WhiteGuy5 wrote:Champion wrote:JoeMo wrote:Kurst wrote:Congrats JoeMo. Will you withdraw from Berkeley before the faculty review issues its decision?
I'm not sure yet. I know it's kind of selfish but it's the last school I applied to that I have yet to hear from so I kind of want to let it finish playing out just to see how it would've all played out. Regardless of their decision though I'm still going to Michigan. I already outperformed my numbers and that's great but I feel like after all is said and done my LSN profile might give some low LSAT high GPA kid next year hope and won't limit them to applying to the schools they'd be told on TLS to apply to.
Also, stay in it for the best case scenario, you get (in and) good money at Berkeley and possibly use that for Michigan.
If you've been awarded any money at Michigan, I would be sure to read their award letter carefully. It specifically says they generally don't like to "compete" (i.e. negotiate with you) for scholarships. What they give you is what they give you.
No, I don't have any scholly from Michigan but I also don't think I will get any from Berk. Even if I did, I'm not so sure about negotiating. I'm not even good at negotiating a pair of socks from a vendor at the State Fair nevermind scholarships from a top law school.