Missouri Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
juicyj

New

Missouri Class of 2015

Post by juicyj » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:19 am

Anyone excited about COMO?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Missouri Class of 2015

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:06 pm

hey, anyone who has decided definitively on Missouri: please post your choice here if you would like to be included

checkster

Bronze

Post by checkster » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Accepted at MU, on my short list for sure.

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Mizzou is on my short list as well, especially with the low in-state tuition and low cost of living. Just received an email from Michelle Heck saying that scholarship information will be released in the next week so I'll be stalking the mailbox for the next week or two hoping they'll make Mizzou Law even more attractive with some $$$$

checkster

Bronze

Post by checkster » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm not expecting too much, Mizzou is running pretty cheap as it is...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Put in my seat deposit last week for Mizzou.

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Mon May 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Anybody else here Mizzou bound?

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 am

Seat deposit paid last week! Mizzou bound! :D

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Fri May 11, 2012 9:40 am

I'm glad I have housing in order now. I've seen people on the FB admitted students group that are still looking. I don't like the late Friday class on the tentative schedule block they made for us though. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Fri May 11, 2012 1:24 pm

lakerinstl wrote:I'm glad I have housing in order now. I've seen people on the FB admitted students group that are still looking. I don't like the late Friday class on the tentative schedule block they made for us though. :(
Where did you end up for housing? I'm going this next weekend to finalize housing but I've got some good options! Because my sister and family comes to visit for football games in the fall so often (family all have season tickets) they offered to pay part of the rent and I'm gonna get either a two or three bedroom to save on cost of hotels! I've got the contracts class on Fridays at 3pm and I've also got my writing class at 5pm on Tuesday and Thursdays. If they make changes to the schedules, I'm hoping it's those two classes that move to earlier times!

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Fri May 11, 2012 2:14 pm

wannabeprincess wrote:
lakerinstl wrote:I'm glad I have housing in order now. I've seen people on the FB admitted students group that are still looking. I don't like the late Friday class on the tentative schedule block they made for us though. :(
Where did you end up for housing? I'm going this next weekend to finalize housing but I've got some good options! Because my sister and family comes to visit for football games in the fall so often (family all have season tickets) they offered to pay part of the rent and I'm gonna get either a two or three bedroom to save on cost of hotels! I've got the contracts class on Fridays at 3pm and I've also got my writing class at 5pm on Tuesday and Thursdays. If they make changes to the schedules, I'm hoping it's those two classes that move to earlier times!
I visited the school about a month ago and met up with a 2L when I was in Michelle Heck's office who just happened to be looking for a roommate. It's a 3 bedroom town home a couple of miles off campus. Not too bad really, and the pricing for it was pretty good.

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Fri May 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Oh, and my Contracts class on Friday is at 12:00, but my later class on Friday is Civ Pro.

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Fri May 11, 2012 2:48 pm

lakerinstl wrote:
wannabeprincess wrote:
I visited the school about a month ago and met up with a 2L when I was in Michelle Heck's office who just happened to be looking for a roommate. It's a 3 bedroom town home a couple of miles off campus. Not too bad really, and the pricing for it was pretty good.
Sounds like a good situation for housing. I have a friend in the leasing office for both Timber Ridge and The Hill (part of the Corporate Lake development) who has helped me and so I'm going to go with one of those two options. Price isn't bad since I won't be sharing except for a few weekends when family comes in for football games in the fall and they're paying for part of it. Sounds like we are in opposite sections, I'm in Section 1 and Section 1A for both writing and lawyering.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

wannabeprincess wrote:
lakerinstl wrote:
wannabeprincess wrote:
Sounds like a good situation for housing. I have a friend in the leasing office for both Timber Ridge and The Hill (part of the Corporate Lake development) who has helped me and so I'm going to go with one of those two options. Price isn't bad since I won't be sharing except for a few weekends when family comes in for football games in the fall and they're paying for part of it. Sounds like we are in opposite sections, I'm in Section 1 and Section 1A for both writing and lawyering.
Wow I'm actually in the same sections for both. I guess the class times are just different for those two.

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Fri May 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Well now that I went back and looked at my schedule, I was wrong! Contracts for me is at noon as well on Friday and Civ Pro is at 3pm. I guess at least there's a little bit of time for sleeping in on Fridays...but I bet we see at least some changes in our schedules before the start of school!

