Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

ScrabbleChamp

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Killingly wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:
kl10qm wrote:Just created the Michigan Law Class of 2015 group on facebook!
It can be found here... http://www.facebook.com/groups/314158518603885/

Thank you to whoever created the group! I'm sorry I didn't get to it...I was very busy celebrating my Michigan acceptance with my best friends and the world's most amazing apricot martinis. ;)

I wish I could preemptively join, but I got rid of my facebook a couple years ago. :(

You can always do what I did... I created a facebook account just for the purpose of being able to join a law school group. :-)

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Killingly wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:

Thank you to whoever created the group! I'm sorry I didn't get to it...I was very busy celebrating my Michigan acceptance with my best friends and the world's most amazing apricot martinis. ;)

I wish I could preemptively join, but I got rid of my facebook a couple years ago. :(

You can always do what I did... I created a facebook account just for the purpose of being able to join a law school group. :-)

I know, but I reeaaaallllyyy don't want to. Looks like I'll just have to meet everyone the old-fashioned way at ASW.

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

sandwiches5000 wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:

I think I saw you on TV a half hour ago.

Oh wait, that was Sex and the City.

hehe. Yes, I'm happy for the FB group as well. Sent in my request. This is going to sound weird but you and I have similar numbers and I vaguely remember someone telling you you weren't getting into Michigan without a retake. Did you end up doing that? (I didn't.)

Yes, I was told by at least one person on TLS that I didn't have a shot at T-14, actually. ;)

Ironically, I did retake the LSAT on Dec. 3 -- and came home to find that my Michigan acceptance letter was delivered while I was taking the LSAT! I actually felt pretty good about the test, too. I know the score doesn't matter anymore, but I'm still hoping to have met my goal score -- just for personal satisfaction.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Lady in Red wrote:Yes, I was told by at least one person on TLS that I didn't have a shot at T-14, actually. ;)

Ironically, I did retake the LSAT on Dec. 3 -- and came home to find that my Michigan acceptance letter was delivered while I was taking the LSAT! I actually felt pretty good about the test, too. I know the score doesn't matter anymore, but I'm still hoping to have met my goal score -- just for personal satisfaction.

No shot at a T14? That's just crazy. With a 167 and a 3.7, I think they were just trying to get under your skin. I was one of those people too that got told my only shot was UVA ED and stupidly I fell for it. Thankfully I got WL'ed there and ended up accepted at Mich which was very much my dream school.

That being said: TLS is not the Bible. There happen to be some very cool people on here that I can't wait to meet in school but the ones that claim to know everything about admissions and/or LS in general are the more annoying members of the pack.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:00 pm

JoeMo wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:Yes, I was told by at least one person on TLS that I didn't have a shot at T-14, actually. ;)

No shot at a T14? That's just crazy. With a 167 and a 3.7, I think they were just trying to get under your skin. I was one of those people too that got told my only shot was UVA ED and stupidly I fell for it. Thankfully I got WL'ed there and ended up accepted at Mich which was very much my dream school.

That being said: TLS is not the Bible. There happen to be some very cool people on here that I can't wait to meet in school but the ones that claim to know everything about admissions and/or LS in general are the more annoying members of the pack.

+6132

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:59 pm

For those that have got financial aid, how long after being admitted did you find out about the money?
On ASW I still have "zero awards found" (my package was mailed on 12/4 and it has not arrived yet)
I know my numbers are not good for a scholarship, but I'm hoping for a miracle!

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Well I'm definitely in for second ASW. I won't be joining the FB group until after Christmas because I'm surprising my pro-Michigan family at Christmas. My grandfather was actually an AA(ETA: since many people read this as African-American, I want to point out I mean Ann Arbor :lol: ) firefighter, so I'm expecting him to cry.
Last edited by UnamSanctam on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Well I'm definitely in for second ASW. I won't be joining the FB group until after Christmas because I'm surprising my pro-Michigan family at Christmas. My grandfather was actually an AA firefighter, so I'm expecting him to cry.

This is awesome!

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:38 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Well I'm definitely in for second ASW. I won't be joining the FB group until after Christmas because I'm surprising my pro-Michigan family at Christmas. My grandfather was actually an AA(ETA: since many people read this as African-American, I want to point out I mean Ann Arbor :lol: ) firefighter, so I'm expecting him to cry.

Wow! That's a great idea. Merry Christmas to you and your family! :D!

daydreamer

Postby daydreamer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Just checking in, 90% certain I'll be in Ann Arbor next Fall. :D

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Well I'm definitely in for second ASW. I won't be joining the FB group until after Christmas because I'm surprising my pro-Michigan family at Christmas. My grandfather was actually an AA(ETA: since many people read this as African-American, I want to point out I mean Ann Arbor :lol: ) firefighter, so I'm expecting him to cry.

