Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
franklyscarlet

Gold

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Post by franklyscarlet » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:35 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:So I think we have enough people bringing booze to the meet-up; I'm thinking about changing my item to pizza. Is Gino's okay with everyone? I know some people have pretty strict preferences when it comes to deep-dish pizza... I'm impartial, it's all delicious to me.
I put booze, but on second thought, TSA might frown on me bringing many texas-shaped bottles of tequila in my carry-on. I'll have to come up with something else. Also, pizza sounds delicious.

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:12 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:So I think we have enough people bringing booze to the meet-up; I'm thinking about changing my item to pizza. Is Gino's okay with everyone? I know some people have pretty strict preferences when it comes to deep-dish pizza... I'm impartial, it's all delicious to me.
Pizza sounds pretty amazing!

and yay for trolling TLS on the weekend!

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Wow, sorry for missing this! But looks like Crumps already beat me to it in the admissions thread.
franklyscarlet wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:Did anyone get the admit packet yet?! I got mine - it's an awesome Northwestern portfolio full of awesome information. Awesomeness!

You will all learn at ASW that I'm an especially sophisticated person - especially in my choice of language and stuff. Also, yay to more new classmates!
I forgot to say this-- pictures, Kenneth?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:You will all learn at ASW that I'm an especially sophisticated person - especially in my choice of language and stuff. Also, yay to more new classmates!
oh, I forgot to say this when i initially read it, but I DEFINITELY read this part of your post in Kenneth's voice. Loveeee :mrgreen: :lol:

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Does anyone else think that with the new ED scholarship Northwestern's ranking is going go up in the next years?

To me, it seems to make sense: people with higher #s who would have gone to HYSCCN go to NU because of the money, thereby increasing the LSAT/GPA medians, possibly increasing job placement #s, etc. and then increasing rankings.

At any rate, it would be another great reason to attend NU!

P.S. anyone else read their strategic plan 2008? makes it sound like we're all getting JD/mini-MBAs

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thisisme

New

Post by thisisme » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:16 pm

-
Last edited by thisisme on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:15 am

Sigh. I give up, Northwestern. You are simply too charming for me to resist. I will be attending your Admitted Students Weekend, when you will undoubtedly make it even that much more difficult for me to stay in California.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:20 am

tjddk wrote:Sigh. I give up, Northwestern. You are simply too charming for me to resist. I will be attending your Admitted Students Weekend, when you will undoubtedly make it even that much more difficult for me to stay in California.
Yessss! Another convert!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 am

tjddk wrote:Sigh. I give up, Northwestern. You are simply too charming for me to resist. I will be attending your Admitted Students Weekend, when you will undoubtedly make it even that much more difficult for me to stay in California.
YESSSSS!!! Come on now, I'm gonna need some other California people to suffer along with me this winter :P <3 We can start a coping group together. LOL.

On another note, done with Need Access and FAFSA. Good lawd, that was annoying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 am

crumpetsandtea wrote: YESSSSS!!! Come on now, I'm gonna need some other California people to suffer along with me this winter :P <3 We can start a coping group together. LOL.

I suppose this is karma... I've definitely sent weather reports/pictures of sunbathing in February to friends on the east coast...

Has anyone else noticed that there's a Northwestern Association of Wine Tasters Extraordinaire? It's like NU and I were meant to be...

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
YESSSSS!!! Come on now, I'm gonna need some other California people to suffer along with me this winter :P <3 We can start a coping group together. LOL.

consider me a founding member of this coping group. brace yourself guys, i heard it's not only the winters that are cold, but the summers are also unbelievably hot and humid (with mosquitos as a bonus)

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:50 am

cactuarX3 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

consider me a founding member of this coping group. brace yourself guys, i heard it's not only the winters that are cold, but the summers are also unbelievably hot and humid (with mosquitos as a bonus)
Indeed, the summers are hot, humid and buggy. And don't forget about the tornadoes! Midwestern weather is pretty miserable. But hey, it's what gives us character. Or something.

