Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Class of 2015 (now w/ 100% more Scarlet!)

Post by kennethellenparcell » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Corsair wrote:
kennethellenparcell wrote:Both schools are amazing places to be
Correction. Both are amazing places to "have gone." Hyde Park is not an amazing place to "be."
Oh shuddup.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm in for fantasy football.

Also in for the NU trolling. What are you career goals? UChicago's placement is better overall, but much larger for non-biglaw. Also, where do you want to practice? In Chicago, NU is equal to, if not better, than UChicago. And the awesomeness of your classmates has to count for something, no?

ETA: FWIW, I feel like I had the same problem in UG regarding unchallenging classes. I'm not worried about that at NU. It's still a T14
Last edited by Samara on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:55 pm

0000001 wrote:Thanks for all the advice everyone! I didn't mean to highjack this forum with my question and I really appreciate everyone's input.

I got money but not that much from Northwestern, with the cheaper tuition and COL at UChicago its not enough to make a real difference.

I'm going to give myself a week to think on it but I think right now I'm leaning Chicago. :(
cactuarX3 wrote: P.S. You say you "didn't do well" in undergrad but got into Chicago??? I'm guessing that means you got a 3.9 instead of a 4.0...
Actually I was shocked to get in, my gpa is under a 3.3. I really think it was my Why Chicago essay + Kickass LSAT that got me off the wait-list.
FTFY

Good luck, wherever you go!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:22 am

Corsair wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Has anyone used Chicago Apartment Finders and can comment on how good it is?
I used them when I first moved to Chicago. You call them ahead of time to set up an appointment and tell them what price range/type of places you're looking for, then when you arrive they will drive you around to pre-selected places.

You won't see as many places as you would if you personally scoured craigslist, but it did the job for me and took a lot of the hassle out of the process (considering I had flown from Boston to Chicago just for a weekend for the sole purpose of finding an apartment).
You will also likely pay at least $100-200 more than anyone else in your building if you use them...

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:29 am

Samara wrote:I'm in for fantasy football.

Also in for the NU trolling. What are you career goals? UChicago's placement is better overall, but much larger for non-biglaw. Also, where do you want to practice? In Chicago, NU is equal to, if not better, than UChicago. And the awesomeness of your classmates has to count for something, no?

ETA: FWIW, I feel like I had the same problem in UG regarding unchallenging classes. I'm not worried about that at NU. It's still a T14
Quite frankly, if anyone would rather go to UC than NU because the students there are "smarter" and it's "more challenging"...they should go there. No need to go to NU. Really. Have fun tho!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Quite frankly, if anyone would rather go to UC than NU because the students there are "smarter" and it's "more challenging"...they should go there. No need to go to NU. Really. Have fun tho!
:lol: :lol:

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Crashing this forum with a bit of useful advice- READ the Chemerinksy ConLaw book as you go along. It won't take much longer than reading a summary online to refresh your memory of the case, and he does a super job of putting the puzzle pieces together. My life would be so much better right now if I'd done this consistently instead of saving it for review time. <3

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Crashing this forum with a bit of useful advice- READ the Chemerinksy ConLaw book as you go along. It won't take much longer than reading a summary online to refresh your memory of the case, and he does a super job of putting the puzzle pieces together. My life would be so much better right now if I'd done this consistently instead of saving it for review time. <3
Thanks for the advice Eugenie! :mrgreen:

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:24 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:Crashing this forum with a bit of useful advice- READ the Chemerinksy ConLaw book as you go along. It won't take much longer than reading a summary online to refresh your memory of the case, and he does a super job of putting the puzzle pieces together. My life would be so much better right now if I'd done this consistently instead of saving it for review time. <3
Yes, thank you! And any other advice you want to throw our way this fall would be much appreciated. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Yes, thank you! And any other advice you want to throw our way this fall would be much appreciated. :wink:
Absolutely. I will probably post the Eugenie guide to the profs I had over the summer :-)

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Absolutely. I will probably post the Eugenie guide to the profs I had over the summer :-)
haha, awesome. I eagerly await what will likely be one of the most useful posts I've ever read on TLS.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Diu Mi Ho. It was a very unfortunate name for an ESL student in my hs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 am

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:54 am

franklyscarlet wrote:I'll Just leave this here...

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/6/de ... ce-classes#
Saw that and totally thought of you.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 am

Corsair wrote:

Looking for someone to tango with? (I can't see myself doing ballet, can you imagine me in tights?)
:-D no, not so much. I was thinking ballet classes, but I'm not opposed to tango.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 am

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:18 am

Corsair wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Corsair wrote:

Looking for someone to tango with? (I can't see myself doing ballet, can you imagine me in tights?)
:-D no, not so much. I was thinking ballet classes, but I'm not opposed to tango.
Tango it is! Now you just have to leave god forsaken Texas.
6 weeks left (provided I can get an apartment in time). the clock moves slower with each one.

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 am

franklyscarlet wrote: 6 weeks left (provided I can get an apartment in time). the clock moves slower with each one.
I know. I've actually started to count off days until I am done with work (and my job isn't even that bad).

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:54 am

Kikero wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote: 6 weeks left (provided I can get an apartment in time). the clock moves slower with each one.
I know. I've actually started to count off days until I am done with work (and my job isn't even that bad).
agreed. I also wish the darn apartment building would get back to me already.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 am

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:17 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
Kikero wrote:
I'm having the opposite problem of seeing apartments I like available NOW/May and not being able to do anything about it...

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:22 pm

tjddk wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
Kikero wrote:
I'm having the opposite problem of seeing apartments I like available NOW/May and not being able to do anything about it...
same problem here. they told me to come back in early June to see what's available for August so I might just take another trip out there for a weekend and sign something

kennethellenparcell

Bronze

Post by kennethellenparcell » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Samara wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Thank you Eugenie!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”