Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

sanetruth

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby sanetruth » Mon May 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Pathika wrote:Official schedule available in Wolverine Access. You can determine your section by seeing what is in Wolverine Access and using your Legal Practice Skills section:

Section 1 = Section A
Section 2 = Section B
Section 3 = Section C
Section 4 = Section D

Wait i'm confused. If that is the case, do we move between sections? Cause it's got me listed as in section 1 for contracts but section 2 for torts. Is that possible/feasible/correct?

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Campagnolo wrote:I hope it's a hunting-type tent with a stove in it.

I'm 'bout to get my Bear Grylls on.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue May 22, 2012 12:02 am

sanetruth wrote:
Pathika wrote:Official schedule available in Wolverine Access. You can determine your section by seeing what is in Wolverine Access and using your Legal Practice Skills section:

Section 1 = Section A
Section 2 = Section B
Section 3 = Section C
Section 4 = Section D

Wait i'm confused. If that is the case, do we move between sections? Cause it's got me listed as in section 1 for contracts but section 2 for torts. Is that possible/feasible/correct?

It looks like she said that Legal Practice is what determines the section, and that seems right, as Legal Practice is the only class we take with just our section. So, look at your number for Legal Practice... It works for me.

sanetruth

Postby sanetruth » Tue May 22, 2012 12:12 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
sanetruth wrote:

Section 1 = Section A
Section 2 = Section B
Section 3 = Section C
Section 4 = Section D

It looks like she said that Legal Practice is what determines the section, and that seems right, as Legal Practice is the only class we take with just our section. So, look at your number for Legal Practice... It works for me.

ok that makes sense, cause it looks like everyone has contracts together, hence it listing me as section 1 for only that. thanks

juleesong

Postby juleesong » Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 am

Only 22 people in Section 1. Does anyone know the class size for Summer Starters?

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue May 22, 2012 12:33 am

juleesong wrote:Only 22 people in Section 1. Does anyone know the class size for Summer Starters?

Where did you get the 22 from? Also, I would imagine they try to keep the sections the same size, so I would say summer class is 88 and total incoming class size around 350.

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Tue May 22, 2012 8:45 am

Section 1 = Section A = griffindor
Section 2 = Section B = hufflepuff
Section 3 = Section C = ravenclaw
Section 4 = Section D = slytherin

Pathika

Postby Pathika » Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 am

outsidethescope wrote:

Sweet. I love Gryffindor. Thank you, Sorting Hat.

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 am

Pathika wrote:
outsidethescope wrote:

Sweet. I love Gryffindor. Thank you, Sorting Hat.

I accidentally put myself in slythrin. damn.

Pathika

Postby Pathika » Tue May 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Class assignments are up. Log into Wolverine Access, go to your class schedule, and click the icon under "CTools". That will bring you to the course homepage and you can see assignments and such. For me, I can see my Torts assignments and Legal Practice assignments, but nothing yet for Contracts.

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 pm

outsidethescope wrote:I accidentally put myself in slytherin. damn.

I see no problem with being destined for greatness.

Also, I need for you to do this with fall starters, too. TYIA.

cylon_clone

Postby cylon_clone » Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 pm

On my drive home from work today, I kept thinking "Yes, I am going to choose Michigan over Chicago." Then about 2 minutes ago, I changed my mind to Chicago. Still don't know what I'm going to do. A decision must be made by tomorrow...maybe I'll have a eureka moment after watching the finale of Glee tonight.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 pm

cylon_clone wrote:On my drive home from work today, I kept thinking "Yes, I am going to choose Michigan over Chicago." Then about 2 minutes ago, I changed my mind to Chicago. Still don't know what I'm going to do. A decision must be made by tomorrow...maybe I'll have a eureka moment after watching the finale of Glee tonight.

