Michigan Law Class of 2015

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

crabcakes

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Postby crabcakes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:39 am

Sorry if this has been asked before but...

Do we get some kind of confirmation once we've deposited? I did mine on an iPad and I'm not entirely sure if it went through... Would there be some email or some difference on the ASW page?

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:10 am

crabcakes wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before but...

Do we get some kind of confirmation once we've deposited? I did mine on an iPad and I'm not entirely sure if it went through... Would there be some email or some difference on the ASW page?

I didn't get an email but the communications and mailings page will show that you submitted your deposit. If you just did it tonight, I'd wait a couple of days before checking.

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 am

Looks like we should be getting something in our mailboxes really soon... (hint: pictures!) lol

crabcakes

Postby crabcakes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks jdizzle! The ASW website isn't letting me login for some reason...

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 am

crabcakes wrote:Thanks jdizzle! The ASW website isn't letting me login for some reason...

You'll also get an e-mail a few days later asking you to set up your E-mail and Uniqname.

crabcakes

Postby crabcakes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

JoeMo wrote:
crabcakes wrote:Thanks jdizzle! The ASW website isn't letting me login for some reason...

You'll also get an e-mail a few days later asking you to set up your E-mail and Uniqname.

Sweet :)

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Hey everyone, two things.
First, if anyone is looking to live in the Lawyer's Club replacements, I'm looking for a roommate, fall start. Male, 23, don't care about gender of who I room with. Just want someone fairly quiet and fairly clean (I'm not a neat freak, but I don't dig a pigsty). I'm looking to live in the first or fourth option, since both have heating, water, and parking included. PM if you're interested.

Second, I'm coming to the second Preview weekend one night early since I'm driving up from TN. If anyone is going to be around and is interested, I'm going to head out to one of the local pool halls and play there. If you're car-less at a hotel, I can come grab you. I just want to check out the places I'll probably be hanging out at the next three years.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 pm

American_in_China wrote:Hey everyone, two things.
First, if anyone is looking to live in the Lawyer's Club replacements, I'm looking for a roommate, fall start. Male, 23, don't care about gender of who I room with. Just want someone fairly quiet and fairly clean (I'm not a neat freak, but I don't dig a pigsty). I'm looking to live in the first or fourth option, since both have heating, water, and parking included. PM if you're interested.

Second, I'm coming to the second Preview weekend one night early since I'm driving up from TN. If anyone is going to be around and is interested, I'm going to head out to one of the local pool halls and play there. If you're car-less at a hotel, I can come grab you. I just want to check out the places I'll probably be hanging out at the next three years.

I'm down for the pool hall... I'm getting in on the 27th and will have a rental car, so just let me know when and where.

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Just received my scholarship offer. It's official. I'm going to be a Wolverine!!!! WoOoooOoOo!!!!! lol. Can't wait to meet you all!!! :lol:

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:39 pm

JustE wrote:Just received my scholarship offer. It's official. I'm going to be a Wolverine!!!! WoOoooOoOo!!!!! lol. Can't wait to meet you all!!! :lol:

CONGRATS! :) Q: how many days/weeks passed between getting ur acceptance and getting ur scholly offer?

JustE

Postby JustE » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Geneva wrote:
JustE wrote:Just received my scholarship offer. It's official. I'm going to be a Wolverine!!!! WoOoooOoOo!!!!! lol. Can't wait to meet you all!!! :lol:

CONGRATS! :) Q: how many days/weeks passed between getting ur acceptance and getting ur scholly offer?

PM'd.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:12 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:

I'm down for the pool hall... I'm getting in on the 27th and will have a rental car, so just let me know when and where.

Thought we were having drinks at Ashley's the Wednesday? Even though I'll be there since Monday the 26th.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Tempted to start a fb group for us.

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Congrats! :D

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Geneva wrote:Tempted to start a fb group for us.

There is a FB group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/UMichLaw2015/

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:24 pm

JoeMo wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:

Thought we were having drinks at Ashley's the Wednesday? Even though I'll be there since Monday the 26th.

I'm going to be without kids to wake me up at night, so I'll be confused late at night and need something to do. Ashley's then pool.

Geneva

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 pm

JoeMo wrote:

There is a FB group:

thanks! who are the admins for this group? an assistant dean of admissions was the admin for the w&m group, so i'm curious...

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Geneva wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

There is a FB group:

thanks! who are the admins for this group? an assistant dean of admissions was the admin for the w&m group, so i'm curious...

It's not an official group by any means. The admins are just two admitted students but there's a good amount of 1Ls/2Ls in the group if you feel like asking any questions.

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:25 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
JoeMo wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:

I'm going to be without kids to wake me up at night, so I'll be confused late at night and need something to do. Ashley's then pool.

What is Ashley's? I haven't heard of this, but I only got admitted two weeks ago and my scholly last friday. Elaborate?

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 pm

American_in_China wrote:What is Ashley's? I haven't heard of this, but I only got admitted two weeks ago and my scholly last friday. Elaborate?

Join the Facebook group. There is a get together the night before the festivities begin at a Ashley's (a local bar, I believe).

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
American_in_China wrote:What is Ashley's? I haven't heard of this, but I only got admitted two weeks ago and my scholly last friday. Elaborate?

Join the Facebook group. There is a get together the night before the festivities begin at a Ashley's (a local bar, I believe).

Didn't see that- buried under all those people trying to sublet. And that's for second weekend, not first?

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:12 pm

108k? That's absurd. :lol: Welcome to the ranks E, fellow victor, leader, and best.

JustE

Postby JustE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:

108k? That's absurd. :lol: Welcome to the ranks E, fellow victor, leader, and best.

:D Buying you a drink if you're in AA next week, my friend. Go Blue!

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:34 pm

JustE wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

:D Buying you a drink if you're in AA next week, my friend. Go Blue!

Alas, while I am currently at my home (an hour from Ann Arbor), next week I will be back at a different school in Michigan, and I will be enjoying St. Patty's weekend. It's 2nd ASW for this guy. Have fun though!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 pm

American_in_China wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:

Didn't see that- buried under all those people trying to sublet. And that's for second weekend, not first?

hahaha, the mass grave of sublets is a common frustration. There is one for the first preview as well. Somewhere, deep down in there.

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”