Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Oh, also: someone with access to the admitted student site (I emailed admissions and was told that deferred students won't be getting access until January), could you look and see what the dates of ASW are for me? Pretty please? :wink:

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby tdicks » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:49 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Oh, also: someone with access to the admitted student site (I emailed admissions and was told that deferred students won't be getting access until January), could you look and see what the dates of ASW are for me? Pretty please? :wink:


China hates google so gmail isn't loading for me at the moment, but I believe it's April 13th and 14th.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:27 am

tdicks wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Oh, also: someone with access to the admitted student site (I emailed admissions and was told that deferred students won't be getting access until January), could you look and see what the dates of ASW are for me? Pretty please? :wink:


China hates google so gmail isn't loading for me at the moment, but I believe it's April 13th and 14th.
That would make sense. Thanks.

I've got a teacher friend in NY volunteering to fly out and help me dig through my condo to organize/throw away stuff on her spring break. And I could definitely use her help! She wants to plan that soon so I needed the ASW date. :)

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:58 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Any other reluctant runners out there? I hate running but I decided about 2 years ago that I hate it less than going to the gym. It helps if I have company and/or an interesting route. I just found this yesterday: --LinkRemoved--
Sounds like a fun way to drag myself out for a run and learn something about the city.

That totally sounds like a spam post, but it's not, I swear. Give me a warning if it's ban-worthy, plz.


Not sure I'd say I'm a reluctant runner, maybe just a regular runner, but that is a pretty neat company/site. I feel like you could sort of recreate that without paying for it though.

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Just got scholarship letter via email. Hooray, it is official!

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:17 pm

I've been browsing apartments and condos for rent online and found a couple of places I'd LOVE to live in...but of course, what are the odds that those units are available in June/July when I actually NEED them? *sigh*

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby tdicks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:00 pm

elibrarian wrote:Just got scholarship letter via email. Hooray, it is official!


yay! and it's less likely my acceptance was some sort of system glitch! i know that paperless communication is environmentally friendly and all that, but do we ever get anything in the mail? all these electronic form letters make me paranoid some computer is punking me and it's all a big mistake.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:21 pm

tdicks wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got scholarship letter via email. Hooray, it is official!


yay! and it's less likely my acceptance was some sort of system glitch! i know that paperless communication is environmentally friendly and all that, but do we ever get anything in the mail? all these electronic form letters make me paranoid some computer is punking me and it's all a big mistake.
Eventually you get a package with a portfolio, a viewbook, and some pamphlets.

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:17 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
tdicks wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got scholarship letter via email. Hooray, it is official!


yay! and it's less likely my acceptance was some sort of system glitch! i know that paperless communication is environmentally friendly and all that, but do we ever get anything in the mail? all these electronic form letters make me paranoid some computer is punking me and it's all a big mistake.
Eventually you get a package with a portfolio, a viewbook, and some pamphlets.


MMhmm, I love me some good pamphlets...

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby tdicks » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:53 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Eventually you get a package with a portfolio, a viewbook, and some pamphlets.


I could totally use a NU portfolio for the pre school lesson plans I should be turning in every week...

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby emkay625 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:01 pm

emkay625 wrote:Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Welcome! Are you a for sure future classmate??

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 pm

elibrarian wrote:Just got scholarship letter via email. Hooray, it is official!


Checking in!!! Does anyone know if we'll get financial aid info soon? Not saying I expect anything... Just curious...

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:05 pm

JustE wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got scholarship letter via email. Hooray, it is official!


Checking in!!! Does anyone know if we'll get financial aid info soon? Not saying I expect anything... Just curious...


I believe most of us in here were ED so....we knew what we got and the email came about two weeks after acceptance. No idea what the time line is for you but congrats!!

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:08 pm

JustE wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got scholarship letter via email. Hooray, it is official!


Checking in!!! Does anyone know if we'll get financial aid info soon? Not saying I expect anything... Just curious...
If they're running it like last year, there's an entirely separate application for scholarships, with a couple of brief essay questions (last year they were basically "tells us why you deserve money" and "what are your goals?"), which you submit online. Then you also have to do NeedAccess (HUGE pain) and FAFSA.

Edit: To clarify, I don't know when they actually start sending out Fin Aid info. When I deferred, my name was taken out of the money app pile. I'll be applying with you this year.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby emkay625 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:11 pm

elibrarian wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Welcome! Are you a for sure future classmate??


90 percent. the only way i won't attend is if Michigan, uva, or penn let me in. All 3 of these things are unlikely.

ETA: even then i will probably choose nu. I have no desire to live in ann arbor, charlottesville, or philly.

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Just got an email confirming my address so they can send my Admitted Student Portfolio (how official sounding) over in January. Excited!

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:43 pm

emkay625 wrote:
elibrarian wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Welcome! Are you a for sure future classmate??


90 percent. the only way i won't attend is if Michigan, uva, or penn let me in. All 3 of these things are unlikely.

ETA: even then i will probably choose nu. I have no desire to live in ann arbor, charlottesville, or philly.


Chicago is pretty much the greatest city ever :)

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:08 pm

elibrarian wrote:Just got an email confirming my address so they can send my Admitted Student Portfolio (how official sounding) over in January. Excited!


Same!!! This is nuts!!! Best week ever!!!!

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby emkay625 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 pm

JustE wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got an email confirming my address so they can send my Admitted Student Portfolio (how official sounding) over in January. Excited!


Same!!! This is nuts!!! Best week ever!!!!


+1 more!

Can we start making asw plans? pretty please?

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby elibrarian » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 pm

emkay625 wrote:
JustE wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got an email confirming my address so they can send my Admitted Student Portfolio (how official sounding) over in January. Excited!


Same!!! This is nuts!!! Best week ever!!!!


+1 more!

Can we start making asw plans? pretty please?


:( I am so sad I can't go to ASW. Stupid wedding.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:33 pm

emkay625 wrote:
JustE wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got an email confirming my address so they can send my Admitted Student Portfolio (how official sounding) over in January. Excited!


Same!!! This is nuts!!! Best week ever!!!!


+1 more!

Can we start making asw plans? pretty please?
I just started checking flight prices. $400 to fly non-stop at reasonable times of day, bleh. (I don't remember the last time I paid less than $400 for a plane ticket. Portland is not on the way to anywhere, apparently.)

I'm planning on staying until probably Tuesday to do apartment-hunting.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:51 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
JustE wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Just got an email confirming my address so they can send my Admitted Student Portfolio (how official sounding) over in January. Excited!


Same!!! This is nuts!!! Best week ever!!!!


+1 more!

Can we start making asw plans? pretty please?
I just started checking flight prices. $400 to fly non-stop at reasonable times of day, bleh. (I don't remember the last time I paid less than $400 for a plane ticket. Portland is not on the way to anywhere, apparently.)

I'm planning on staying until probably Tuesday to do apartment-hunting.


We should make plans soon! Unfortunately, "Diversity Weekend" is at a different time. I'm really not sure which one I should go to now... Going to call in and ask about this next week. If I had the cash, I'd go to both!

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby anewaphorist » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Congrats, NU admits! Putting in a plug for the Southside, but I'm excited to share Chicago with you guys :)

dtownlove
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015

Postby dtownlove » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:51 pm

emkay625 wrote:
elibrarian wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Welcome! Are you a for sure future classmate??


90 percent. the only way i won't attend is if Michigan, uva, or penn let me in. All 3 of these things are unlikely.

ETA: even then i will probably choose nu. I have no desire to live in ann arbor, charlottesville, or philly.


I am in too!! The ONLY other school I would go to over NW is Michigan, and it's unlikely I'll get in there so right now I am just absolutely ecstatic!! Congratulations everyone!!!




Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest