Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

JoeMo

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby JoeMo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:04 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Curriculum brouchure posted in Mail & Money sections of ASW.

Might be only for those that deposited, I don't have it.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 pm

JoeMo wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Curriculum brouchure posted in Mail & Money sections of ASW.

I have it. They probably just haven't updated yours yet!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Killingly wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

I have it. They probably just haven't updated yours yet!

They hate me.

jfish

Postby jfish » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Got my Phonathon call tonight! Talking on the phone is not my favorite activity, and I probably sounded super awkward, but the student with whom I spoke was nice and helpful. I know I say this all the time, but I am SO. EXCITED. :D

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 pm

jfish wrote:Got my Phonathon call tonight! Talking on the phone is not my favorite activity, and I probably sounded super awkward, but the student with whom I spoke was nice and helpful. I know I say this all the time, but I am SO. EXCITED. :D

Ditto. I hate talking on the phone to people I know and like, nevermind strangers. Mine was also helpful even though I had no clue what to ask save for a few cookie cutter questions.

planeride

Postby planeride » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:00 am

JoeMo wrote:
jfish wrote:Got my Phonathon call tonight! Talking on the phone is not my favorite activity, and I probably sounded super awkward, but the student with whom I spoke was nice and helpful. I know I say this all the time, but I am SO. EXCITED. :D

Ditto. I hate talking on the phone to people I know and like, nevermind strangers. Mine was also helpful even though I had no clue what to ask save for a few cookie cutter questions.

+1. Can't wait for ASW, I plan on having about 100 awkward interactions very similar to the one I just had. :D

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Got in yesterday via status checker. Still deciding between Vandy v. UVA v. Mich. Can't wait to come up for ASW. Anyone know who I should email about scholarship stuff? Just the admissions office?

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am

American_in_China wrote:Got in yesterday via status checker. Still deciding between Vandy v. UVA v. Mich. Can't wait to come up for ASW. Anyone know who I should email about scholarship stuff? Just the admissions office?

Unless you have $$$ at Vandy, I'm not sure where the consideration lies. Also, I don't like C-Ville but you might.

nopenopenope

Postby nopenopenope » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Admitted yesterday! Yesssss. I have a question that hopefully someone can answer, though - I checked through the first few pages of the thread but didn't see anything, and going through the whole thing seemed pretty daunting.
I'm in for the fall, but would really, really prefer summer start, to the extent that I would 100% be attending if in summer start but more like 75% if for the fall. I have extenuating circumstances also, I'm currently living in Canada but my work permit expires in June so I would not be able to work and save all summer. I'm also from Ann Arbor so I would be there for the summer anyway to save money, it would be so frustrating to be sitting around unemployed in my parents' house knowing that I could be getting a head start on school a mile away. How would I go about asking to be switched and what are the chances of successfully doing so?
Thanks + congrats to everyone else in this thread!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 pm

nopenopenope wrote:Admitted yesterday! Yesssss. I have a question that hopefully someone can answer, though - I checked through the first few pages of the thread but didn't see anything, and going through the whole thing seemed pretty daunting.
I'm in for the fall, but would really, really prefer summer start, to the extent that I would 100% be attending if in summer start but more like 75% if for the fall. I have extenuating circumstances also, I'm currently living in Canada but my work permit expires in June so I would not be able to work and save all summer. I'm also from Ann Arbor so I would be there for the summer anyway to save money, it would be so frustrating to be sitting around unemployed in my parents' house knowing that I could be getting a head start on school a mile away. How would I go about asking to be switched and what are the chances of successfully doing so?

1st: Congrats!

2nd: I would just sent them an e-mail that states all that in a very concise way. They've allowed several people to do it so far this cycle and I think there are summer starters that want to switch to fall so they'd be "trading" spots. There's no harm done in trying and it sounds like you have a good enough reason.

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:07 pm

JoeMo wrote:
nopenopenope wrote:Admitted yesterday! Yesssss. I have a question that hopefully someone can answer, though - I checked through the first few pages of the thread but didn't see anything, and going through the whole thing seemed pretty daunting.

2nd: I would just sent them an e-mail that states all that in a very concise way. They've allowed several people to do it so far this cycle and I think there are summer starters that want to switch to fall so they'd be "trading" spots. There's no harm done in trying and it sounds like you have a good enough reason.

You can try but at this point the summer class is likely full. They start class in like 3 months...

sfuter

Postby sfuter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey Everybody! If anyone is a summer starter looking for housing PLEASE feel free to message me! I was also a summer starter (LOVED IT) and I know of a lot of people looking to sublet this summer. Thanks!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:15 pm

blowhard wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

You can try but at this point the summer class is likely full. They start class in like 3 months...

You're right in that it's likely full, however, I know there are people actively looking to switch off fall start but they need a fall starter to switch with them too. So it still might be worth a try.

nopenopenope

Postby nopenopenope » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm

JoeMo wrote:
blowhard wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

You're right in that it's likely full, however, I know there are people actively looking to switch off fall start but they need a fall starter to switch with them too. So it still might be worth a try.

I'll give it a try but keep my hopes low. Thanks!

Smumps

Postby Smumps » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi all!

Quick question - if you were given a scholarship, would you see that online immediately, or is it mailed?

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Smumps wrote:Hi all!

Quick question - if you were given a scholarship, would you see that online immediately, or is it mailed?

WAIT FOR THE MAIL!!!
/rant

Smumps

Postby Smumps » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 pm

I don't understand. Can you explain?

:wink:

Genki

Postby Genki » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 pm

My scholarship offer showed up online about a 1-2 weeks after I was admitted, the letter in the mail arrived about a week after that.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:52 pm

nopenopenope wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
blowhard wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

I WANT TO SWITCH!!! I'm a summer starter and would love to switch for fall! Sent you a PM!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Unagi wrote:
nopenopenope wrote:

I WANT TO SWITCH!!! I'm a summer starter and would love to switch for fall! Sent you a PM!

TLS bringing people together one day at a time. :D

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Unagi wrote:
nopenopenope wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
blowhard wrote:You can try but at this point the summer class is likely full. They start class in like 3 months...

You cant just swap with another person, you need to contact admissions ;)

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Genki wrote:

My scholarship offer showed up online about a 1-2 weeks after I was admitted, the letter in the mail arrived about a week after that.

Online where exactly?

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:52 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Unagi wrote:I WANT TO SWITCH!!! I'm a summer starter and would love to switch for fall! Sent you a PM!

You cant just swap with another person, you need to contact admissions ;)

I think that was probably the purpose of the PM so that they could approach admissions together and say "hi, here's me (summer starter) and here's me (fall starter) and we feel we'd love it much more if we switched for the following reasons.... 1 2 3 4... would you allow that?

Thinking like lawyers already and laying out the facts.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Genki wrote:

Online where exactly?

ASW... in the financial aid communications. But if anything is to be learned from TLS any number that shows up there is only temporary and could be changed when you receive your award letter.

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

JoeMo wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
Genki wrote:

Online where exactly?

ASW... in the financial aid communications. But if anything is to be learned from TLS any number that shows up there is only temporary and could be changed when you receive your award letter.

Is the amount shown total or yearly??

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”