Flip a coin.

cylon_clone

Postby cylon_clone » Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:On my drive home from work today, I kept thinking "Yes, I am going to choose Michigan over Chicago." Then about 2 minutes ago, I changed my mind to Chicago. Still don't know what I'm going to do. A decision must be made by tomorrow...maybe I'll have a eureka moment after watching the finale of Glee tonight.

Flip a coin.

Surprisingly, the Glee finale worked. I've made my decision. Thank you Rachel Berry.

outsidethescope

Postby outsidethescope » Tue May 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Moriarty wrote:
outsidethescope wrote:I accidentally put myself in slytherin. damn.

I see no problem with being destined for greatness.

Also, I need for you to do this with fall starters, too. TYIA.

Will do. Remind me after exams/before your orientation!

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

cylon_clone wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Flip a coin.

Surprisingly, the Glee finale worked. I've made my decision. Thank you Rachel Berry.

So...?

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed May 23, 2012 7:11 am

UnamSanctam wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Flip a coin.

So...?

+1

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Wed May 23, 2012 1:13 pm

cylon_clone wrote:Surprisingly, the Glee finale worked. I've made my decision. Thank you Rachel Berry.

Hmm. Chicago, then?

Also, WTF with that finale. So many WTFs.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Wed May 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Moriarty wrote:

And you're the one brewing our sweet pee tea. :shock:

descartesb4thehorse wrote:checking in with BBC America in my cable package.

And.....boom goes the dynamite.

Missing sweet tea and strolls through the Arb while freezing our nips off for those Socratics eh!?!? You never loved us.

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

hyakku wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

And you're the one brewing our sweet pee tea. :shock:

I lol'd pretty hard, NGL. I promise to use water from the tap...

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Shoot, so we *do* have friday contracts every week? I'm confused because this says no http://www.law.umich.edu/currentstudents/registration/Documents/S12footnotes.htm but my "weekly schedule" says yes.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:18 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
juleesong wrote:Only 22 people in Section 1. Does anyone know the class size for Summer Starters?

Where did you get the 22 from? Also, I would imagine they try to keep the sections the same size, so I would say summer class is 88 and total incoming class size around 350.

This is about right. Each section is in the range of 22-23 people, each big section (ABCD) is in the range of 90 people. The class as a whole is in the range of 360 people.

Pathika

Postby Pathika » Wed May 23, 2012 4:49 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:Shoot, so we *do* have friday contracts every week? I'm confused because this says no http://www.law.umich.edu/currentstudents/registration/Documents/S12footnotes.htm but my "weekly schedule" says yes.

I think it is showing that way because Contracts as "MoTuWeThFr". If you look at the end of the footnotes, you'll see the detailed schedule. Our "weekly schedule" probably takes as inputs the "MoTuWeThFr" and assumes it is correct.

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Pathika wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:Shoot, so we *do* have friday contracts every week? I'm confused because this says no http://www.law.umich.edu/currentstudents/registration/Documents/S12footnotes.htm but my "weekly schedule" says yes.

I think it is showing that way because Contracts as "MoTuWeThFr". If you look at the end of the footnotes, you'll see the detailed schedule. Our "weekly schedule" probably takes as inputs the "MoTuWeThFr" and assumes it is correct.

Yea, the detailed schedule is what I was referring to. I'm hoping that's the correct one!

cylon_clone

Postby cylon_clone » Wed May 23, 2012 9:06 pm

JustE wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:

So...?

need you ask?

Moriarty wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:Surprisingly, the Glee finale worked. I've made my decision. Thank you Rachel Berry.

Hmm. Chicago, then?

Also, WTF with that finale. So many WTFs.

I've never had big city dreams like Rachel Berry. In the end all I want to do is make a difference and be happy. Also I visited Chicago - the Northside is cool but was not looking forward to living in Hyde Park. Try driving through there at 11pm - that's how you really get to know the feel for a place. A2 is the destination for now.

The Glee finale was a bit wtf. But I suppose it means most of the cast will be back next season. What Finn did in the end was ridiculous. Why would he join (spoiler) and (spoiler) Rachel?

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”