Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:09 pm

I mean, TBF only about 3 people in NH are considering attending NU, so it's not like there's a shit ton of discussion about the NU ASW outside of this thread. All that's happened is scarlet and I made some tentative plans with TLSP and Ginj (neither of which are attending the actual ASW) to get a hotel room together for the ASW dates. (:

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:11 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I mean, TBF only about 3 people in NH are considering attending NU, so it's not like there's a shit ton of discussion about the NU ASW outside of this thread. All that's happened is scarlet and I made some tentative plans with TLSP and Ginj (neither of which are attending the actual ASW) to get a hotel room together for the ASW dates. (:
Well, I suppose that's all right, then. :P Just don't be planning anything awesome without us!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:13 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I mean, TBF only about 3 people in NH are considering attending NU, so it's not like there's a shit ton of discussion about the NU ASW outside of this thread. All that's happened is scarlet and I made some tentative plans with TLSP and Ginj (neither of which are attending the actual ASW) to get a hotel room together for the ASW dates. (:
Well, I suppose that's all right, then. :P Just don't be planning anything awesome without us!

I would never!!! I love you all wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much :mrgreen: <3

But seriously though let's do some planning of a hangout time ITT!!! What do y'all want to do? We should go bar hopping at some point :D

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:14 pm

I feel like this question has probably been answered already, but is it better to fly into Midway or O'Hare for the purposes of getting into downtown Chicago?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:19 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:I feel like this question has probably been answered already, but is it better to fly into Midway or O'Hare for the purposes of getting into downtown Chicago?

I've never flown into Midway and I've always had a ride from O'Hare to downtown, so...I'm useless ):

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby dakure » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Fly to Midway. The blue line goes from Midway to State street. Then you can take a bus/walk to NU.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:21 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:I feel like this question has probably been answered already, but is it better to fly into Midway or O'Hare for the purposes of getting into downtown Chicago?

I've only flown in once (O'Hare), but from what I understand they're pretty much the same. Both are a ~$40 taxi ride, or a 1-train-change subway ride away from downtown.
This time I'm flying into Midway since I'm flying Southwest. I might look into reserving a spot on a shuttle. Cheaper than a taxi but less trouble than the subway.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Fast Times at NU ASW: now being planned in NH :)

You trickster, you. ;)

cactuar, I normally fly in and out of O'Hare as well, but I have flown out of Midway once and the rail system is convenient for both airports. O'Hare is just the bigger one out of the two. I'd fly into whichever one is cheapest.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Fast Times at NU ASW: now being planned in NH :)

You trickster, you. ;)

cactuar, I normally fly in and out of O'Hare as well, but I haveve flown out of Midway once and the rail system is convenient for both airports. O'Hare is just the bigger one out of the two. I'd fly into whichever one is cheapest.


:-D I got overexcited about the world's most epic hotel room :)

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:24 pm

dakure wrote:Fly to Midway. The blue line goes from Midway to State street. Then you can take a bus/walk to NU.


Sweet, thanks dude!

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:29 pm

dakure wrote:Fly to Midway. The blue line goes from Midway to State street. Then you can take a bus/walk to NU.

:?: :?:
The only line that goes to Midway is Orange, and you'd have to change to red or green to get north to downtown.

Blue goes to O'Hare, and it might get close enough to walk.
http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/ ... ainmap.png

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby dakure » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
dakure wrote:Fly to Midway. The blue line goes from Midway to State street. Then you can take a bus/walk to NU.

:?: :?:
The only line that goes to Midway is Orange, and you'd have to change to red or green to get north to downtown.

Blue goes to O'Hare, and it might get close enough to walk.
http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/ ... ainmap.png

Neeeevermind. I meant Orange, not blue. And I've walked from State street to NU before and i didn't change trains.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:01 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Fast Times at NU ASW: now being planned in NH :)

You trickster, you. ;)

cactuar, I normally fly in and out of O'Hare as well, but I haveve flown out of Midway once and the rail system is convenient for both airports. O'Hare is just the bigger one out of the two. I'd fly into whichever one is cheapest.


