Northwestern c/o 2015 - Coming up: Clown car Ikea parties Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Northwestern c/o 2015 - leading the T14 in bacon consumption

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Oh joy, our financial aid packages will be available to view on CAESAR in a few hours. I can hardly wait to see exactly how many zeros are in that loan!!! :shock:

ETA: Akshually, mine is up now.

...I need a drink.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:17 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Oh joy, our financial aid packages will be available to view on CAESAR in a few hours. I can hardly wait to see exactly how many zeros are in that loan!!! :shock:

...I need a drink.
Isn't the COA nearing $80k?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Flips88 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Oh joy, our financial aid packages will be available to view on CAESAR in a few hours. I can hardly wait to see exactly how many zeros are in that loan!!! :shock:

...I need a drink.
Yep, squeaking in right under the line at $79,628 (including the computer)

I'm a bit concerned that I can't find any place where my THREE $750 deposits paid show up. :|

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

...I need a drink.

I'm a bit concerned that I can't find any place where my THREE $750 deposits paid show up. :|
I see my (one) deposit under Student Center --> View My Account (real time, daily activity) --> View your Unapplied Deposits (under column "Grand totals," where it looks like they haven't registered your deposits)

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm

I thought they just sent out an email about how deposits wouldn't show up yet but they've received yours?

This is the email from my inbox:
The Admissions Office has received your tuition deposit.  We are very pleased to learn of your intention to enroll at Northwestern Law, and we are excited to have you as a member of our community.

Your tuition deposit is currently being processed by other administrative offices at the University. Please be aware that processing times can sometimes be lengthy; rest assured that your seat in the incoming class is secure during the processing period. We thank you in advance for your patience.

We look forward to welcoming you to the incoming JD class. Should you need anything over the course of the summer, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:28 pm

tjddk wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

...I need a drink.

I see my (one) deposit under Student Center --> View My Account (real time, daily activity) --> View your Unapplied Deposits (under column "Grand totals," where it looks like they haven't registered your deposits)
Yeah, I looked there. I remember at one point (when I'd only paid 2 of the 3), they showed up there, but now there's nothing there. I didn't pay any of them online in CAESER. Two by check via mail and one by check in person. MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE, RINKRAT'S AN IDIOT. OMG, there they are. How could I stare at that page so many times and still miss the link?

Well, I wouldn't still be on their entering class list if they hadn't gotten my money, I suppose. Or at least they would have bugged me about paying it.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:28 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:I thought they just sent out an email about how deposits wouldn't show up yet but they've received yours?

The Admissions Office has received your tuition deposit.  We are very pleased to learn of your intention to enroll at Northwestern Law, and we are excited to have you as a member of our community.

Your tuition deposit is currently being processed by other administrative offices at the University. Please be aware that processing times can sometimes be lengthy; rest assured that your seat in the incoming class is secure during the processing period. We thank you in advance for your patience.

We look forward to welcoming you to the incoming JD class. Should you need anything over the course of the summer, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office.
Huh. I didn't pay any of mine online, so I never got that email.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I thought they just sent out an email about how deposits wouldn't show up yet but they've received yours?

If you sent in your acceptance sheet thing, they should know. I initially mailed my check to the wrong department and Jill sent me like 3 or 4 emails updating me every few days when they still hadn't received it (which is why I just paid online and then had my bank cancel the check). They ended up getting it like a month later and she emailed me to let me know she shredded the check. If you haven't gotten anything from her asking about your deposit, I wouldn't worry. Alternatively, if you're really worried, then I'd say you should email her (:

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:34 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

If you sent in your acceptance sheet thing, they should know. I initially mailed my check to the wrong department and Jill sent me like 3 or 4 emails updating me every few days when they still hadn't received it (which is why I just paid online and then had my bank cancel the check). They ended up getting it like a month later and she emailed me to let me know she shredded the check. If you haven't gotten anything from her asking about your deposit, I wouldn't worry. Alternatively, if you're really worried, then I'd say you should email her (:
It's all good now. I actually was NOT looking in the right place and my deposits ARE under the unapplied depost thingy. All three of them. Basically, I'm an idiot. :P

Anyone know how the deposits get applied? They haven't been subtracted from the loan amount, have they? It'd be nice to get the $2250 extra, over and above COA.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:38 pm

rinkrat19 wrote: Anyone know how the deposits get applied? They haven't been subtracted from the loan amount, have they? It'd be nice to get the $2250 extra, over and above COA.
Pretty sure it comes out of tuition

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Did you guys get an email saying loans were up? I don't think I did, but they only just got my naturalization stuff so that might be the reason.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Flips88 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote: Anyone know how the deposits get applied? They haven't been subtracted from the loan amount, have they? It'd be nice to get the $2250 extra, over and above COA.
Well yeah, but by what mechanism? If the school was supposed to get all $79,614 in loans from the govt, and pass along to me the total minus tuition/fees, but $2250 of my tuition is already paid, do they pass along the extra $2250 in the loan to me, or did they subtract it from the amount they from the govt to begin with?
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:43 pm

I still haven't gotten my acceptance package. WTF?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Well yeah, but by what mechanism? If the school was supposed to get all $79,614 in loans from the govt, and pass along to me the total minus tuition/fees, but $2250 of my tuition is already paid, do they pass along the extra $2250 in the loan to me, or did they subtract it from the amount they from the govt to begin with?
Yeah just subtracts from the amount they get from the government I think. Tuition is like $54k or whatever so they'd knock off $2250 and give you the full living cost, assuming you take out money for health care and a laptop.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:44 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:I still haven't gotten my acceptance package. WTF?
We got the email the same day so well probably get them together. Hey said next week for me.

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Did you guys get an email saying loans were up? I don't think I did, but they only just got my naturalization stuff so that might be the reason.
I was about to post that I hadn't got mine either, but it literally just popped up on my phone (which is odd because it was "dated" at 6:07PM). You can check on CAESAR if they have the loan stuff available, the email says that they'll be up at 8:30CST (so now). It might be done in stages though, I don't know.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 am

I haven't gotten an email, but I can see the loan info in Caesar.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Related: I finally had figure out how to spell 'Caesar' reliably, after 32 years of it being one of those words I am never quite sure about (see also: 'rhythm'). And it still takes me a second to remember 'ae' or 'ea'.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:10 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Related: I finally had figure out how to spell 'Caesar' reliably, after 32 years of it being one of those words I am never quite sure about (see also: 'rhythm'). And it still takes me a second to remember 'ae' or 'ea'.

bureau

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Related: I finally had figure out how to spell 'Caesar' reliably, after 32 years of it being one of those words I am never quite sure about (see also: 'rhythm'). And it still takes me a second to remember 'ae' or 'ea'.

bureau
Ugh, that one too.

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:26 pm

It helps if you remember that when Caesar was actually alive, his name was probably pronounced Kai-sar.

ETA: Also bureau is tough for me too sometimes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:29 pm

I just pronounce it as "say-czar" to remember.

ETA: scooped, although apparently I'm mispronouncing it :lol:

Kikero

Silver

Post by Kikero » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:

I just pronounce it as "say-czar" to remember.

ETA: scooped, although apparently I'm mispronouncing it :lol:
I don't think you really can mispronounce Latin since Classical, Church, and New Latin all have different pronunciations for the same words.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Flips88 wrote:

...I need a drink.
It helps to think of it terms of millions, as in "psssh I'll only be a quarter of a million dollars in debt when I'm done, no biggie."

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Is tuition set for 3 years or do you end up with the same COA as we do?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”