Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
35
34%
March 29-31
46
44%
Both
3
3%
Neither
20
19%
 
Total votes: 104

User avatar
Pathika
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Pathika » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Campagnolo wrote:Where do you look in wolverine access?


Sign in to WolverineAccess, click on "Student Business", then go to the "Enrollment" section and click on "My Class Schedule." However, this won't work until you have been registered for Fall classes which won't happen until about a week before your classes start, so I wouldn't count on finding anything yet. Heck, for us summer starters, we still haven't been registered for our fall classes, even though we all know when/where/who is teaching our fall classes.

Kramer
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Kramer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:34 am

South Hall Dedication

Dear friends of Michigan Law,

I am pleased to announce that we will celebrate the dedication of South Hall, Michigan Law's new academic building, on Friday, September 7, 2012. I hope you will join us to celebrate this exciting milestone in Michigan Law's history!

The formal dedication ceremony will begin at 3:00 p.m., followed by an open house. We look forward to a wonderful celebration of the building and of all those who helped to make it a reality. Elena Kagan, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, will be our special guest for the festivities. Justice Kagan and I will hold a conversation at 10 a.m. on September 7, to which you are also invited.

If you wish to spend the weekend in Ann Arbor, there will be a number of other activities hosted by the Law School in which your participation would be welcome. More details of these special events are available here. You will note that the conversation with Associate Justice Kagan will require a ticket, which is free to members of the Law School community; please see the registration information for RSVP and ticketing procedures. I encourage you to make hotel reservations soon. If you have any questions, please call our special events hotline at (734) 615-4535.

Sincerely,

Evan Caminker

Dean and Branch Rickey Collegiate Professor of Law



So how do we go about getting a ticket? This should be awesome.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby thelaststraw05 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Kramer wrote:
South Hall Dedication

Dear friends of Michigan Law,

I am pleased to announce that we will celebrate the dedication of South Hall, Michigan Law's new academic building, on Friday, September 7, 2012. I hope you will join us to celebrate this exciting milestone in Michigan Law's history!

The formal dedication ceremony will begin at 3:00 p.m., followed by an open house. We look forward to a wonderful celebration of the building and of all those who helped to make it a reality. Elena Kagan, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, will be our special guest for the festivities. Justice Kagan and I will hold a conversation at 10 a.m. on September 7, to which you are also invited.

If you wish to spend the weekend in Ann Arbor, there will be a number of other activities hosted by the Law School in which your participation would be welcome. More details of these special events are available here. You will note that the conversation with Associate Justice Kagan will require a ticket, which is free to members of the Law School community; please see the registration information for RSVP and ticketing procedures. I encourage you to make hotel reservations soon. If you have any questions, please call our special events hotline at (734) 615-4535.

Sincerely,

Evan Caminker

Dean and Branch Rickey Collegiate Professor of Law



So how do we go about getting a ticket? This should be awesome.


Talked to the law school. Tickets for current students will be distributed during the first week of classes.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Unofficial 1L schedules on WolverineAccess. Dat 8 AM Contracts.

User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Geoffrey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:33 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Unofficial 1L schedules on WolverineAccess. Dat 8 AM Contracts.


Oh boy, me too. I'm a K.

User avatar
BuckinghamB
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby BuckinghamB » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Looks like I have crim, torts, and property. Anyone else have those?

Kramer
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Kramer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:53 pm

How do you know which section you are?

User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Geoffrey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Kramer wrote:How do you know which section you are?


I did a class search, then matched up the class number for my legal practice I. Click that class and in the description it says the section.

Kramer
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Kramer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:03 pm

So which classes are year-long and which are only 1 semester?

And if we have Legal Practice this sem, I assume we have LRW next sem?

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Unofficial 1L schedules on WolverineAccess. Dat 8 AM Contracts.


Oh boy, me too. I'm a K.


+1.

User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Geoffrey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Kramer wrote:So which classes are year-long and which are only 1 semester?

And if we have Legal Practice this sem, I assume we have LRW next sem?


I think they're all just 1 semester, and it looks like the summer starters have moved on to legal practice II.

rcloud
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby rcloud » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:28 pm

First post.. I've lurked from time to time, but never posted. Anyway, I'm now unofficially an I.

