Michigan Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)

Which ASW do you plan to attend?

March 15-17
34%
March 29-31
44%
Both
3%
Neither
19%

Total votes: 104

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Re: Michigan Law Class of 2015

Post by UnamSanctam » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 pm

I am a little bitter about the football schedule. 1L and 3L we get Michigan State home and that's it. 2L is the only time we'll get OSU and ND home. That said, just bought tickets, and I'm not hating it.

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:I am a little bitter about the football schedule. 1L and 3L we get Michigan State home and that's it. 2L is the only time we'll get OSU and ND home. That said, just bought tickets, and I'm not hating it.
Ya, bum rap for you guys. Last year's 1L class and this next year's class has OSU + ND twice.

You could always try to defer 8)

cylon_clone

Bronze

Post by cylon_clone » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
cylon_clone wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:Just completed the ticket application!

http://i.imgur.com/BPud6.jpg
the season ticket package includes home games but what about the away games - ie The Ohio State game? That's honestly the only one I care about and would go to. Times like this makes me wish I'd become a Buckeye alumni...
Better start hitting up the Ohio State Class of 2015 thread!

In other news, the games switch location each year, so you'll get it as a 2L. Why the OSU love?
I'm from Ohio. I decided not to attend OSU for undergrad because I didn't want to go to school in a city (no matter how awesome said city is). But, I've always been a Buckeyes football fan. Rooting for Michigan football is downright blasphemy if you're a native and loyal Ohioan.

I'd gladly travel to Columbus for the annual game, but it's crazy to spend $200 for tickets to just one game.

When 2L comes around, I'll wear some neutral colors and pretend to root for the home team. Go Blue! :wink:

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Does anyone know if football tickets sell out? I won't be able to buy mine until next week since I'm inbetween jobs and I definitely don't want to miss any games.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:37 pm

hyakku wrote:Does anyone know if football tickets sell out? I won't be able to buy mine until next week since I'm inbetween jobs and I definitely don't want to miss any games.
They don't. And even if they claim they do, they'll open it back up like a week later (or you can usually buy tickets on LawOpen for under face value on game day... even for the big games). The stadium is huge and there's always plenty of room.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

planeride

New

Post by planeride » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:I am a little bitter about the football schedule. 1L and 3L we get Michigan State home and that's it. 2L is the only time we'll get OSU and ND home. That said, just bought tickets, and I'm not hating it.
Gah!! Link? Had no idea the tickets were on sale already. Is there assigned seating (i.e. did I miss out on the best seats?)

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

planeride wrote:
Gah!! Link? Had no idea the tickets were on sale already. Is there assigned seating (i.e. did I miss out on the best seats?)
You should have received an email about the law group seating. You can get tickets from http://www.mgoblue.com/.

rewritten

New

Post by rewritten » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Hey guys, does anyone know if the second deposit needs to be physically mailed in? I can no longer access the ASW to pay online like I did for my first. Can't seem to find info about this anywhere.

cylon_clone

Bronze

Post by cylon_clone » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm

rewritten wrote:Hey guys, does anyone know if the second deposit needs to be physically mailed in? I can no longer access the ASW to pay online like I did for my first. Can't seem to find info about this anywhere.
you can pay the second deposit online too.
https://www.law.umich.edu/admittedstude ... fault.aspx

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sammy841

Bronze

Post by Sammy841 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 am

How much is the second deposit?

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 am

It's another $300. The Admitted Students Website has been finicky lately. I had to try logging on a couple different times before it let me on to pay.

It's finally starting to hit me that I'll be starting law school in just a few weeks. :shock:

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm trying to sort out loan requests. Is there a final tuition figure for the upcoming year?

DrMurder

New

Post by DrMurder » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 pm

For everyone who wants to see what Ann Arbor has to offer: 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euC4j-WSTSA

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Campagnolo wrote:I'm trying to sort out loan requests. Is there a final tuition figure for the upcoming year?
I emailed them for it - it's not approved by the final board yet, but the estimate including living expenses is $69,950 out of state. Tuition is $51,250 out of state. You can email them, or PM me, if you want the PDF with the full budget. They were really nice.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am

Any summer starters on TLS? How's it going so far?

RamblinBoyofPleasure

New

Post by RamblinBoyofPleasure » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:22 pm

If anyone is interested in living in the forum, I'm got off the waitlist elsewhere so my roommate is looking for someone. PM me if you're interested.

