Smumps wrote:Sorry to be annoying, going to ask this in the UMich thread also.
Is anyone planning on going to Penn ASW then Michigan ASW? If so, how are you doing it? For some reason, even though they are bordering states, the airfare is insane. Not sure if it's worth it to drive, or just take Amtrak. Any thoughts?
1. This is the UMich thread.
2. Michigan and Pennsylvania are not bordering states, although they both do border Ohio. They are all three very long (wide) states.
3. From what I know of the geography here, that's probably an 11-hour drive.
Amtrak is also probably going to be more expensive than a plane.
4. I just looked up Penn's ASW, and, unless there's another I'm missing, it's two weeks after Mich's second. If you have a two-week time frame, I'd be really surprised if you couldn't find a cheap flight.
5. If your chief aim here is cutting costs, you could probably do megabus AA-Pit-Phil. Might take you a bit longer but I can't imagine it would cost anywhere near driving.