I'm actually not as concerned about the 8 am contracts M-Th as I am about next semester having four classes on Wednesday. On a positive note for all IJKL's, only having legal practice on Friday is definitely a plus.

User avatar
aekea
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby aekea » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:08 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:Looks like I have crim, torts, and property. Anyone else have those?

Me too. Looks like I'm in section E

User avatar
Pathika
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Pathika » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Kramer wrote:So which classes are year-long and which are only 1 semester?

And if we have Legal Practice this sem, I assume we have LRW next sem?


Current student here... Legal Practice is the only two semester class you'll take, unless you are given the honor of being a senior judge (you'll find out about this later, don't worry) or take a clinic. Legal Practice is all-encompassing from oral arguments, to writing memo's and briefs, ethics, etc... There is no LRW class, just Legal Practice I and Legal Practice II.

Sammy841
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Sammy841 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:20 am

So does this mean we can buy our textbooks now?

User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Geoffrey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:37 am

Sammy841 wrote:So does this mean we can buy our textbooks now?


there's still a chance you could be moved into another group so you probably shouldn't..unless you find a ridiculous deal or something.

Kramer
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Kramer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 am

Sammy841 wrote:So does this mean we can buy our textbooks now?



Was wondering this as well. Also, having heard a lot about supplements, I'm wondering how to decide which are the best to order for each course? I've managed to find several TLS threads and articles with lists of the "best" supplements, but are supplements casebook specific or just course specific? More simply, is there, for example, one supplement for CrimLaw that is known to be the best for Uhlmann's course in particular? Or are they all applicable to criminal law and one is just the best?

That likely made no sense.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Just for reiteration:

EFGH: Every F***ing Gunner Here
IJKL: I'm Just Kinda Lazy
MNOP: Most Nights Out Partying

I'm not sure how they knew to place me in the section that describes me, but bravo.

Luap
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Luap » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Just for reiteration:

EFGH: Every F***ing Gunner Here
IJKL: I'm Just Kinda Lazy
MNOP: Most Nights Out Partying

I'm not sure how they knew to place me in the section that describes me, but bravo.


Wait, what? if we're going by that I demand to be switched. HAHA.

User avatar
BuckinghamB
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby BuckinghamB » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Luap wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Just for reiteration:

EFGH: Every F***ing Gunner Here
IJKL: I'm Just Kinda Lazy
MNOP: Most Nights Out Partying

I'm not sure how they knew to place me in the section that describes me, but bravo.


Wait, what? if we're going by that I demand to be switched. HAHA.


Ha, same here. I don't want to be a gunner :?

User avatar
Moriarty
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Moriarty » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:15 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Unofficial 1L schedules on WolverineAccess. Dat 8 AM Contracts.


Thanks for the heads up!

...see you at 8 AM.

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby cylon_clone » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm

8am. :shock: And of course it has to be something as minute as contracts... :|

The earliest classes I ever had for undergrad were at 9:15am, and that was only for 2 out of 8 semesters - when the class was only offered during that time.

Ugh, looks like I might have to start going to bed before midnight like an old person... :? :lol:

there are too many smilies in this post...

pdftlvson
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby pdftlvson » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm an M! Mostly afternoon/early evening classes but I do have Torts at 8:45 Friday morning. I have Crim, Con, Torts, Legal Practice, and Legal Practice Skills.

User avatar
Pathika
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Pathika » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:43 pm

cylon_clone wrote:8am. :shock: And of course it has to be something as minute as contracts... :|

The earliest classes I ever had for undergrad were at 9:15am, and that was only for 2 out of 8 semesters - when the class was only offered during that time.

Ugh, looks like I might have to start going to bed before midnight like an old person... :? :lol:

there are too many smilies in this post...


You will learn to love having Contracts early. That class is dense and the material isn't the easiest to wrap your head around, and if you had that class late in the day, it would suck.

va_323
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby va_323 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Are you guys looking at the "Class Notes" for Legal Practice to see the section? If so, I'm an I. Not looking forward to 8 am contracts, but what can you do!




Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest