Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
35
34%
March 29-31
46
44%
Both
3
3%
Neither
20
19%
 
Total votes: 104

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby sanguar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:08 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Hopping in my car within the next hour or two. Arrival in Ann Arbor is imminent.

Yay!

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:38 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Hopping in my car within the next hour or two. Arrival in Ann Arbor is imminent.


Don't forget to bring a life-size cutout of me so you guys can act like I'm there.


Done.

In fact, I may have told the cab driver last night that my name was Scarlet.


I love this. Although I have this fear that if I go to law school with you people, my real name will be eclipsed and I'll be called scarlet in real life.

wait... it's not??? :?

User avatar
jfish
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby jfish » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm

JustE wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
I love this. Although I have this fear that if I go to law school with you people, my real name will be eclipsed and I'll be called scarlet in real life.

wait... it's not??? :?


No silly, her first name is Frankly.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:16 pm

jfish wrote:
JustE wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
I love this. Although I have this fear that if I go to law school with you people, my real name will be eclipsed and I'll be called scarlet in real life.

wait... it's not??? :?


No silly, her first name is Frankly.


My womanly wiles are a ruse- I'm actually a big middle aged dude named Frank Lee Scarlet.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:33 pm

LOLOLOLOL.

Wait... so you don't look like your tar???? :shock: :? :x

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Killingly » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Wore my preview weekend shirt out shopping today. A cashier told me she grew up in Ohio and therefore had to hate me. I thought it was a joke, but she proceeded to be rude/snide to me.

Strange.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Killingly wrote:Wore my preview weekend shirt out shopping today. A cashier told me she grew up in Ohio and therefore had to hate me. I thought it was a joke, but she proceeded to be rude/snide to me.

Strange.


Sounds about right. I wore this shirt around A2 and people loved it. Didn't have the balls to wear it in Ohio, though.

Image

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:50 pm

JustE wrote:LOLOLOLOL.

Wait... so you don't look like your tar???? :shock: :? :x




WHAT'S REAL? WHAT'S FAKE? SCARLEPTION.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:57 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JustE wrote:LOLOLOLOL.

Wait... so you don't look like your tar???? :shock: :? :x




WHAT'S REAL? WHAT'S FAKE? SCARLEPTION.


I like you Frank Lee. :D

Kurst
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Kurst » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Not to pull a Band-Aid off a healed wound, but the food I've eaten so far in A2 has not only been very good, but also incredibly cheap. And, I am from San Francisco which has more restaurants per capita than any other city in America. I know good food, and Ann Arbor has good food.

Good food in Ann Arbor? Preposterous. A friend of mine knows good food, and she proclaims haute cuisine does not exist in the plebeian town of Ann Arbor.

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
The Duck wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:I was pleased with the selection of restaurants. There seemed like a ton of good ethnic, cheap choices. The only thing missing is maybe higher end things

There are some things on Main that are high end. Chop house, black pearl, vinology, etc.

I'm referring more to the higher end places I'd go to in Chicago. Nothing against those choices, but they're just not really on the same level.

She may have a combined household income of 60k, and we may be subsisting on student loans, but that does not stop us from gorging on twelve-course degustation ceremonies with the likes of Thomas Keller and Charlie Trotter. What is a thousand-dollar meal, in the grand scheme of things? We will graduate with over two hundred thousand dollars of debt. Why not spend a grand on a meal, once or twice a month, to alleviate the stress of law school? The debt is inconsequential, for BigLaw awaits us all.

You say you know good food, coming from San Francisco. Where in Ann Arbor might one find foie gras au torchon, Pain de Campagne, or Pruneaux d’Agen? Where are the Chez Panisses, Gary Dankos, or French Laundries? My friend and I will be sorely disappointed if we have to drive to Chicago for a good meal.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 pm

:?:

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby sanguar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Wut?

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm

sanguar wrote:Wut?


Who? Where? When? Why?





How?

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby sanguar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
sanguar wrote:Wut?


Who? Where? When? Why?





How?

WUT?

legalabogada
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby legalabogada » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:50 pm

.
Last edited by legalabogada on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Nice try to f7 me, Kurst, but you missed a pretty big negative sign before that 60k.

dem loans.

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby imjustjoking22 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Kurst wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Not to pull a Band-Aid off a healed wound, but the food I've eaten so far in A2 has not only been very good, but also incredibly cheap. And, I am from San Francisco which has more restaurants per capita than any other city in America. I know good food, and Ann Arbor has good food.

Good food in Ann Arbor? Preposterous. A friend of mine knows good food, and she proclaims haute cuisine does not exist in the plebeian town of Ann Arbor.

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
The Duck wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:I was pleased with the selection of restaurants. There seemed like a ton of good ethnic, cheap choices. The only thing missing is maybe higher end things

There are some things on Main that are high end. Chop house, black pearl, vinology, etc.

I'm referring more to the higher end places I'd go to in Chicago. Nothing against those choices, but they're just not really on the same level.

She may have a combined household income of 60k, and we may be subsisting on student loans, but that does not stop us from gorging on twelve-course degustation ceremonies with the likes of Thomas Keller and Charlie Trotter. What is a thousand-dollar meal, in the grand scheme of things? We will graduate with over two hundred thousand dollars of debt. Why not spend a grand on a meal, once or twice a month, to alleviate the stress of law school? The debt is inconsequential, for BigLaw awaits us all.

You say you know good food, coming from San Francisco. Where in Ann Arbor might one find foie gras au torchon, Pain de Campagne, or Pruneaux d’Agen? Where are the Chez Panisses, Gary Dankos, or French Laundries? My friend and I will be sorely disappointed if we have to drive to Chicago for a good meal.



...really? Check yo self.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby Geneva » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 am

mich is really really beautiful. somehow that makes the cold more bearable.

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby whirledpeas86 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:44 am

The Duck wrote:
aekea wrote:
The Duck wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
My own brand of friendly advice is to probably avoid calling other posters "pompous" for voicing their opinions when you're giving your own friendly advice.


I call it like I see it. The fact you're used to a "specific type of restaurant" is why I think you're pompous. Essentially, you're saying you only like expensive restaurants.

She's not saying she only likes expensive restaurants. She said the sort of restaurant she tends to spend too much money at doesn't exist in AA which was probably a good thing considering she's going to be a poor student for the next few years. Then, you inquired how this could be the case, considering how expensive certain restaurants in AA can be. When she said that it wasn't the price of the food that she was after but a certain style of restaurant you called her pompous and claimed that she only likes expensive restaurants. You're not making much sense and you're being rude for no reason.


I'm sorry you think I'm being rude. I wasn't really intending to be. Maybe I read too much into what she said. I did, however get several PMs from people in this thread saying they felt like she was coming off pompous as well. I was merely trying to give her a friendly warning. Maybe I misread her...I don't know. My point was that quality =/= price and saying these kinds of things can and do get taken out of context and give people an impression.


Dude, quit being such a blowhard.

The Duck
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby The Duck » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:35 am

On that note, it's been realz.

Can't believe it. Purposefully snaked by a fellow student. Disappointed to say the least. Please don't let this shape your view of Michigan.
Last edited by The Duck on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
mblueyahoo!
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby mblueyahoo! » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:47 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:Dude, quit being such a blowhard.


back to your work. we must sangria in t-minus 6 hours. shit, I need to do ALL my rule application paragraphs.

dammit.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby sanguar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:59 am

mblueyahoo! wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:Dude, quit being such a blowhard.


back to your work. we must sangria in t-minus 6 hours. shit, I need to do ALL my rule application paragraphs.

dammit.

Sangria? Suh-weet.

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby whirledpeas86 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:01 am

sanguar wrote:
mblueyahoo! wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:Dude, quit being such a blowhard.


back to your work. we must sangria in t-minus 6 hours. shit, I need to do ALL my rule application paragraphs.

dammit.

Sangria? Suh-weet.


NOON TODAY AT DOM'S! COME!!!

And fuck rule application. Mary Williams can TakeAdvantage of my ass.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby sanguar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:
sanguar wrote:
mblueyahoo! wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:Dude, quit being such a blowhard.


back to your work. we must sangria in t-minus 6 hours. shit, I need to do ALL my rule application paragraphs.

dammit.

Sangria? Suh-weet.


NOON TODAY AT DOM'S! COME!!!

And fuck rule application. Mary Williams can TakeAdvantage of my ass.

I think I passed that info on to Mr. Sanguar. I'm stuck at work in TTTToledo. Bah. Tonight, however. There's always tonight.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby JustE » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Wait, is Duck leaving now too!?!?




Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest