Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

tumbleweed664

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby tumbleweed664 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Hello future 1Ls!

I'm a current 2L happy to answer any questions you may have. To summer starters: I also live in a three bedroom apartment (the closet one to the law school), and me and my roommates are looking to sublet our rooms. Feel free to PM me with questions or about the apartment.

Congrats on your acceptances!

sanetruth

Postby sanetruth » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Champion wrote:Housing is updated!!!

Again, it seems the only upside to these are living in an all-1L environment. The apartments themselves look rather depressing (although that one with the spiral staircase looks pretty quirky in a good way). I'm feeling good about having signed a lease for a much nicer looking place that is just as close to the law quad.

BTW, obviously the current students on here have more ann arbor apartment hunting experience, but I did just get back from a weekend of apartment hunting there and would be happy to answer any questions about what was available as well as what I saw/liked/didn't like/learned, from an OL perspective.

jfish

Postby jfish » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Again, it seems the only upside to these are living in an all-1L environment. The apartments themselves look rather depressing (although that one with the spiral staircase looks pretty quirky in a good way). I'm feeling good about having signed a lease for a much nicer looking place that is just as close to the law quad.

BTW, obviously the current students on here have more ann arbor apartment hunting experience, but I did just get back from a weekend of apartment hunting there and would be happy to answer any questions about what was available as well as what I saw/liked/didn't like/learned, from an OL perspective.

I have questions! Basically, all the ones you offered to answer - what's available, what you saw/liked/didn't like/learned, plus:

Any relevant background info - pets, people, etc.?
How did you find your apartment?
And, totally not stalking you, where is it?

Thanks!

Lsatfree

Postby Lsatfree » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:46 pm

jfish wrote:

I have questions! Basically, all the ones you offered to answer - what's available, what you saw/liked/didn't like/learned, plus:

Thanks!

I'd like to know all of the above as well.

thisguy456

Postby thisguy456 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:47 pm

For those who got scholarships awarded on the admitted students site, did it list more than one year? My scholarship info only has one year listed, and am wondering if scholarships are typically three years, or sometimes just one year.

sanetruth

Postby sanetruth » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Lsatfree wrote:
jfish wrote:

Thanks!

I'll PM you both

Lsatfree

Postby Lsatfree » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:51 pm

sanetruth wrote:I'll PM you both

Thanks!

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm

thisguy456 wrote:For those who got scholarships awarded on the admitted students site, did it list more than one year? My scholarship info only has one year listed, and am wondering if scholarships are typically three years, or sometimes just one year.

Per what a current student said earlier, all scholarships are for 3 years and are contigent upon maintain a 2.0 GPA (basically, if you lose your scholarship, you'll have much larger issues to worry about).

erv2107

Postby erv2107 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Another summer starter who is going to attend the second admitted students weekend! I'll actually be moving to Ann Arbor that week. Can't wait to meet y'all!

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Anyone attending the first ASW? There's a lot of love for the second ASW but tbh I kind of want towish I could go to ann arbor asap and just stay until classes start.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm going to the first since I'll be out of the country for the second. :)

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 pm

sanetruth wrote:
Lsatfree wrote:
jfish wrote:

Thanks!

I'll PM you both

Can I get a +1 on that?

Also, got an e-mail from Dean Z today offering to move me from summer to fall start. I ED'd, but I'm straight from UG. Super nice of her/Michigan to offer. Will probably switch.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:35 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Also, got an e-mail from Dean Z today offering to move me from summer to fall start. I ED'd, but I'm straight from UG. Super nice of her/Michigan to offer. Will probably switch.

Bummer. Sad to already lose a fellow summer starter but it definitely makes sense in your situation. We'll have notes/outlines ready for you when you arrive in the fall. :D!

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:56 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Also, got an e-mail from Dean Z today offering to move me from summer to fall start. I ED'd, but I'm straight from UG. Super nice of her/Michigan to offer. Will probably switch.

Bummer. Sad to already lose a fellow summer starter but it definitely makes sense in your situation. We'll have notes/outlines ready for you when you arrive in the fall. :D!

I know! I've been trying to justify keeping the summer start because I really want to get to know you guys. But 8 semesters straight? Ugh. Plus this gives me breathing time to work through the summer and make enough money to pay for those football tickets. :lol:

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:21 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:I know! I've been trying to justify keeping the summer start because I really want to get to know you guys. But 8 semesters straight? Ugh. Plus this gives me breathing time to work through the summer and make enough money to pay for those football tickets. :lol:

I cannot wait for:
Image.

My UG didn't have a football team so I have a lot of games to make up.

sanguar

Postby sanguar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Looks a lot different now! ^

greenleaf

Postby greenleaf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:47 pm

There is a Facebook group set up for this year's 0Ls looking for people to live with (link is on ASW under Housing - "Will the Law School find me a roommate?).

Is there a Facebook group set up for Michigan Law Class of 2015?

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 pm

greenleaf wrote:There is a Facebook group set up for this year's 0Ls looking for people to live with (link is on ASW under Housing - "Will the Law School find me a roommate?).

Is there a Facebook group set up for Michigan Law Class of 2015?

I don't believe there's a general group set up for c/o 2015 yet. I tried to find one the other day with no success.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Okay... So. Looking into sublets now for the summer. When is the latest I should find housing for the academic year? End of March? April? I'm in another country so I may not make it in for the preview weekends at the end of March but I'm going to try my best.

Champion

Postby Champion » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:53 pm

I want to live in either The Forum of Packard because of how close they are to the school, but 1) they don't look that great 2) they seem expensive. But I just might have to do it, I fear walking more than 10 minutes in the winter time or having to make a commute from a farther distance.

Lady in Red

Postby Lady in Red » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:00 am

I'm having trouble with the flash drive that Michigan sent. I was able to watch two thirds of the video, and then it stopped. Is anything on the flash drive other than the video?

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 am

Lady in Red wrote:I'm having trouble with the flash drive that Michigan sent. I was able to watch two thirds of the video, and then it stopped. Is anything on the flash drive other than the video?

No, but you can access the video via ASW. Go to your mailings, then click on the hyperlink to "flash drive" in the offer package mailing.

Champion

Postby Champion » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:09 am

Is anyone looking into these dual degree programs, or is law school torturous enough.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:23 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Lady in Red wrote:GO BLUE!!!

Summer starter here, couldn't be more excited! I'll be at the ASW Mar 29-31. I can't wait to meet you all! :D

I, too, will be attending the March 29-31 ASW. Will you be the one wearing the red dress? :-)

Awwww.... I think I'm going to the first one. I was looking forward to meeting some of you TLS'ers.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:25 am

JDizzle2015 wrote:Anyone attending the first ASW? There's a lot of love for the second ASW but tbh I kind of want towish I could go to ann arbor asap and just stay until classes start.

ME!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”