Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

ScrabbleChamp

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:36 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:I'll do it tonight! :D

Just make sure to put a link in this thread so I know how to find it. :-)

Amateur. :lol:

I'm Old School... just like Teddy. :-)

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:I'm Old School... just like Teddy. :-)

Touche, sir.

So it sounds like you're definitely going to be in A2 next year. Are you a summer starter?

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:I'm Old School... just like Teddy. :-)

Touche, sir.

So it sounds like you're definitely going to be in A2 next year. Are you a summer starter?

I am. I'm in the process of trying to find a home in A2 all the way from Florida. I found a really nice house just north of campus that is available May 1st and I'm trying to get the property management company to let me put a deposit on it now until I visit in March to make sure I like it. Hopefully, they'll let me do that, but with the housing market for students in A2, they really have no motivation to hold a place for me as I'm sure there are several local students that would sign a least today if they knew of this place.

Are you going to one of the ASW's?

Sosa87

Postby Sosa87 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Summer Starter here, found out about a month ago. Excited to become a wolverine this summer - go blue!

Any thoughts on the housing options they posted?

South State is the closest but also the most expensive. Packard seems like a pretty good overall option, I think 511 E. Hoover looks the nicest but I don't know if I can handle a half mile walk in the freezing Ann Arbor winter! Based on the prices, would definitely like to find a roommate.

Anyone current Michigan students have any thoughts on the following options?

1) 726 South State
2) 520 Packard
3) 511 E. Hoover
4) 721 S. Forest

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:45 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:I am. I'm in the process of trying to find a home in A2 all the way from Florida. I found a really nice house just north of campus that is available May 1st and I'm trying to get the property management company to let me put a deposit on it now until I visit in March to make sure I like it. Hopefully, they'll let me do that, but with the housing market for students in A2, they really have no motivation to hold a place for me as I'm sure there are several local students that would sign a least today if they knew of this place.

Are you going to one of the ASW's?

Glad to meet another summer starter. I'll be going to the first ASW but, as it stands now, there's a pretty good chance I'll see you in May!

crooked

Postby crooked » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:Also, if anyone has questions about law school creating a long distance relationship, I can answer those questions/sympathize. My wife lives 9 hours away by car.

I wasn't going to check into this thread until the end of my cycle (though I'm falling more in love with Michigan by the day), but if I wind up in A2, my relationship will definitely be long distance - we'll be NY and Michigan. How have you found the balance of doing work (especially with finals approaching) and staying involved in her life? Is it reasonable to try to visit with relative frequency, or has the law school community and schedule made that a challenge?

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 pm

For those of us going to the first ASW or even for those of you going to the second... I think we should try and get some sort of unofficial TLS event going. That way we can get to meet each other IRL before we start school and hopefully that'll make the first day less daunting. I'm thinking something really low key like stopping in for a beer at a local favorite or something along those lines.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:56 pm

JoeMo wrote:For those of us going to the first ASW or even for those of you going to the second... I think we should try and get some sort of unofficial TLS event going. That way we can get to meet each other IRL before we start school and hopefully that'll make the first day less daunting. I'm thinking something really low key like stopping in for a beer at a local favorite or something along those lines.

I'd be down for Dominick's the night before the first event. (First round's on me.)

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:34 pm

JoeMo wrote:For those of us going to the first ASW or even for those of you going to the second... I think we should try and get some sort of unofficial TLS event going. That way we can get to meet each other IRL before we start school and hopefully that'll make the first day less daunting. I'm thinking something really low key like stopping in for a beer at a local favorite or something along those lines.

I'll be going to the 2nd ASW, but I love this idea! I will not know a soul in Ann Arbor, so it would be wonderful to see a few friendly faces when school starts!

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Lady in Red wrote:

I'll be going to the 2nd ASW, but I love this idea! I will not know a soul in Ann Arbor, so it would be wonderful to see a few friendly faces when school starts!

As long as JDizzle buys me that first drink! :lol:

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:As long as JDizzle buys me that first drink! :lol:

More than happy to do it! ...even though you're bailing on us for fall start. :evil:

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Lady in Red wrote:

I'll be at the 2nd ASW and drinks (1st round, at least) will be on me for anone that shows up. :-)

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:16 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:

I'll be at the 2nd ASW and drinks (1st round, at least) will be on me for anone that shows up. :-)

Actually, you're second round. :D

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm more than happy to drink free drinks at any of the ASWs.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I'm more than happy to drink free drinks at any of the ASWs.

Well that goes without saying. :D

sanguar

Postby sanguar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:26 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I'm more than happy to drink free drinks at any of the ASWs.

Yup.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:32 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:

Actually, you're second round. :D

Well, that works, too. And, I now have my official UMich email address. Go me.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:40 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Well, that works, too. And, I now have my official UMich email address. Go me.

So you've paid your deposit! I think I'm doing mine within the next couple of days as well.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 pm

sanguar wrote:

Yup.

I'd be happy to accommodate this for the first ASW.

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:49 pm

I'll probably be at the dinner but I'd be up for free drinks as well if anyone wants 1L/1L summer employment (particularly judicial)/OCI advice from a 2L.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 pm

blowhard wrote:

I'll probably be at the dinner but I'd be up for free drinks as well if anyone wants 1L/1L summer employment (particularly judicial)/OCI advice from a 2L.

If you are free during the 2nd ASW, I'd love said advice.

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Has anyone coming from undergrad gotten an email from Dean Z about switching to fall start? So pumped I get to have 3 extra months of sanity before law school now :)

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:I'd setup the Facebook page, but, (and get ready to laugh), I just created a facebook account Sunday for the first time, so I'm still clueless as to how the whole thing works. I will say this, though, Facebook and CIA must be one-in-the-same. 30 minutes after I created my account, a friend of mine added me because I showed up on his page before I added any friends. I have no clue how facebook knew to notify him, but they did. Freaky.

Even though I should be shocked by this, I'm not. I knew facebook ran the world when I read David Cameron asked Zuckerberg (less than two months after becoming PM) for advice on how to better connect with the British people.

tbf, cameron is a tool.

British politics, I'll come running every time.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:Has anyone coming from undergrad gotten an email from Dean Z about switching to fall start? So pumped I get to have 3 extra months of sanity before law school now :)

I believe UnamSanctam is also taking Dean Z up on her offer.

MAN, we're losing another summer starter?? :( :!:

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:Has anyone coming from undergrad gotten an email from Dean Z about switching to fall start? So pumped I get to have 3 extra months of sanity before law school now :)

Yes and +1

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”