:-D I got overexcited about the world's most epic hotel room :)

RIGHTLY SO <3 :mrgreen:

gatorlaw
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby gatorlaw » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:31 pm

Soooo my 6-8 weeks (from Dec1) are up and I haven't heard anything from NW. Rejected? Slow cycle?

Any insight on this?

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm

gatorlaw wrote:Soooo my 6-8 weeks (from Dec1) are up and I haven't heard anything from NW. Rejected? Slow cycle?

Any insight on this?


I think this has been discussed extensively in the NU applicants thread and it seemed like a flame war was about to erupt but was narrowly avoided.

Anyway, consensus seems to point to slow cycle.

User avatar
Kikero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby Kikero » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 pm

gatorlaw wrote:Soooo my 6-8 weeks (from Dec1) are up and I haven't heard anything from NW. Rejected? Slow cycle?

Any insight on this?


Someone else asked this in the NU Applicants thread. As I said there, I got a very nice offer in February (last year) after applying in November (also last year :P ) and there is a graph on the first page of that thread that shows admits are not out of the ordinary in February:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=162897

gatorlaw
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby gatorlaw » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Kikero wrote:
gatorlaw wrote:Soooo my 6-8 weeks (from Dec1) are up and I haven't heard anything from NW. Rejected? Slow cycle?

Any insight on this?


Someone else asked this in the NU Applicants thread. As I said there, I got a very nice offer in February (last year) after applying in November (also last year :P ) and there is a graph on the first page of that thread that shows admits are not out of the ordinary in February:

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 7&t=162897


Thanks!! I asked on here, hoping perhaps you guys would have some insight.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:31 am

Ever so creepily I have facebook friended a group of you from the NU FB group :mrgreen: I'm a stalker...

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby cactuarX3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:06 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Ever so creepily I have facebook friended a group of you from the NU FB group :mrgreen: I'm a stalker...


GAH! They still refuse to approve my request to join for some reason...

User avatar
Kikero
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby Kikero » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:11 am

cactuarX3 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Ever so creepily I have facebook friended a group of you from the NU FB group :mrgreen: I'm a stalker...


GAH! They still refuse to approve my request to join for some reason...


Have they actually declined your request or just not answered it? I've been waiting for a couple of days, and I notice that the group has the same number of members as when I first sent a request. It might just be that the group admin hasn't been on the page recently.

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby tdicks » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 am

Got my portfolio yesterday! I was too exhausted after about 48 hours of not sleeping I only looked at the pictures, but after a 16 hour coma I will be ready to actually read it when I get home from work. :)

So jealous of all the ASW goers. Any chance they'll add a zero to my reimbusement check? $150 isn't much help on a plane ticket from China... On the upside, I will definitely be there in August, so I'll meet those of you who make the right choice then ;)

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby cactuarX3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:22 am

Kikero wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Ever so creepily I have facebook friended a group of you from the NU FB group :mrgreen: I'm a stalker...


GAH! They still refuse to approve my request to join for some reason...


Have they actually declined your request or just not answered it? I've been waiting for a couple of days, and I notice that the group has the same number of members as when I first sent a request. It might just be that the group admin hasn't been on the page recently.


Not answered it as far as I know.

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby elibrarian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:42 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Ever so creepily I have facebook friended a group of you from the NU FB group :mrgreen: I'm a stalker...


;)

I love me some creepiness.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:29 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Ever so creepily I have facebook friended a group of you from the NU FB group :mrgreen: I'm a stalker...
Eeek! :wink: I'm not sure I want you to know how boring I am before we even get to Chicago.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Ever so creepily I have facebook friended a group of you from the NU FB group :mrgreen: I'm a stalker...


GAH! They still refuse to approve my request to join for some reason...

+1.

:(.




Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest