know if we have to complete a separate MPN (or whatever the requirement is) for the Perkins loan or are we good after submitting the Stafford MPN?


I emailed fin aid about it, and they sent me this response:
Instructions on completing the Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note will be emailed to you over the Summer.

lovefoolosophy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby lovefoolosophy » Mon May 14, 2012 5:13 pm

You are amazing! That was so helpful, thanks!! :)

Bronck wrote:
lovefoolosophy wrote:I finally pushed myself to finish MPNs for both Stafford and GradPlus loans and entrance counseling online and submitted the loan request!
But I noticed I didn't see anything specific for the Perkins loan.
Does anyone know if we have to complete a separate MPN (or whatever the requirement is) for the Perkins loan or are we good after submitting the Stafford MPN?


I emailed fin aid about it, and they sent me this response:
Instructions on completing the Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note will be emailed to you over the Summer.

Banosby
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Banosby » Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 pm

lovefoolosophy wrote:You are amazing! That was so helpful, thanks!! :)

Bronck wrote:
lovefoolosophy wrote:I finally pushed myself to finish MPNs for both Stafford and GradPlus loans and entrance counseling online and submitted the loan request!
But I noticed I didn't see anything specific for the Perkins loan.
Does anyone know if we have to complete a separate MPN (or whatever the requirement is) for the Perkins loan or are we good after submitting the Stafford MPN?


I emailed fin aid about it, and they sent me this response:
Instructions on completing the Perkins Loan Master Promissory Note will be emailed to you over the Summer.


I called and asked last Friday, and they sent me here: https://ssol.columbia.edu/common/Federa ... ryNote.pdf

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby piccolittle » Tue May 15, 2012 11:00 am

Hi everybody, in case you haven't seen these:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ma ... -man-death
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... an/257106/

The Columbia Human Rights Law Review has released their Spring 2012 issue, which focuses on and proves the wrongful execution of Carlos DeLuna. This is big stuff, and another reason to be proud to attend CLS in the fall :)

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby Bronck » Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 pm

According to someone in the FB group who emailed in, we should be hearing about our housing assignments by next Tuesday.

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2015

Postby icedflames » Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Bronck wrote:According to someone in the FB group who emailed in, we should be hearing about our housing assignments by next Tuesday.


Just sent in my loan request form. I didn't request any grad plus loans, but my budget could be thrown off a bit by the housing. Can we request additional plus loans if we didn't request any in the first place? The MPN is all filled out already.

Also, what address did you guys send the final transcript to?




Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest