Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby tdicks » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Yay! So exciting to have some new people in this thread! Congrats to all the new admits!!

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13909
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Just booked my flight and hotel for ASW+apartment hunting! I usually try to fly Alaskan instead of Southwest, but SW had a great deal on the Inn of Chicago (not fancy but looks ok...hopefully) that worked out to be less than half price.

I figure I can fly Alaska to my heart's content once a hotel room is no longer in the equation.

Last year I splurged on the Knickerbocker Hotel but if my dad flies out to assist in the apartment hunt after ASW, he'll have a conniption if I paid for an obviously "nice" hotel. :roll:

thisisme
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby thisisme » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Checking in, not an active TLS poster but SUPER excited to be in at NU.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:05 pm

I avoided this thread like the plague earlier because it would have crushed me if I didn't get in, but now that I'm in...................

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hai gais!!! SO EXCITED to be here. I'm (obviously) already in love with NU, but to make things even cooler, Johann posted on my G+ account yesterday congratulating me. It made me feel like the staff really cares about each and every person they admit: we're more than just a series of numbers/stats to them. <3 <3 <3 NU.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13909
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I avoided this thread like the plague earlier because it would have crushed me if I didn't get in, but now that I'm in...................

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hai gais!!! SO EXCITED to be here. I'm (obviously) already in love with NU, but to make things even cooler, Johann posted on my G+ account yesterday congratulating me. It made me feel like the staff really cares about each and every person they admit: we're more than just a series of numbers/stats to them. <3 <3 <3 NU.
That is pretty awesome of Johann. He seems very cool.

You coming to ASW?

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:10 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I avoided this thread like the plague earlier because it would have crushed me if I didn't get in, but now that I'm in...................

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hai gais!!! SO EXCITED to be here. I'm (obviously) already in love with NU, but to make things even cooler, Johann posted on my G+ account yesterday congratulating me. It made me feel like the staff really cares about each and every person they admit: we're more than just a series of numbers/stats to them. <3 <3 <3 NU.
That is pretty awesome of Johann. He seems very cool.

You coming to ASW?


She better...

:lol:

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm in Philly right now celebrating New Year's (yes, 5 day celebration), so I haven't taken a close look at the ASW information just yet...is there more than 1 ASW date? If so, which one are most people going to?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13909
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:18 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I'm in Philly right now celebrating New Year's (yes, 5 day celebration), so I haven't taken a close look at the ASW information just yet...is there more than 1 ASW date? If so, which one are most people going to?
There's just one ASW and one Diversity Weekend. I don't know when DW is (being pasty white myself), but ASW is Fri/Sat April 13-14.

I'm arriving Thursday afternoon and flying out Tuesday afternoon.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:22 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I'm in Philly right now celebrating New Year's (yes, 5 day celebration), so I haven't taken a close look at the ASW information just yet...is there more than 1 ASW date? If so, which one are most people going to?
There's just one ASW and one Diversity Weekend. I don't know when DW is (being pasty white myself), but ASW is Fri/Sat April 13-14.

I'm arriving Thursday afternoon and flying out Tuesday afternoon.

Highly doubt that I'll be attending the Diversity Weekend...I'm asian, but that's basically ORM :lol: I will definitely be there at ASW...I'll take any excuse I can get to visit NU/Chicago again :D :D

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:29 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I'm in Philly right now celebrating New Year's (yes, 5 day celebration), so I haven't taken a close look at the ASW information just yet...is there more than 1 ASW date? If so, which one are most people going to?
There's just one ASW and one Diversity Weekend. I don't know when DW is (being pasty white myself), but ASW is Fri/Sat April 13-14.

I'm arriving Thursday afternoon and flying out Tuesday afternoon.

Highly doubt that I'll be attending the Diversity Weekend...I'm asian, but that's basically ORM :lol: I will definitely be there at ASW...I'll take any excuse I can get to visit NU/Chicago again :D :D


Yeah... I'm torn on this one... not sure which one I should attend, but I have a feeling certain TLS'ers are going to hold me to a certain committment I made not too long ago... :lol:

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Just found out I may be moving to Chicago in one month ahhhhhhhhhhh

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby basilseal » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

elibrarian wrote:Just found out I may be moving to Chicago in one month ahhhhhhhhhhh

Awesome.

As a rock-ribbed Sox fan this pains me to ask, but opportunities present themselves... do any NU folks live in Wrigleyville? And if so how is the commute etc?

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:37 pm

basilseal wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just found out I may be moving to Chicago in one month ahhhhhhhhhhh

Awesome.

As a rock-ribbed Sox fan this pains me to ask, but opportunities present themselves... do any NU folks live in Wrigleyville? And if so how is the commute etc?


Oh, I want to know this too.

thisisme
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby thisisme » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Has anyone else had trouble getting to the CO 2015 Facebook page?

I click the link off the Admitted Students page and all I get is, "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:00 pm

thisisme wrote:Has anyone else had trouble getting to the CO 2015 Facebook page?

I click the link off the Admitted Students page and all I get is, "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

I didn't even know we had a C/O FB page!!!

/failure >_<

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Someone needs to fix this.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13909
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:14 pm

I'd try the link but I STILL haven't been sent any admitted student info or the site login. :x
They said I'd be getting it "sometime in January"...that had better not mean Jan 25th or something.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 pm

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Still can't believe I'm in... Sorry for the interruption... :lol:

thisisme
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby thisisme » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:20 pm

JustE wrote:WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Still can't believe I'm in... Sorry for the interruption... :lol:


=every minute of every day for the past week.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:21 pm

thisisme wrote:
JustE wrote:WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Still can't believe I'm in... Sorry for the interruption... :lol:


=every minute of every day for the past week.

+1000000000

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:02 pm

WE HAZ NEW ADMITS!!!

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Just got in today! RD, complete 11/30, nowhere close to making a final decision, but all the Northwestern applicants this year seem like great people, so I figured I'd pop in and say hi!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Boston_NYG2245 wrote:Just got in today! RD, complete 11/30, nowhere close to making a final decision, but all the Northwestern applicants this year seem like great people, so I figured I'd pop in and say hi!

Haii!! Glad to have you here ITT with us!

thisisme
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby thisisme » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Congrats to the new admits!

User avatar
kennethellenparcell
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby kennethellenparcell » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:46 am

Sooo excited to be in at this school!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest a Class of 2015 field trip to http://thedoughnutvault.tumblr.com/!

Best. Doughnuts. Ever.




Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest