Michigan Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:27 pm

crabcakes wrote:anyone know where to find which address to send our official transcript to?
Yep.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:09 pm

I was excited to set up my Uniqname and get my Michigan email address and all that. However, I'm having trouble setting up my iPhone to work with the account. Has anyone figured out how to do it?

I'm setting up an Exchange, and I have all the settings inputted correctly. I keep getting an incorrect password message, though. I went through and unlocked the captcha for the account, and there is no 2 step authentication set up, so that can't be it, either.

I'm stumped!

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Campagnolo wrote:I was excited to set up my Uniqname and get my Michigan email address and all that. However, I'm having trouble setting up my iPhone to work with the account. Has anyone figured out how to do it?

I'm setting up an Exchange, and I have all the settings inputted correctly. I keep getting an incorrect password message, though. I went through and unlocked the captcha for the account, and there is no 2 step authentication set up, so that can't be it, either.

I'm stumped!
I can't get it to work either :(

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:31 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:I was excited to set up my Uniqname and get my Michigan email address and all that. However, I'm having trouble setting up my iPhone to work with the account. Has anyone figured out how to do it?

I'm stumped!
I can't get it to work either :(
I attempted this, and failed.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 pm

No iPhones?!?!?! :shock:

There must be a way. The Michigan website has instructions, so it must be feasible. I'm by no means a computer whiz, but I think I see the problem. Whenever you log in from a new computer, you get redirected to the Michigan page where you have to input your name and password again, then you get directed to the inbox.

There must be a way. Is anyone here really good with the computers and the internets?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 pm

If you have your gmail (or another email account) sync'd to your phone, then just sync your UMich mail to that account and it'll go to your phone. I have an Android, so I just sync'd to gmail and it works fine.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm

keg411 wrote:If you have your gmail (or another email account) sync'd to your phone, then just sync your UMich mail to that account and it'll go to your phone. I have an Android, so I just sync'd to gmail and it works fine.
How will sending messages work under that setup? Can you still choose which account you are sending from?

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm stumped!
The UMich e-mail address is a gmail account. So just set it up as you would another other GMail account on your iphone, input the username and password and that should work. It did for me.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
keg411 wrote:If you have your gmail (or another email account) sync'd to your phone, then just sync your UMich mail to that account and it'll go to your phone. I have an Android, so I just sync'd to gmail and it works fine.
How will sending messages work under that setup? Can you still choose which account you are sending from?
The only times I send from my UMich account is if I want to sell something/post something to LawOpen (which is the listserv). Otherwise I do everything through gmail. I don't think you can send from your UMich account using my method and you'd probably have to just log-in to your UMich account and do it the long way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 pm

JoeMo wrote:

I'm stumped!
The UMich e-mail address is a gmail account. So just set it up as you would another other GMail account on your iphone, input the username and password and that should work. It did for me.
That didn't work for me. Maybe I need to try again.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:55 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

I'm stumped!
No, there's definitely something not working here besides a password/username problem. I've even got the office IT guy stumped, and we're a Mac office. Joe, do you have an older iPhone, by chance?

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:04 pm

do you have the 4S? That's what I have, and I keep getting the username/password is incorrect too.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Killingly wrote:do you have the 4S? That's what I have, and I keep getting the username/password is incorrect too.
Yup, 4S here, and it's definitely not a username/password issue. It's some kind of weird authentication problem going on. I think I'll email the UMich support folks and see what they say.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
Killingly wrote:do you have the 4S? That's what I have, and I keep getting the username/password is incorrect too.
Yup, 4S here, and it's definitely not a username/password issue. It's some kind of weird authentication problem going on. I think I'll email the UMich support folks and see what they say.
I have a droid and I've tried google account, corporate sync, and regular email account and keep getting either login failed or password not correct. So it's not just iphone - really weird!

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

I'm stumped!
No, there's definitely something not working here besides a password/username problem. I've even got the office IT guy stumped, and we're a Mac office. Joe, do you have an older iPhone, by chance?
No, I don't have an older one. That's really weird. Did you already go through the desktop GMail and set it up? I already have 2 other Gmail accounts that go to my iPhone. I went to settings -> mail, contacts, calendars -> add account -> GMAIL -> Name (Joe) -> Email (Joe@UMich.edu) -> Password (12345$#2yiru) and then next. It asks if you want your mail calendar and notes, I hit just mail and then went back to the mail app went to all inboxes and all the e-mails are there.

I just replicated this on someone else's iPhone to make sure and it worked as well.

Edit: I also sent something to one of my other GMail accounts and it worked it says the e-mail came from (Joe@UMich.edu).

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:00 pm

That's so weird, because it just doesn't work for me!

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Killingly wrote:That's so weird, because it just doesn't work for me!
What are you doing? Have you already logged in through the regular GMail on the computer?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 pm

JoeMo wrote:
What are you doing? Have you already logged in through the regular GMail on the computer?
Yup. I toggle between my personal gmail account and my umich one

Mr. Sanguar

New

Post by Mr. Sanguar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 pm

https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/go ... art-set-up

That has all the instructions for setting up your iPhone.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Killingly wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
Yup. I toggle between my personal gmail account and my umich one
Well, y'all are just bad iphone users then. Don't know what to tell ya. :P

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Mr. Sanguar wrote:https://sites.google.com/a/umich.edu/go ... art-set-up

Hmmm... I didn't have to do it that way but it sounds like that takes care of the authentication problem they're having.

Edit: I tried this way too and that also worked.
Last edited by JoeMo on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm

JoeMo wrote:

Hmmm... I didn't have to do it that way but it sounds like that takes care of the authentication problem they're having.
Killingly, I tried the Android instructions on here and it still says "login failed" if I do Corporate Sync and "username/password incorrect" if I do Google Account. I might just call IT tomorrow.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:21 pm

46nyc wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

Killingly, I tried the Android instructions on here and it still says "login failed" if I do Corporate Sync and "username/password incorrect" if I do Google Account. I might just call IT tomorrow.
I tried the instructions too. No dice. If you call, please post!

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 pm

It took me all of 30 seconds to set it up on my Android OS.

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:It took me all of 30 seconds to set it up on my Android OS.
What kind of account did you set up? And how did you get it to work? I have no clue what's wrong with mine!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”