Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

jfish

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby jfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:04 pm

JoeMo wrote:So no one else is in the Boston area that has been admitted?

I am!

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:25 pm

thelawyler wrote:
Lilberkie wrote:I'm in Seattle if anyone else is out here

Not the only one.

Me too!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:07 pm

jfish wrote:
JoeMo wrote:So no one else is in the Boston area that has been admitted?

I am!

Cool, let's see if we can get a few more people and have a brunch or something after the turn of the year.

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Happy holidays from Hogwarts. :D

<happy, happy sigh>

46nyc

Postby 46nyc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Lady in Red wrote:Image

<happy, happy sigh>

This is my computer background!!!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:03 pm

46nyc wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:[

<happy, happy sigh>

I just stole this and made it my computer background too

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:33 pm

JoeMo wrote:
46nyc wrote:

<happy, happy sigh>

Argh... on my work computer so I can't see any pictures. I'm envisioning a Christmas scene from the dining room at Hogwarts?

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:39 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
46nyc wrote:

<happy, happy sigh>

Argh... on my work computer so I can't see any pictures. I'm envisioning a Christmas scene from the dining room at Hogwarts?

Not quite from the dining room but from the yard (garden) looking in.

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:50 pm

JoeMo wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Argh... on my work computer so I can't see any pictures. I'm envisioning a Christmas scene from the dining room at Hogwarts?

And it's not really Hogwarts...it's our favorite law school. ;)

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Lady in Red wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Argh... on my work computer so I can't see any pictures. I'm envisioning a Christmas scene from the dining room at Hogwarts?

And it's not really Hogwarts...it's our favorite law school. ;)

Why, oh why, does my company block images? They give me the ability to run background checks/NICB/NCIC/etc... but I can't see images on a forum? HEINOUS!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm so glad I'm in at Michigan because the other schools are CRAZY this year.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:40 pm

JoeMo wrote:I'm so glad I'm in at Michigan because the other schools are CRAZY this year.

? +1 on the U of M but care to elaborate?

Anyway, I saw someone say earlier that they had to deposit by January? I saw April on mine but it just seems far off for the summer start. I keep seeing people say they have made deposits and it's making me anxious. I'm an RD admit so maybe that's why?

crabcakes

Postby crabcakes » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:43 pm

sandwiches5000 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:I'm so glad I'm in at Michigan because the other schools are CRAZY this year.

Anyway, I saw someone say earlier that they had to deposit by January? I saw April on mine but it just seems far off for the summer start. I keep seeing people say they have made deposits and it's making me anxious. I'm an RD admit so maybe that's why?

i'm RD and summer start too, and i'm pretty sure the letter said april.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:48 pm

sandwiches5000 wrote:

I just meant that other schools like UVA, GW, W&M are doing some crazy things admissions wise. Like not admitting or WL'ing people that previously would've been a lock there. Etc...

My deposit is also in April but I'm a fall starter. FWIW I think the January deposit is for the people that applied ED. I know that for most of the schools I looked at, if you applied ED you had a deposit deadline in January. If not, then your deposit deadline is in April because they want you to get a chance to get acquainted with the school at ASW if there were any doubts.

If you're a summer starter and you ED'd, then I would just check with them to see if they made an error.

jfish

Postby jfish » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:58 pm

JoeMo wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:

I just meant that other schools like UVA, GW, W&M are doing some crazy things admissions wise. Like not admitting or WL'ing people that previously would've been a lock there. Etc...

My deposit is also in April but I'm a fall starter. FWIW I think the January deposit is for the people that applied ED. I know that for most of the schools I looked at, if you applied ED you had a deposit deadline in January. If not, then your deposit deadline is in April because they want you to get a chance to get acquainted with the school at ASW if there were any doubts.

If you're a summer starter and you ED'd, then I would just check with them to see if they made an error.

I'm a summer starter, applied ED, and my deposit deadline is January.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 pm

jfish wrote:I'm a summer starter, applied ED, and my deposit deadline is January.

Yeah, that sounds right. ED in January, RD in April. RD Fall in April and then again in June.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Did anyone else flip out when they saw this in their e-mail box "We hate to ruin..."

I seriously think I almost died.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:44 pm

JoeMo wrote:Did anyone else flip out when they saw this in their e-mail box "We hate to ruin..."

I saw it on my phone after the gym. Being exhausted/reading the email nervously on a tiny screen wasn't a nice experience.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:45 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:Did anyone else flip out when they saw this in their e-mail box "We hate to ruin..."

I saw it on my phone after the gym. Being exhausted/reading the email nervously on a tiny screen wasn't a nice experience.

My eyes immediately went to the words "bad news." 100% thought they were rescinding my acceptance.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Killingly wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:

My eyes immediately went to the words "bad news." 100% thought they were rescinding my acceptance.

I thought it was going to be "We hate to ruin your Christmas but we realized we've made a mistake" and I felt my blood pressure drop.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:17 am

JoeMo wrote:
jfish wrote:I'm a summer starter, applied ED, and my deposit deadline is January.

Yeah, that sounds right. ED in January, RD in April. RD Fall in April and then again in June.

Yeah... Okay. It would make sense as the benefit of RD regardless of the start time would be that you get to weigh scholarship options from different schools and what not (not going to be the case for me) before deciding but I just got all nervous. :?

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 am

My new home :) Yay!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

Yeah... Okay. It would make sense as the benefit of RD regardless of the start time would be that you get to weigh scholarship options from different schools and what not (not going to be the case for me) before deciding but I just got all nervous. :?

Totally not the case for me either. Are you definitely going to UMich? I guess we'll be the two people paying sticker. LOL

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 am

JoeMo wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

Totally not the case for me either. Are you definitely going to UMich? I guess we'll be the two people paying sticker. LOL

Haha... Well... I'm about 90% sure at the moment. Haven't heard from a couple of schools yet that I would need to before I made that decision. They're super reaches so most likely going to Michigan.

I'm sure we're not the only people paying sticker... trust me. I'd say the majority of people that attend do not receive scholarships... But yeah. Makes me wish I never got nervous on my LSAT and got those few points. -_- Worth the money. I'm looking into scholarships from outside sources now... Hopefully get a few thousand... Not too amazing but whatever everything helps.

BUT then again. If we did have scholarships would we know right away?

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:Haha... Well... I'm about 90% sure at the moment. Haven't heard from a couple of schools yet that I would need to before I made that decision. They're super reaches so most likely going to Michigan.

I'm sure we're not the only people paying sticker... trust me. I'd say the majority of people that attend do not receive scholarships... But yeah. Makes me wish I never got nervous on my LSAT and got those few points. -_- Worth the money. I'm looking into scholarships from outside sources now... Hopefully get a few thousand... Not too amazing but whatever everything helps.

BUT then again. If we did have scholarships would we know right away?

They say you don't find out until January. I think only those super amazing people like MoC get scholarship information this early on.

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”