Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
35
34%
March 29-31
46
44%
Both
3
3%
Neither
20
19%
 
Total votes: 104

Sammy841
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Sammy841 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:58 pm

How bad would it be to miss three class days the first part of November? I have a family thing and tickets are wayyy cheaper if I fly back Wednesday rather than Monday.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Sammy841 wrote:How bad would it be to miss three class days the first part of November? I have a family thing and tickets are wayyy cheaper if I fly back Wednesday rather than Monday.


Probably best to ask this in the questions thread in Ask a Grad Student rather than ask this thread, which is full of 0Ls.

greenleaf
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby greenleaf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Does anyone know if the law school provides us with planners that are specific to Michigan Law? My undergrad had planners that included the dates of when breaks began, ended, etc., and I found that very helpful.

The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby The Duck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:56 pm

greenleaf wrote:Does anyone know if the law school provides us with planners that are specific to Michigan Law? My undergrad had planners that included the dates of when breaks began, ended, etc., and I found that very helpful.


? There is an academic calendar on the website. They don't hand out some kind of physical planner. I think they assume you can plan your own time.

Lawman123
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Lawman123 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:41 am

In off the waitlist and am very excited to be joining you guys! I have a question does anyone know of any parking spots I could get near the law school? I know they are hard to come by. Also, any advice to get ready would be awesome. Thanks!

46nyc
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby 46nyc » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Lawman123 wrote:In off the waitlist and am very excited to be joining you guys! I have a question does anyone know of any parking spots I could get near the law school? I know they are hard to come by. Also, any advice to get ready would be awesome. Thanks!


I looked at parking spaces at Fingerle Lumber for $60/month but it was still a 10 minute walk. Other than that I'd try craigslist.

rcloud
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby rcloud » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Lawman123 wrote:In off the waitlist and am very excited to be joining you guys! I have a question does anyone know of any parking spots I could get near the law school? I know they are hard to come by. Also, any advice to get ready would be awesome. Thanks!


The University maintains a list of parking spots available for rent:

http://offcampus.housing.umich.edu/lt/p ... s&Rent=All

Unfortunately, there aren't many that are still available, but it looks like there are still a few left that are close to the law school.

User avatar
Pathika
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Pathika » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Lawman123 wrote:In off the waitlist and am very excited to be joining you guys! I have a question does anyone know of any parking spots I could get near the law school? I know they are hard to come by. Also, any advice to get ready would be awesome. Thanks!


Congrats and welcome! As far as parking goes, it is MUCH cheaper to just get a parking permit... I have one for the whole year and it was only about $200 for the ability to park in the yellow and orange parking lots plus the blue lots after hours and on Saturdays.

http://pts.umich.edu/

Kramer
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Kramer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Pathika wrote:
Lawman123 wrote:In off the waitlist and am very excited to be joining you guys! I have a question does anyone know of any parking spots I could get near the law school? I know they are hard to come by. Also, any advice to get ready would be awesome. Thanks!


Congrats and welcome! As far as parking goes, it is MUCH cheaper to just get a parking permit... I have one for the whole year and it was only about $200 for the ability to park in the yellow and orange parking lots plus the blue lots after hours and on Saturdays.

http://pts.umich.edu/


Might be cheaper but very out of the way. I suppose the blue after hours parking could be useful, but the closest orange/yellow lots are not walking distance to the quad.

User avatar
Pathika
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Pathika » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Kramer wrote:
Pathika wrote:
Lawman123 wrote:In off the waitlist and am very excited to be joining you guys! I have a question does anyone know of any parking spots I could get near the law school? I know they are hard to come by. Also, any advice to get ready would be awesome. Thanks!


Congrats and welcome! As far as parking goes, it is MUCH cheaper to just get a parking permit... I have one for the whole year and it was only about $200 for the ability to park in the yellow and orange parking lots plus the blue lots after hours and on Saturdays.

http://pts.umich.edu/


Might be cheaper but very out of the way. I suppose the blue after hours parking could be useful, but the closest orange/yellow lots are not walking distance to the quad.


Umm... yes, they are. My normal parking lot (and there are two of them right next to each other), are less than a 10 minute walk... On Hill and Division... it's 4, maybe 5 blocks. SC9 and SC38.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby keg411 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Kramer wrote:
Pathika wrote:
Lawman123 wrote:In off the waitlist and am very excited to be joining you guys! I have a question does anyone know of any parking spots I could get near the law school? I know they are hard to come by. Also, any advice to get ready would be awesome. Thanks!


Congrats and welcome! As far as parking goes, it is MUCH cheaper to just get a parking permit... I have one for the whole year and it was only about $200 for the ability to park in the yellow and orange parking lots plus the blue lots after hours and on Saturdays.

http://pts.umich.edu/


Might be cheaper but very out of the way. I suppose the blue after hours parking could be useful, but the closest orange/yellow lots are not walking distance to the quad.


If you're living south of campus, you can drive to the commuter lot and just take the shuttle. Both of those things cost $0.

Lawman123
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Lawman123 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Awesome! Thanks everybody.

aladdinismyprince
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby aladdinismyprince » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:06 pm

anyone having issues buying the casebook for white's contacts class? wolverine access says we need to get the 3rd edition, but amazon won't ship it for two more weeks and ulrich's doesn't have it. should i just wait until orientation starts to worry about this?

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Football tickets arrived today. Awesome.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby keg411 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:56 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Football tickets arrived today. Awesome.


Did you have your tickets specifically mailed to you? Or did you just pick them up on campus? The only reason I ask is because I remember picking mine up on campus last year, and I don't remember if I had my own mailed to me or not because I ordered them so long ago :|.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:06 pm

keg411 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Football tickets arrived today. Awesome.


Did you have your tickets specifically mailed to you? Or did you just pick them up on campus? The only reason I ask is because I remember picking mine up on campus last year, and I don't remember if I had my own mailed to me or not because I ordered them so long ago :|.


Mailed. If you kept the email confirmation it tells you delivery method, but lol at keeping online receipts.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby keg411 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
keg411 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Football tickets arrived today. Awesome.


Did you have your tickets specifically mailed to you? Or did you just pick them up on campus? The only reason I ask is because I remember picking mine up on campus last year, and I don't remember if I had my own mailed to me or not because I ordered them so long ago :|.


Mailed. If you kept the email confirmation it tells you delivery method, but lol at keeping online receipts.


I'm pretty sure I deleted it just to clear my inbox :lol:. But I also probably marked "pick up" as I definitely wouldn't pick to have it mailed since I knew I was moving.

User avatar
DaftAndDirect
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby DaftAndDirect » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Section M anyone?

Rdubs
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:20 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Rdubs » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Tickets in the mail today too!

Anyone else in Section G?

User avatar
MiAiLi
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby MiAiLi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 am

I'm in section M!

User avatar
DaftAndDirect
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby DaftAndDirect » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 am

MiAiLi wrote:I'm in section M!


aaand I thought that was a PM...well uh...christ

What's the deal with these section archetypes. Am I destined to spend most nights out partying just because I'm taking legal writing with Falon?
Last edited by DaftAndDirect on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lawman123
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Lawman123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Section L!!

User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Geoffrey » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:13 pm

you guys planning on going to most of the stuff on monday/tuesday?

moshid
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby moshid » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm

do we have an outline bank? I just want to get an idea of what an outline should look like

MyManKanye
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby MyManKanye » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:30 pm

moshid wrote:do we have an outline bank? I just want to get an idea of what an outline should look like


Would like to know this as well. Nobody has really mentioned any student organizations or resources for outlines.




Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest