Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
lgleye

Bronze

Re: Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties

Post by lgleye » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Go to class and find out their teaching style - is it straight black-letter law, or more case-oriented? From there you can figure out what will help with you. The Glannon E&E for Civ Pro is great, but as mentioned earlier it might not be all that helpful unless your prof teaches relatively BLL.

jeninamillion

New

Post by jeninamillion » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
lgleye wrote:
Georgia Avenue wrote:No. Law bookstore is in Abbott Hall.
Thanks so much.......... do you think books are availabel by now? I'll be moved in on August 18th.........
If you buy them all at the bookstore, you'll pay around $1200. Let me show you this great thing called...................."the internet."
You have free Amazon Prime. Take advantage of it. Also, people have had your classes and your books before. Take advantage of them.
How do we get free Amazon Prime? I had it for a year last year because I was a student but it's saying I have to renew at $50 a year (which isn't that much, but I'd rather get it for free).

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Use your new NU address for another free year.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Samara wrote:Use your new NU address for another free year.
And since you can make up to three nicknames on the NU mail system...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:14 pm

lgleye wrote:Just found out I've got Tim Brennan as for Contracts and T. Grove for CivPro. OutlineDepot only has Brenna as having taught Tax, and nothing on Grove (probably new). Any of you post-iL's ever had them for these courses?
Brennan has taught contracts several times and people love him. Grove is visiting from William and Mary, and according to a friend there people love her, too.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:19 pm

lgleye wrote:Just found out I've got Tim Brennan as for Contracts and T. Grove for CivPro. OutlineDepot only has Brenna as having taught Tax, and nothing on Grove (probably new). Any of you post-iL's ever had them for these courses?
This is the class of 2015 thread so you might get better responses in this thread

lgleye

Bronze

Post by lgleye » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lgleye

Bronze

Post by lgleye » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dolfan0516

Bronze

Post by dolfan0516 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:12 pm

lgleye wrote:
Bumi wrote:
Brennan has taught contracts several times and people love him. Grove is visiting from William and Mary, and according to a friend there people love her, too.
Just went onto Outlinedepot and found a Susan Grover who taught CivPro there at William & Mary. Howver, my schedule says "T. Grove" for CivPro......... are you sure we're taling about the same CivPro professor? Thanks for verifying.
You have the wrong person. This is our professor- http://law2.wm.edu/faculty/bios/fulltim ... hp?svr=law

lgleye

Bronze

Post by lgleye » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 pm

NorthwesternorBust

Silver

Post by NorthwesternorBust » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:01 pm

hooray for embarrassingly awful customer service from Amazon.... simply trying to set up an Amazon Prime free membership and apparently my email address has already been used? I rather doubt that. They want a school photo ID... good luck with that at this point, guess they don't want my business.

Starboy

New

Post by Starboy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Hey all, checking in here. Native Chicagoan (well, technically suburbs), just got in off the waitlist. If you all have any questions about 1990's Chicago Bulls-related minutia or THE place to scream for hot dogs at 2am, I am at your service!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Starboy

New

Post by Starboy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:10 pm

NorthwesternorBust wrote:hooray for embarrassingly awful customer service from Amazon.... simply trying to set up an Amazon Prime free membership and apparently my email address has already been used? I rather doubt that. They want a school photo ID... good luck with that at this point, guess they don't want my business.
Amazon Prime is awesome. I'm assuming you're trying to get the free six month trial with a student email address?

If they say your email address is already in use, there is a trick you can use for most sites (don't know if it works specifically with amazon though). Say your school email is northwesternorbust@nlaw.northwestern.edu. If you add northwesternorbust+amazon@nlaw.northwestern.edu, it will automatically redirect all of your emails to your normal northwesternorbust@nlaw.northwestern.edu inbox but most sites will recognize it as a completely different email address. Note you can add northwesternorbust+anything and it will work, just using amazon for this example.

NorthwesternorBust

Silver

Post by NorthwesternorBust » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Starboy wrote:
NorthwesternorBust wrote:hooray for embarrassingly awful customer service from Amazon.... simply trying to set up an Amazon Prime free membership and apparently my email address has already been used? I rather doubt that. They want a school photo ID... good luck with that at this point, guess they don't want my business.
Amazon Prime is awesome. I'm assuming you're trying to get the free six month trial with a student email address?

If they say your email address is already in use, there is a trick you can use for most sites (don't know if it works specifically with amazon though). Say your school email is northwesternorbust@nlaw.northwestern.edu. If you add northwesternorbust+amazon@nlaw.northwestern.edu, it will automatically redirect all of your emails to your normal northwesternorbust@nlaw.northwestern.edu inbox but most sites will recognize it as a completely different email address. Note you can add northwesternorbust+anything and it will work, just using amazon for this example.
Problem is, I've never typed this email address into anything. I think I'll take my business to a company a little more competent.

lgleye

Bronze

Post by lgleye » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:35 pm

lgleye

Bronze

Post by lgleye » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

basilseal

Bronze

Post by basilseal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Can anyone tell me if there are Chicago-based meetups going on before school starts? Not in the facebook group.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm

basilseal wrote:Can anyone tell me if there are Chicago-based meetups going on before school starts? Not in the facebook group.
"Not in the facebook group" as in you're not in the facebook group, or meetups other than the ones being planned in the facebook group?

There's at least one happy hour meetup per week. People are meeting at Public House at 4pm tomorrow.

basilseal

Bronze

Post by basilseal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
basilseal wrote:Can anyone tell me if there are Chicago-based meetups going on before school starts? Not in the facebook group.
"Not in the facebook group" as in you're not in the facebook group, or meetups other than the ones being planned in the facebook group?

There's at least one happy hour meetup per week. People are meeting at Public House at 4pm tomorrow.
Haha yes, that's less than clear. I mean I'm not in the facebook group, although if there are double-secret meetups going on those sound cool too. Thanks for the info.

eschewinganonymity

New

Post by eschewinganonymity » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Hey Everyone,

I only decided recently that I will be attending NU (got in off the waitlist) and am super excited. I read though all 82 pages of this thread before posting :shock: and I can safely say that this wasn't covered...

Anyone have any information on the Day of Public Servce - i.e. what it entails etc? I read that you need 50 hours before you graduate but I was unable to figure out exactly what exactly it is...

Thanks

ETA: Never mind - if you do the survey and check yes to either day of public service, it provides a very thorough explanation on the following page.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

krushktk

New

Post by krushktk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:43 pm

eschewinganonymity wrote:Hey Everyone,

I only decided recently that I will be attending NU (got in off the waitlist) and am super excited. I read though all 82 pages of this thread before posting :shock: and I can safely say that this wasn't covered...

Anyone have any information on the Day of Public Servce - i.e. what it entails etc? I read that you need 50 hours before you graduate but I was unable to figure out exactly what exactly it is...

Thanks

ETA: Never mind - if you do the survey and check yes to either day of public service, it provides a very thorough explanation on the following page.
Where is the password to the survey?

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:34 pm

It was in the e-mail. In case you're lazy it's wigmore.

krushktk

New

Post by krushktk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm

splitsplat wrote:It was in the e-mail. In case you're lazy it's wigmore.
Thanks very much.

terriers

New

Post by terriers » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Does anybody remember if there was supposed to be a dress code for orientation? I thought I remembered reading something about business casual, but now I can't find it. I'm hoping there isn't, but it probably wouldn't be good to be the only person there in a t-shirt.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”