I love this! The acceptance letter from Michigan is definitely the best Christmas present I've ever gotten. My family is originally from Ohio, and they've always been Buckeye fans...so I'm hoping their love for me will change their allegiance. :)

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:46 pm

I'll add a poll later. I'm still half asleep. (If there were a yawning emoticon, it would go here.)

ETA: Never mind. I got some caffeine. Poll's up.

vellum

Postby vellum » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Lady in Red wrote:I love this! The acceptance letter from Michigan is definitely the best Christmas present I've ever gotten. My family is originally from Ohio, and they've always been Buckeye fans...so I'm hoping their love for me will change their allegiance. :)

My dad's a Buckeye. The year I decided I was going to UF for undergrad (2007) was the year the Gators beat Ohio State in both the BCS National Championship and the NCAA Basketball Championship.
This year, I told him I'm going to Michigan Law, and a few days later Michigan broke their losing streak against the Buckeyes.

He swears I'm doing it on purpose. :D

Postby 03121202698008 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:14 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:I'll add a poll later. I'm still half asleep. (If there were a yawning emoticon, it would go here.)

Can you at least spell attend correctly? Can't have you giving Michigan a bad name... :lol:

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:17 pm

blowhard wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:I'll add a poll later. I'm still half asleep. (If there were a yawning emoticon, it would go here.)

Can you at least spell attend correctly? Can't have you giving Michigan a bad name... :lol:

Wow. That was obviously a typo. It's not like I wrote "attand" or something like that. But, super cool of you for calling me out for my typos on an internet forum. :roll:

Postby 03121202698008 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:31 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
blowhard wrote:

Wow. That was obviously a typo. It's not like I wrote "attand" or something like that. But, super cool of you for calling me out for my typos on an internet forum. :roll:

Obviously I was just poking fun. Lighten up.

Champion

Postby Champion » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:58 pm

It's a rather cold day here in my southern city and I did not like it at all. Doesn't bode well for my life in Michigan. :roll: + :cry:

kl10qm

Postby kl10qm » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:31 am

Champion wrote:It's a rather cold day here in my southern city and I did not like it at all. Doesn't bode well for my life in Michigan. :roll: + :cry:

Yea, it snowed here in West Tennessee - got down to like 20ish...but I lived in Canada for two years, so I'm used to the cold :D LOVE IT (which is why I am excited to live in the Michigan climate).

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 am

Lady in Red wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:

I think I saw you on TV a half hour ago.

Oh wait, that was Sex and the City.

hehe. Yes, I'm happy for the FB group as well. Sent in my request. This is going to sound weird but you and I have similar numbers and I vaguely remember someone telling you you weren't getting into Michigan without a retake. Did you end up doing that? (I didn't.)

Yes, I was told by at least one person on TLS that I didn't have a shot at T-14, actually. ;)

Well, I'm so happy that it worked out for both of us!!! Michigan was one of my top choices and so far I've been so lucky to have been admitted to every school I was passionate about minus like... a couple of super reaches.

In other news, I'm so jealous of you guys and your families' love for U of M. I told them I was probably going to Michigan and they were like, "Why? What school? Huh? It's cold."

kl10qm

Postby kl10qm » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:48 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:In other news, I'm so jealous of you guys and your families' love for U of M. I told them I was probably going to Michigan and they were like, "Why? What school? Huh? It's cold."

My mother-in-law had the same reaction. She said "oh, congrats!! You got into Michigan State!"...I quickly had to say...no mom, its the UofM...I'm going to be a wolverine...not a spartan.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:05 am

kl10qm wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:In other news, I'm so jealous of you guys and your families' love for U of M. I told them I was probably going to Michigan and they were like, "Why? What school? Huh? It's cold."

My mother-in-law had the same reaction. She said "oh, congrats!! You got into Michigan State!"...I quickly had to say...no mom, its the UofM...I'm going to be a wolverine...not a spartan.

Trust me, it's way worse for the Penn kids.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 am

thelawyler wrote:
kl10qm wrote:

Trust me, it's way worse for the Penn Chicago kids.

FTFY

ahnhub

Postby ahnhub » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 am

Uh, might be wrong but if you do better the score might matter big-time. If you end up meeting one median and exceeding another you could get 45K.

Lsatfree

Postby Lsatfree » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:23 am

I have been searching for a place to live next fall and I'm starting to think that I'll end up in one of the places they have set aside for us. I know it's still early in the process but would anyone be willing to go in on a place with me? I was thinking the place on Packard.

greenleaf

Postby greenleaf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:11 am

Lsatfree wrote:I have been searching for a place to live next fall and I'm starting to think that I'll end up in one of the places they have set aside for us. I know it's still early in the process but would anyone be willing to go in on a place with me? I was thinking the place on Packard.

I'm looking to do the same thing. The best thing to do is to join the Facebook group Michigan Law Roommate Connection to see if you can find a compatible roommate.

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”