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Fri May 11, 2012 11:55 pm

wannabeprincess wrote:Well now that I went back and looked at my schedule, I was wrong! Contracts for me is at noon as well on Friday and Civ Pro is at 3pm. I guess at least there's a little bit of time for sleeping in on Fridays...but I bet we see at least some changes in our schedules before the start of school!
Yeah that's the time for my Civ Pro class. But as you said, they are still tentative (although I don't know how things would change unless there are some students with circumstances that they may want to accommodate). At lease we can get a general feel and a likelihood of when our classes will take place though.

And speaking of the football games, I have a bunch of friends from St. Louis who want to come down for the Alabama game, so hopefully I can score as many tickets for that game as I can. That will be a fun one.

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 am

lakerinstl wrote:
wannabeprincess wrote:Well now that I went back and looked at my schedule, I was wrong! Contracts for me is at noon as well on Friday and Civ Pro is at 3pm. I guess at least there's a little bit of time for sleeping in on Fridays...but I bet we see at least some changes in our schedules before the start of school!
Yeah that's the time for my Civ Pro class. But as you said, they are still tentative (although I don't know how things would change unless there are some students with circumstances that they may want to accommodate). At lease we can get a general feel and a likelihood of when our classes will take place though.

And speaking of the football games, I have a bunch of friends from St. Louis who want to come down for the Alabama game, so hopefully I can score as many tickets for that game as I can. That will be a fun one.
Speaking as someone who did the first couple years of my undergrad there, get tickets to that game as soon as individual game tickets are released. Mizzou's stadium isn't nearly as big as most SEC or Big 10 type stadiums so tickets can be difficult to get for the big games but they sure are fun!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah I can see that, and I think that this game will be harder than most to get tickets for. I've been to a few big ones like Ohio Stadium, and those tickets are hard to get as well even though there's over 100,000 capacity there. Let's see how many games I'll be able to attend this year though.

juicyj

New

Post by juicyj » Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Section 2 here.

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Fri May 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Just got in contact with someone the other day though a mutual friend who is in Section 2 as well.

Are you guys ready (as ready as we can be, lol) for August 14th orientation? I feel like this is about to be the fastest summer ever.

juicyj

New

Post by juicyj » Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 pm

For me its moving sllllooowww. I'm currently working full-time, so making it through each week is taking every ounce of power due to the excitement.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Fri May 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Yeah I'm working full time as well at a law firm in St. Louis. I just feel like after all the "enjoy your summer while you can" talk from so many people, it will fly by. I hope not, just feels like it will be that way.

wannabeprincess

New

Post by wannabeprincess » Thu May 24, 2012 4:12 pm

juicyj wrote:For me its moving sllllooowww. I'm currently working full-time, so making it through each week is taking every ounce of power due to the excitement.
Moving sllllooooww here as well. Finishing up my MPA and working isn't really allowing me to "relax" and enjoy the summer very much! I signed the lease for the townhouse I found just today so at least housing is figured out. If anyone hasn't started looking at housing yet I'd definitely recommend getting on that ASAP as I found last week when I went and looked that a lot of the places are already filled up or close to full. I had forgotten how crazy housing can be in a "college town." Does anyone really know exactly what to expect from that week of orientation? Section 1 here!

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Thu May 24, 2012 11:01 pm

wannabeprincess wrote:
juicyj wrote:For me its moving sllllooowww. I'm currently working full-time, so making it through each week is taking every ounce of power due to the excitement.
Moving sllllooooww here as well. Finishing up my MPA and working isn't really allowing me to "relax" and enjoy the summer very much! I signed the lease for the townhouse I found just today so at least housing is figured out. If anyone hasn't started looking at housing yet I'd definitely recommend getting on that ASAP as I found last week when I went and looked that a lot of the places are already filled up or close to full. I had forgotten how crazy housing can be in a "college town." Does anyone really know exactly what to expect from that week of orientation? Section 1 here!
I heard that orientation will get pretty boring after a while. I head that it pretty much lasts the whole day, that there is some kind of community service work (I believe), and that a bunch of people will be lecturing to us. Hopefully it won't be as boring as some of the current students I talked to said it was.

lakerinstl

New

Post by lakerinstl » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:07 am

lakerinstl wrote:
wannabeprincess wrote:
I heard that orientation will get pretty boring after a while. I head that it pretty much lasts the whole day, that there is some kind of community service work (I believe), and that a bunch of people will be lecturing to us. Hopefully it won't be as boring as some of the current students I talked to said it was.
Looks like I summed it up pretty accurately. What's done is done.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”