Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
foxylaxy

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Post by foxylaxy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:57 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:Goddamit. Just finished all the financial aid stuff and what a pain in the ass.
+1 filling out the Need Access took all of one night = I didn't go to work the next day from exhaustion. I also had to call my UG to find out the total amount of grant/scholarship I got while attending since I graduated a few years ago and the person on the phone was nice enough to calculate it for me lol.
Oh god, there was a question about UG schoarships? Shit, I do not remember that AT ALL. :?

Okay, I reviewed my completed NeedAccess app and it only asked for aid from 2011-12. Since I graduated in 2002, I think I'm safe!
well damn. i guess i filled it out incorrectly lol this is what happens when i spend more time on an app than on my LSAT :?

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:01 pm

foxylaxy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:Goddamit. Just finished all the financial aid stuff and what a pain in the ass.
+1 filling out the Need Access took all of one night = I didn't go to work the next day from exhaustion. I also had to call my UG to find out the total amount of grant/scholarship I got while attending since I graduated a few years ago and the person on the phone was nice enough to calculate it for me lol.
Oh god, there was a question about UG schoarships? Shit, I do not remember that AT ALL. :?

Okay, I reviewed my completed NeedAccess app and it only asked for aid from 2011-12. Since I graduated in 2002, I think I'm safe!
well damn. i guess i filled it out incorrectly lol this is what happens when i spend more time on an app than on my LSAT :?
Uuuuhhhhh.... I'm pretty sure there was a question about total grants and loans from UG, evenif. It wasn't last year. Crap. Now I need to check.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Oh god, there was a question about UG schoarships? Shit, I do not remember that AT ALL. :?

Uuuuhhhhh.... I'm pretty sure there was a question about total grants and loans from UG, evenif. It wasn't last year. Crap. Now I need to check.
Ugh.
Maybe it asks different questions according to your answers to other questions? Because I'm looking at my pdf right now and there's no total UG aid question. I'm gonna go back through the online form.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Oh god, there was a question about UG schoarships? Shit, I do not remember that AT ALL. :?

Ugh.
Maybe it asks different questions according to your answers to other questions? Because I'm looking at my pdf right now and there's no total UG aid question. I'm gonna go back through the online form.
I know it asks different questions depending on schools. Maybe that was something for Vandy or Cornell or somewhere and not for NU.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Uuuuhhhhh.... I'm pretty sure there was a question about total grants and loans from UG, evenif. It wasn't last year. Crap. Now I need to check.
Ugh.
I know it asks different questions depending on schools. Maybe that was something for Vandy or Cornell or somewhere and not for NU.
It must be something like that. I'm going through the online form and I'm (thank god) not seeing anything. Maybe NU doesn't ask because most students have been out of school for at least a year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Uuuuhhhhh.... I'm pretty sure there was a question about total grants and loans from UG, evenif. It wasn't last year. Crap. Now I need to check.
Ugh.
It must be something like that. I'm going through the online form and I'm (thank god) not seeing anything. Maybe NU doesn't ask because most students have been out of school for at least a year.
Yeah, I don't remember that question either, so it might be for a different school.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Kikero wrote:Yeah, I don't remember that question either, so it might be for a different school.

foxylaxy

Bronze

Post by foxylaxy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Samara wrote:
Kikero wrote:Yeah, I don't remember that question either, so it might be for a different school.
yes, i checked mine and it did include a question regardless of when you graduated, but I also included GULC and Michigan on my needaccess so this might be the case. i graduated in 2009, btw :lol:

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:13 pm

foxylaxy wrote:
Samara wrote:
yes, i checked mine and it did include a question regardless of when you graduated, but I also included GULC and Michigan on my needaccess so this might be the case. i graduated in 2009, btw :lol:
Me too! ::high five::

I've tried to purge all this financial aid stuff from my memory. Yecch. But I vaguely remember this question and having to figure out how much I got from Stafford in 2005-2006. I do appreciate that Northwestern doesn't ask for parent information though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dolfan0516

Bronze

Post by dolfan0516 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Anyone in the Facebook group? I tried joining a couple of weeks ago but won't get approved. Wondering if it's only me?

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm

dolfan0516 wrote:Anyone in the Facebook group? I tried joining a couple of weeks ago but won't get approved. Wondering if it's only me?
I have the same problem.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:32 am

Kikero wrote:
dolfan0516 wrote:Anyone in the Facebook group? I tried joining a couple of weeks ago but won't get approved. Wondering if it's only me?

I have the same problem.
They approve people to the group in waves, they probably just haven't gotten around to doing it in a while (:

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:18 pm

It took them about a month to approve me. :D (I thought they had forgotten about me...)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Hey is anyone going/did anyone go to the Diversity ASW? I really wanted to go but couldn't swing two days off work.

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:22 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Hey is anyone going/did anyone go to the Diversity ASW? I really wanted to go but couldn't swing two days off work.
Liz Lemon wouldn't give you some time off?

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm

cactuarX3 wrote: Liz Lemon wouldn't give you some time off?
Lemon told me to bring her ham all day every day. Then she made me go stand in a corner for eating her sandwich.

Also, all my birds are ill. And I have to windex Tracy Jordan's pet iguana.

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:
Lemon told me to bring her ham all day every day. Then she made me go stand in a corner for eating her sandwich.

Don't forget you need to call up Kelsey Grammer to cover up a murder.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:

And you're probably still tired from filling in for Leap Day William.

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm also not sure why I was invited to Diversity ASW...although it may be because I associated with the Hill People as a child...in the 1600s- *cough cough* - recent times.

I do believe the Hill People are URMs.

dolfan0516

Bronze

Post by dolfan0516 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:38 pm

I love how on twitter and G+ Johann mentions dumb things people do.

Which one of you were mentioned in this tweet? lol

"@tweetsbyjohann: if you come to my admit event w/o rsvp-ing, I will smile and welcome you.  However, it's bad manners.”

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Has anyone RSVPed for ASW? Did anyone say they were interested in the housing tour on Friday morning before ASW stuff starts? I am only reluctant because signup to sit in on a class at 10:30 is first come/first serve and we'd be getting back to campus barely in time to make it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Has anyone RSVPed for ASW? Did anyone say they were interested in the housing tour on Friday morning before ASW stuff starts? I am only reluctant because signup to sit in on a class at 10:30 is first come/first serve and we'd be getting back to campus barely in time to make it.
Yes to both. That didn't even occur to me, how many people are there supposed to be at this event? I could see the Criminal Law and Intl Criminal Law getting filled up, but the rest of the classes seem to have a bit of space.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Has anyone RSVPed for ASW? Did anyone say they were interested in the housing tour on Friday morning before ASW stuff starts? I am only reluctant because signup to sit in on a class at 10:30 is first come/first serve and we'd be getting back to campus barely in time to make it.
I didn't sign up for the housing tour, primarily because none of the places toured allows dogs. :|

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Samara wrote:
I didn't sign up for the housing tour, primarily because none of the places toured allows dogs. :|
Well that makes an easy decision for you!
I probably won't go on the tour, just because I'll be staying until Tuesday to do apartment hunting anyway.

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Anyone got scholarship/grant information yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”