Lady in Red

Bronze

Post by Lady in Red » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 am

Campagnolo wrote:Any summer starters on TLS? How's it going so far?
It's wonderful! Okay, the workload is killer. But the classes are exciting and entertaining, I love our professors, the reading material is often confusing but way less dry than I thought it would be, everyone here is so nice, Ann Arbor is gorgeous, and life is generally good! Except for the workload.

On a totally unrelated note, if you are a "non-traditional student" (euphemism for: older than the norm), please join our brand new OWLS facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/330401463703183/

As far as I know, there is no definite age limit for being in OWLS. Most of the students here seem to be between 22 and 27, so take that for what it's worth. I fall...well outside the range of 22 and 27. ;)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:05 am

Lady in Red wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:Any summer starters on TLS? How's it going so far?
It's wonderful! Okay, the workload is killer. But the classes are exciting and entertaining, I love our professors, the reading material is often confusing but way less dry than I thought it would be, everyone here is so nice, Ann Arbor is gorgeous, and life is generally good! Except for the workload.

On a totally unrelated note, if you are a "non-traditional student" (euphemism for: older than the norm), please join our brand new OWLS facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/330401463703183/

As far as I know, there is no definite age limit for being in OWLS. Most of the students here seem to be between 22 and 27, so take that for what it's worth. I fall...well outside the range of 22 and 27. ;)
I've only had Pottow in a class of 45. Is he as snarky and witty in a class of 90? Can you understand what he says if you are in the back of the class? Is the front row again reserved for folks who didn't do the reading?

Lady in Red

Bronze

Post by Lady in Red » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote: I've only had Pottow in a class of 45. Is he as snarky and witty in a class of 90? Can you understand what he says if you are in the back of the class? Is the front row again reserved for folks who didn't do the reading?
He is definitely snarky and witty! I love that class so much! I can usually hear from the back row, even though I'm a little hard of hearing. Yes, the front row is reserved for anyone who is unprepared. So far, no one has sat there.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:47 pm

On a scale of 1 to sweltering equatorial rainforest, how hot and humid is it in Ann Arbor during the summer and spring? This frightens me more than the cold.

Kurst

Bronze

Post by Kurst » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Campagnolo wrote:On a scale of 1 to sweltering equatorial rainforest, how hot and humid is it in Ann Arbor during the summer and spring? This frightens me more than the cold.
Spring is beautiful in Ann Arbor. Summer, on the other hand, often feels like a sweltering equatorial rainforest. There is a good reason advertisements for summer sublets universally tout a specific amenity: air conditioning. It is muggy and sticky at night -- it does not cool off like Oregon.

But you will be on the west coast during summers, so you have nothing to worry about!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Kurst wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:On a scale of 1 to sweltering equatorial rainforest, how hot and humid is it in Ann Arbor during the summer and spring? This frightens me more than the cold.
Spring is beautiful in Ann Arbor. Summer, on the other hand, often feels like a sweltering equatorial rainforest. There is a good reason advertisements for summer sublets universally tout a specific amenity: air conditioning. It is muggy and sticky at night -- it does not cool off like Oregon.

But you will be on the west coast during summers, so you have nothing to worry about!
I honestly wouldn't pay extra for AC in Ann Arbor.

There are some days that suck. The last few nights the lows were in the 70s. That is no fun without AC. However, July is the hottest month of the year in A2 and the average lows are in the low 60s. If you've got some fans and windows that open wide, you'll be fine.

Yes. I've enjoyed a summer in A2 without AC.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Michigan's problem isn't temperature. It does get really humid during the summer, though. Welcome to Michigan.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I don't have A/C, I'm surviving. The LS is all air conditioned so I just go there and work if it's too hot, encourages me to not be lazy.

It's awesome here. Having a blast. We have had so many classes moved around that the workload is super light most of the time, reading is pretty fast and quite reasonable. Class is entertaining. Could not like it more!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:27 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:I don't have A/C, I'm surviving. The LS is all air conditioned so I just go there and work if it's too hot, encourages me to not be lazy.

It's awesome here. Having a blast. We have had so many classes moved around that the workload is super light most of the time, reading is pretty fast and quite reasonable. Class is entertaining. Could not like it more!

:(

You make me jelly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”