Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
elibrarian

Re: Northwestern c/o 2015 - leading the T14 in bacon consumption

Postby elibrarian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Guys, check out what the MBA students did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij_QZE8OM4g

Challenge accepted?

Um, this challenge is absolutely accepted!

In.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:19 pm

elibrarian wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Guys, check out what the MBA students did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij_QZE8OM4g

Challenge accepted?

Um, this challenge is absolutely accepted!

In.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 pm

x-post from the other thread, but I have a bed I'll be looking to get rid of at the start of August. It's a full size mattress and box springs. Got them in mid-2009. I have the metal frame also, but it's generally shitty. Let me know if you wanna buy it for cheap.

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 pm

I know it's kind of early, but I don't care. What else am I going to do at work all day?

Who's up for some fantasy football? We got some interest before and now that our class is pretty much solidified, I'm going to start recruiting players. Fantasy football is really fun, even if you're just a casual NFL fan. If you're interested, fill out my short survey and we can start formulating our league. Hopefully, we can put a league together this summer and hold our draft in-person during orientation week.

And don't worry, no one is too novice for this league. I myself have only played twice before and there are a lot of resources out there to help you be competitive with just a few minutes devoted each week. If you are interested in playing, but don't want the responsibility of your own team, there's always the option of co-managing with a more experienced player. If you are interested in that, make a note at the end of the survey.

dolfan0516

Postby dolfan0516 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Samara wrote:I know it's kind of early, but I don't care. What else am I going to do at work all day?

Who's up for some fantasy football? We got some interest before and now that our class is pretty much solidified, I'm going to start recruiting players. Fantasy football is really fun, even if you're just a casual NFL fan. If you're interested, fill out my short survey and we can start formulating our league. Hopefully, we can put a league together this summer and hold our draft in-person during orientation week.

And don't worry, no one is too novice for this league. I myself have only played twice before and there are a lot of resources out there to help you be competitive with just a few minutes devoted each week. If you are interested in playing, but don't want the responsibility of your own team, there's always the option of co-managing with a more experienced player. If you are interested in that, make a note at the end of the survey.

In in in in in.

splitsplat

Postby splitsplat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm

never tried a fantasy league, but it does sound kinda fun.

Samara

Postby Samara » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:17 pm

splitsplat wrote:never tried a fantasy league, but it does sound kinda fun.

It's SUPER fun. Especially when it's with a group of people you see on a regular basis, like co-workers or classmates. You should totally sign up!

kennethellenparcell

Postby kennethellenparcell » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:21 pm

You guys have all registered for the half marathon in September, right? The price increases $10 if you register after tomorrow.

http://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/

Because I shared this information, I fully expect the NU law runner who wins the half to share their Craft/Karhu gift certificate with me so I can buy this gorgeous halter top http://shop.craftsports.us/elite-body-control-bib-m-black-multi-color.html

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:04 am

Samara wrote:

It's SUPER fun. Especially when it's with a group of people you see on a regular basis, like co-workers or classmates. You should totally sign up!

Any room for a 2L who loves fantasy?

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 am

Icculus wrote:
Samara wrote:

Sure! Just fill out the survey. And pay an entry fee of two class outlines. :wink:

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Samara wrote:
Icculus wrote:
Samara wrote:

Sure! Just fill out the survey. And pay an entry fee of two class outlines. :wink:

Funny, I was going to give outlines away for free.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Icculus wrote:Funny, I was going to give outlines away for free.

Well then we better get the EXCLUSIVE outlines with all the HOT TIPS, including TEN SECRETS TO DESTROYING THE CURVE and GUNNING THE GUNNERS: HOW I CLAWED MY WAY TO THE TOP.

kerflux

Postby kerflux » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Samara wrote:

Well then we better get the EXCLUSIVE outlines with all the HOT TIPS, including TEN SECRETS TO DESTROYING THE CURVE and GUNNING THE GUNNERS: HOW I CLAWED MY WAY TO THE TOP.

I lol'd at the second title. I think you have a talent for titling exposés.

Anyone having any luck with their apartment search? How far away can I look before it becomes unreasonable to expect to walk to school? I have been looking at places about a mile out - is this unrealistic?

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:25 pm

kerflux wrote:
Samara wrote:

Anyone having any luck with their apartment search? How far away can I look before it becomes unreasonable to expect to walk to school? I have been looking at places about a mile out - is this unrealistic?

tyty

If you want to be within a 15-minute walk of Rubloff, you're looking at Streeterville, the very very east end of River North and the southeast 40% of Gold Coast. Your boundary is approximately the arc from Lake Shore and Division, down through Lasalle and Chicago, State and Illinois, with the river capping off the south boundary.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot in that area in terms of affordable studio apts. If you instead base your search on a 15-20 minute bus ride, you can go out to end of River North or so along Chicago, or all the way up to Lakeview on the express bus. In Lincoln Park and Lakeview, you can get a lot more for your money or get a cheaper place if that's what you want.

splitsplat

Postby splitsplat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Apartment search is SPS. That being said, if you are willing to take on a roommate, you can get a much nicer place than if you were only looking at studios/convertible and small/junior 1 bedrooms.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:07 pm

kerflux wrote:
Samara wrote:

Just remember that you will be walking to school in December to February when it will be 15 degrees with wind coming off the lake.

krushktk

Postby krushktk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Speaking of apartments, please let me into the fb group, so I can start looking for a roommate.

splitsplat

Postby splitsplat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Pretty annoyed at the facebook overlords, they won't let me in the facebook group, even sent them a message :evil:

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:26 am

PM Eugenie Danglars, she has said she might be able to contact the FB group mods IRL.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:31 am

I dunno who is in charge of the facebook group, but just remember they are students with summer jobs so monitoring the incoming class facebook group probably isn't high on their priority list. Rising 2Ls are working and doing OCI stuff. Rising 3Ls are working and a lot are grading write on submissions for journals (I assume).

NorthwesternorBust

Postby NorthwesternorBust » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 am

In for fantasy.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 am

rinkrat19 wrote:PM Eugenie Danglars, she has said she might be able to contact the FB group mods IRL.

Please don't hate the student mods- I checked, and they're only supposed to let in people on the "official list." Over the summer, it's not been getting updated with any sort of frequency, so there's not a lot they can do. :-/

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 am

NorthwesternorBust wrote:In for fantasy.

Awesome! Anyone else?

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:PM Eugenie Danglars, she has said she might be able to contact the FB group mods IRL.

Please don't hate the student mods- I checked, and they're only supposed to let in people on the "official list." Over the summer, it's not been getting updated with any sort of frequency, so there's not a lot they can do. :-/

I requested to join recently and was added within a day or two. But I've probably been on the official list for several months, so my experience corroborates their list not getting updated.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

Samara wrote:
NorthwesternorBust wrote:In for fantasy.

Awesome! Anyone else?

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'll join.

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”