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:00 am

Hello everybody!

I probably should have checked in a long time ago (I applied with Class of 2014 but deferred), but I haven't been on TLS in a couple of months.

I look forward to meeting everyone, it looks like we've got a good group here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Yay, rinkrat (and the rest of us) has a new buddy!
Kikero wrote:Hello everybody!

I probably should have checked in a long time ago (I applied with Class of 2014 but deferred), but I haven't been on TLS in a couple of months.

I look forward to meeting everyone, it looks like we've got a good group here.

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Oh but the spring (all two days of it) is glorious. Also, when the flowers start blooming after the long, dreary, miserable winter - that's pretty wonderful too.
Samara wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Indeed, the summers are hot, humid and buggy. And don't forget about the tornadoes! Midwestern weather is pretty miserable. But hey, it's what gives us character. Or something.

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 pm

I've never lived in Chicago, but I've visited a few times, and the early fall didn't seem too bad either (mid-September to early October). Maybe I was just lucky though.

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Kikero wrote:I've never lived in Chicago, but I've visited a few times, and the early fall didn't seem too bad either (mid-September to early October). Maybe I was just lucky though.
Late-April to early-June is also ok. The rest of the year, not so much.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Noooo....these comments make me scurred. I'm a BIG fan of dry heat. HATE humidity. ):

Maybe I can convince to SO to come back to California with me after LS...

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Noooo....these comments make me scurred. I'm a BIG fan of dry heat. HATE humidity. ):

That's easy. Middle of February, you should do a trip to southern California... I don't think it will take much more convincing than that.

But on the bright side, humidity is wonderful for my skin/hair. So yay?

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Coming from Ohio, we had similar weather-- you'll develop a curious love of it (or hate it and GTFO in 3 years) :-D

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 pm

tjddk wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Noooo....these comments make me scurred. I'm a BIG fan of dry heat. HATE humidity. ):

That's easy. Middle of February, you should do a trip to southern California... I don't think it will take much more convincing than that.

But on the bright side, humidity is wonderful for my skin/hair. So yay?
:lol: Troof. He's been to California though....hmmm. Will have to continue to brainstorm devious plans.

Humidity sucks for my skin/hair. Makes me break out + hair gets frizzy. So I hope y'all are excited for my fugliness next year 8)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

elibrarian

Bronze

Post by elibrarian » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Am going to Chicago tomorrow morning to say hello to Northwestern and express my undying love (and look at far too many apartments).

Thought you all should know.

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:03 pm

elibrarian wrote:Am going to Chicago tomorrow morning to say hello to Northwestern and express my undying love (and look at far too many apartments).

Would love to get your opinion on the different neighborhoods that you are seeing! (to help with my own potential search later on)

After your trip, if you could comment on the following things for the neighborhoods you saw:

1) Price range
2) Quality of life
3) Proximity to the campus/Difficulty to get to the campus (i.e. public transportation options, etc.)

Obviously, I'm clueless about Chicago so your help will be MUCH APPRECIATED! Enjoy your trip!

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
elibrarian wrote:Am going to Chicago tomorrow morning to say hello to Northwestern and express my undying love (and look at far too many apartments).

Would love to get your opinion on the different neighborhoods that you are seeing! (to help with my own potential search later on)

After your trip, if you could comment on the following things for the neighborhoods you saw:

1) Price range
2) Quality of life
3) Proximity to the campus/Difficulty to get to the campus (i.e. public transportation options, etc.)

Obviously, I'm clueless about Chicago so your help will be MUCH APPRECIATED! Enjoy your trip!
+1. If we could con you into doing all of our housing search work for us that would be wonderful. : )

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:47 pm

The new thread title makes me smile.

Also, the more days that go by, the more I think about just withdrawing all of my pending/waitlisted apps and just sending in my seat deposit to nu now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”