Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
franklyscarlet

Re: Northwestern c/o 2015 - leading the T14 in bacon consumption

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Thinking of debt makes me all nervy, so I'm going to think instead about how excited I am to move to Chicago in 2 weeks :D Of course, in a week or so when my citizenship stuff clears and I can see my loans, reality will set in.

lillawyer

Postby lillawyer » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Hey all, I'm a graduating NU student looking for someone to take over my apartment starting August 1st. It's a great vintage studio near NU Law. So as not to spam TLS I'll link to my post in another forum with the full details:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=185767

splitsplat

Postby splitsplat » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:00 pm

PM'ed

NorthwesternorBust

Postby NorthwesternorBust » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Just signed my lease! Excited to meet you all!

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm selling my printer since my gf is moving in and hers is wireless which = awesomeness. The one that I'm selling is a Brother HL-2240 (LinkRemoved). It does auto duplex, which is a LIFESAVER, and it's quite snappy. Comes with power cord and USB cord.

Asking $50 obo. Thought I'd give you guys first crack at it- yay NU newbies!

Revolver066

Postby Revolver066 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking for a place to live near campus, so if anyone needs a roommate or wants to look for a place, shoot me a PM. (move-in date in August, non-smoker). thanks!

cactuarX3

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:33 am

Signed a lease for an apartment. Shit just got REAL.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:00 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I'm selling my printer since my gf is moving in and hers is wireless which = awesomeness. The one that I'm selling is a Brother HL-2240 (LinkRemoved). It does auto duplex, which is a LIFESAVER, and it's quite snappy. Comes with power cord and USB cord.

Asking $50 obo. Thought I'd give you guys first crack at it- yay NU newbies!

Congrats! Though I do not need a new printer.

NorthwesternorBust

Postby NorthwesternorBust » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:Signed a lease for an apartment. Shit just got REAL.

Signing my lease tomorrow. Excited!

foxylaxy

Postby foxylaxy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:26 pm

:shock: Call from U Chi Dean of Admissions telling me she wants to put my file in the next group to consider for admits. I think she is crazy, but I'm going with it.

I know this isn't U Chi, but I'm just letting you know-because I was already attached to NU. I still intend to go to all possible Thursday outings whatever happens (can't make this one though)
Will see you in 2 Thursdays, Kennethellenparcell (and all else who are attending)!

ETA: I will respond to the triathalon, housing etc. stuffs I read about before I was called this morning when my brain is functioning a little better.

elizcbeth

Postby elizcbeth » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:31 pm

How is everyone signing their lease already??

Also, hi! Long time lurker :)

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 pm

foxylaxy wrote::shock: Call from U Chi Dean of Admissions telling me she wants to put my file in the next group to consider for admits. I think she is crazy, but I'm going with it.

I know this isn't U Chi, but I'm just letting you know-because I was already attached to NU. I still intend to go to all possible Thursday outings whatever happens (can't make this one though)
Will see you in 2 Thursdays, Kennethellenparcell (and all else who are attending)!

ETA: I will respond to the triathalon, housing etc. stuffs I read about before I was called this morning when my brain is functioning a little better.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(But seriously, CONGRATS, that is fucking badass :D We'll miss you though, please make the trip out to d/t to hang with us as often as you can!!!!!!!!! <3)

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 pm

foxylaxy wrote::shock: Call from U Chi Dean of Admissions telling me she wants to put my file in the next group to consider for admits. I think she is crazy, but I'm going with it.

If you leave us, you have to at least be our spy. We need to know if any of that RIGOR is going to find its way downtown.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Samara wrote:

If you leave us, you have to at least be our spy. We need to know if any of that RIGOR is going to find its way downtown.

Oh god I hope not.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Just ran across a condo for rent with the entire studio living area walled in floor-to-ceiling mirrors. :shock: What the actual fuck.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:12 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Just ran across a condo for rent with the entire studio living area walled in floor-to-ceiling mirrors. :shock: What the actual fuck.

I worked as a real estate agent for a few years in Boston, and there was a studio apartment that we had listed that had the exact same thing. I asked the owner about it and he claimed he "liked to watch himself as much as possible." I found it a bit creepy.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Icculus wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Just ran across a condo for rent with the entire studio living area walled in floor-to-ceiling mirrors. :shock: What the actual fuck.

I worked as a real estate agent for a few years in Boston, and there was a studio apartment that we had listed that had the exact same thing. I asked the owner about it and he claimed he "liked to watch himself as much as possible." I found it a bit creepy.
It is definitely creepy.

I can't imagine how disorienting it would be to live in a place where you literally can't focus your eyes on the walls, and every direction you look just reflects off into infinity. I would constantly be seeing moving reflections in every direction.

At least the ceiling isn't mirrored, I guess?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm

In case anyone hasn't checked their email (it came to my regular email, not my NLaw one), the pre-matriculation guide for OUR class is up.
https://www.law.northwestern.edu/admiss ... nGuide.pdf

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:In case anyone hasn't checked their email (it came to my regular email, not my NLaw one), the pre-matriculation guide for OUR class is up.

Stupid immunization forms. :evil:

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:In case anyone hasn't checked their email (it came to my regular email, not my NLaw one), the pre-matriculation guide for OUR class is up.

Got mine done a few weeks ago, since I was at the doctor anyway. I need to look up some dates and then my health form is done.

Has anyone done all the loan stuff yet? I've never done that stuff before. Eek.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:

Got mine done a few weeks ago, since I was at the doctor anyway. I need to look up some dates and then my health form is done.

It's really easy. On the entrance loan counseling, the quiz questions and answers are direct quotes from the content that is displayed directly above it. You would have to be illiterate to fail it, if it's even possible to fail. The information is all pretty direct and easily digestible. They provide a lot of technical information at the end, but it's not necessary to read it.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Samara wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:

It's really easy. On the entrance loan counseling, the quiz questions and answers are direct quotes from the content that is displayed directly above it. You would have to be illiterate to fail it, if it's even possible to fail. The information is all pretty direct and easily digestible. They provide a lot of technical information at the end, but it's not necessary to read it.

mine still aren't up. Freaking INS. Got all my health forms done though.

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:59 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:mine still aren't up. Freaking INS. Got all my health forms done though.

That sucks. Good ole glacial-paced federal government. Can't somebody just walk your form over from the INS building to the DOE building?

Corsair

Postby Corsair » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:44 pm

elibrarian

Postby elibrarian » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Corsair wrote:
foxylaxy wrote:I still intend to go to all possible Thursday outings whatever happens (can't make this one though)

Wait, there are outings? Are alums invited?

We set them up on the 2015 class facebook group. all NUers are invited!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”